The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-07-2006, 07:31 PM   #91
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

i sent a kangaroo with a letter in its pouch. thats what you yanks want to hear isnt it??
Old 05-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #92
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagen4o4
i sent a kangaroo with a letter in its pouch. thats what you yanks want to hear isnt it??
Yes. I want to hear that and then some dirty talk!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #93
JayMcGee
Cardigan-wearing man

what's that, skippy? He's got stuck down a mine?

no.....?

what then?

Oh, he wants to stick it up mine?
Old 05-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #94
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagen4o4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri

Thats why I left it open for you Kagen, I dont think I'm Bri's type. :p
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #95
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Skippy and Lassie always amazed me!!
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:11 PM   #96
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Morris Minors at the moment. I'm restoring a 1958 Model. I've previously done a late 50's Land Rover, 1970 Cortina and mucked about with Austin 1800s.

Hagar , post some pics !!!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #97
Kagen4o4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
how about you be lassie and ill be skippy. ill make you bark and you can make me bounce around
Old 05-08-2006, 05:43 AM   #98
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts
Skippy and Lassie always amazed me!!
C'mon, guys...The young boy on Lassie was "Timmy" (Jon Provost) or "Jeff" (Tommy Rettig).

"Skippy" was the sponsor...Skippy Peanut Butter.

Geez. Let's also not confuse Timmy's mom (June Lockhart, who was also the mom on "Lost in Space"--no, not the movie) with Annette Funichello (Mousketeer and Skippy spokesperson) :-)

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:45 AM   #99
MaggieL

"Then the Kiwi said 'Don't you want to have a go, too?' and the Australian stuck his head in the fence..." :-)

Old 05-08-2006, 06:23 AM   #100
Kagen4o4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
"Then the Kiwi said 'Don't you want to have a go, too?' and the Australian stuck his head in the fence..." :-)

makes sense to me

Old 05-08-2006, 11:39 AM   #101
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangloss62
I LOVE being single! When I think back to all the times I was part of "couple," I have to admit that I often would think about how much I wanted to be single. Sex is good, companionship is nicel, no doubt, but there is more to life than that. Whatever happens happens. I'm content with friends, things to do, my job (I'm lucky in that regard). Hey limey! If you're not happy with yourself (as a single), you'll never be happy as part of a couple. I'll admit, however, that "The grass is always greener on the other side." I too wonder if things would be "better" if I were part of a couple; but I see so many couples that look soooooooo bored with each other. They begin to see arguments and petty shit as positive attributes of their relationship. You're better off single (untill you explode!!).

I agree...to an extent. Being single is nice, in a lot of ways. You can do what you want, when you want, and you don't have to run it by anyone else. You can seek out companionship with friends or family when you want it, and when you need it. And, if I was different in my beliefs, I could have sex when I wanted with no strings attached.
I too look at the marriages and relationships all around me and think to myself, "Why woud I ever give up being single to have a marriage like they have. I would have to be crazy!" But then I look at the marriages and I compare myself...and I know that if I ever got in a serious relationship it wouldn't be like theirs for 2 simple reasons. I think the most important one is that I know who I am. I know who and what type of person I am compatible with and I know the type of person I am, and the type of person I can be. I do agree too though, that you have to know how to love yourself, and be happy with yourself before you can expect to love someone else and make them happy.
Secondly, I like to think I'm not exactly typical when it comes to women and the female response about most things...at least, I would say, I'm less typical than most of the women I run across...and the women in the marriages that I compare myself to. And I could be totally wrong about that too. Maybe I have a jacked up sense of reality? I am not saying that I'm perfect or better. You don't even have to know me to know that would be a lie. I guess what I'm saying is that I've learned from my past experiences and the experiences of others around me. I've learned what I will accept and what I expect and for the most part I will stand up for that, as long as I feel that I deserve it. I believe that the road is a two-street, and that it does in fact go both ways.
I would give up the freedom and all of the other "single" stuff, for the butterflies, companionship, conflicts, sex and all of the other things a relationship has to offer, if I had met the right person, and he was available. I've been on both sides of the street and have tested the grass on both sides... as for the sex part, I love sex, but being who I am, and being that I connect sex emotionally, I can't and won't just have sex with anyone just to have sex. It's not good. Sex is one of the most wonderful things in the world when you actually feel for the person you're having sex with.

Last edited by KinkyVixen; 05-08-2006 at 12:21 PM.
KinkyVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #102
G. Willaker
Person Who Has Posted

Whats crackin, I just stumbled upon this place. Looks pretty cool.
G. Willaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #103
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

Yo yo yo, G!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:49 PM   #104
funkykule
professional bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
C'mon, guys...The young boy on Lassie was "Timmy" (Jon Provost) or "Jeff" (Tommy Rettig).

"Skippy" was the sponsor...Skippy Peanut Butter.

Geez. Let's also not confuse Timmy's mom (June Lockhart, who was also the mom on "Lost in Space"--no, not the movie) with Annette Funichello (Mousketeer and Skippy spokesperson) :-)
They are referring to 'skippy the bush kangaroo'. It was an Aussie series...Guess what the theme was?
funkykule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:10 PM   #105
MaggieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykule
Guess what the theme was?
Peanut butter vs. lanolin as lube?