Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 10-08-2020, 11:30 PM   #781
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
blood on your hands, killer

all that wisdom but it did nothing for your own kin
UT again demonstrates a classic Trump supporter. Personal insults and not one fact. Proving but again how corrupt Trump is and how brainwashed his supporters are.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:31 PM   #782
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

surprised you can type, or that the blood doesn't clog the keyboard
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 11:43 PM   #783
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Apparently death isn't relevant to you. First tw post about COVID was 2/28 in the thread started 2/27

You could have prevented deaths if you had such amazing a priori knowledge. You claim you had the information. You bought the masks. You told nobody. You did not prevent the deaths. Blood is on your hands, killer.
I tried on February first but you guys wanted to talk about instrument of music instead of instruments of death.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:59 PM   #784
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
I tried on February first but you guys wanted to talk about instrument of music instead of instruments of death.
Bring back sanity. What happened to Tiny Tim?
Old 10-09-2020, 06:23 AM   #785
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
That was my fault.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:00 AM   #786
glatt

We didn’t have expert intelligence reports being delivered to us. It wasn’t until March that I realized it was worse than the flu here in the US. Those first two weeks of March, shit got real. I had been trying to understand the numbers and what they meant in the second half of February.

I attended a wedding on February 29, and had a fairly intense discussion with a cousin where I took the position that Covid was serious, but only about as bad as the flu. She was in full blown pandemic belief, but interestingly, was at a crowded wedding without a mask. I don’t think there were confirmed US cases yet at that time, but I was convinced it had breached the borders.

My office closed Mid-March, and I bought a better computer monitor the first week of March, so I knew it was real then.

I am going to pick a date and say that I knew it was real on March 10, 2020.

Last edited by glatt; 10-09-2020 at 07:14 AM.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:54 AM   #787
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
She was in full blown pandemic belief, but interestingly, was at a crowded wedding without a mask. I don’t think there were confirmed US cases yet at that time, but I was convinced it had breached the borders.
In those early days, CDC was saying masks were unnecessary (yet). Because the major shortage of masks and other PPE was even apparent to me in January by simply viewing what was on retail store shelves. As Dr Fauci said, back then, we did not encourage masks because too few were available for those who most needed them - doctors, nurses, etc.

That was the point of not posting. Cellar was one of my sources - to appreciate how much was known and unknown. Surprising that no one was discussing this in January or February. Apparently my news sources (that, for example, avoids all local gossip pretending to be news) tend to be more informed. Store shelves imply I was only one of many with better informed news services.
Old 10-09-2020, 10:39 AM   #788
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

In other words, you didn't encourage us to save our own lives because you wanted to see how many of us would die.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:48 PM   #789
jaminhealth
Banned

Reading the Title of the thread and every time DJT opens his mouth the spewing of Lies, Vulgarness and Sad Soul words come to my mind.

And I believe on Covid, there is so so so much we'll never know....and I don't own a mask, distancing is what I do anyway as I'm home for a lot of years and sanitizers, never owned one. I'm fine..

Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and Grapeseed Exract are my champions. And these COULD keep everyone from contracting the virus. Just sayin...

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-09-2020 at 09:01 PM.
jaminhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 07:58 PM   #790
Flint
Snowflake

Herculean task, that is, not contacting a single other human being for 8 months..

how do you get your groceries? Star Trek transporter?
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 11:46 AM   #791
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and Grapeseed Exract are my champions.
Where is one fact or number that justifies any of that?

Grapeseed Extract comes from stores that science clearly exposed as scams. NY Attorney General studied everything found on shelves in GNC. 90% of those contents were not what was listed on the label. Health food stores target consumers who are always most easily scammed. Who must lie to themselves to believe 'miracle cure' lies and other conclusions only from emotions.

Apparently you have made a conclusion based only in wild speculation. Masks are not worn to protect you. Any informed adult (thinking like an adult) knows that. Masks are worn to protect Constitutional Rights of all others. Apparently you have contempt for everyone else and logical thought; do not wear a mask.

Ignorance is never an excuse. Ignorance is why one believes scams will keep one healthy. Only contempt of others explains why one would not use a mask.

Unfortunately too many adults still only use the brain of a child to make conclusions. "I feel. Therefore it must be true."

Same though process also concludes, "I ran stop signs and did not kill anyone. So that proves I can run all stop signs."

Where is even one fact or number justify those beliefs? Scams are that easily promoted who use the reptilian brain to make decisions.
Old 10-11-2020, 04:57 AM   #792
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post

Unfortunately too many adults still only use the brain of a child to make conclusions. "I feel. Therefore it must be true."
Now now, nobody... well not too many, are that vain. It's I found 3 people on the internet who agree, so it must be true.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:56 AM   #793
tw

Quote:
Now now, nobody... well not too many, are that vain. It's I found 3 people on the internet who agree, so it must be true.
Who? UG. UT. And UTrump?
Old 10-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #794
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

tw,

In case you haven't noticed, because you don't follow all the threads, The Cellar is closing on Dec. 31.

What will be your new endeavor when this frees up all your time.

Knitting?
Old 10-11-2020, 11:00 AM   #795
keryx
Mrs. Fargon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Where is one fact or number that justifies any of that?

Grapeseed Extract comes from stores that science clearly exposed as scams. NY Attorney General studied everything found on shelves in GNC. 90% of those contents were not what was listed on the label. Health food stores target consumers who are always most easily scammed. Who must lie to themselves to believe 'miracle cure' lies and other conclusions only from emotions.

Apparently you have made a conclusion based only in wild speculation. Masks are not worn to protect you. Any informed adult (thinking like an adult) knows that. Masks are worn to protect Constitutional Rights of all others. Apparently you have contempt for everyone else and logical thought; do not wear a mask.

Ignorance is never an excuse. Ignorance is why one believes scams will keep one healthy. Only contempt of others explains why one would not use a mask.

Same though process also concludes, "I ran stop signs and did not kill anyone. So that proves I can run all stop signs."

Where is even one fact or number justify those beliefs? Scams are that easily promoted who use the reptilian brain to make decisions.
And so it has come to this, I am agreeing with tw.

Truly we are living in the end times.

Tags
cheesecake