The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-02-2004, 06:06 PM   #121
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Marichiko 0, LJ 100

This is YOUR board, UT and it's YOUR dime. I would not retire so tamely from the field in different circumstances, but you're the boss here and as far as I'm concerned you have just served me with due warning. If you prefer posters like LJ to hang out here over someone like me, than I HAVE been posting on the wrong board. The management sets the tone of an establishment and I am definitely declasse' in this one.

It's been great talking to almost all of you and I wish you all well.
Mari...dear...you're being a bit melodramatic and over the top. Chill.

In the 4 years I've been here, UT has banned 3 people (not including all the spammers)...and I'd say that only one of those banishments was questionable. So you annoy UT...so do I and a lot of other people. Fuck him. Fuck Jim. Fuck all of 'em. And fuck you. It's a Goddamned message board on the internet...while I enjoy the discussions, it ain't that serious.

FWIW, you say the word, and you'll have your own forum on the Bosque. But come back here...please?
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:09 PM   #122
lookout123
changed his status to single

oh sure, syc. kissing up to the refugees? why don't you throw in a free weekend at Sycamore's Golden Palace Inn and Day Spa? how about a free round of golf?
Old 12-02-2004, 06:21 PM   #123
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
So, how would you explain
People hit my pet peeves in a row, what would you do?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:10 PM   #124
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

My day late and dollar short thought in this ruptured spleen of a thread is that I think it is better to respond to the post and not the person.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:20 PM   #125
marichiko

My thanks to those of you who have PM'd me and asked me not to leave. I feel that at the very least the Cellar needs a vacation from me, and I from it.

I am trying to get back into the professional world. I am trying to get back to the person I once was. While I feel greatful toward those who did give me valid feedback, the negative response this thread has also generated is not what I am interested in right now. Constructive criticism is one thing. Childish attempts at bullying and obscenely worded replies are quite another. Every other board I frequent would ban a member who engaged in such activities - nasty spitefulness just for the sheer pleasure of being mean.

I will gladly take on ANYONE in an honest fight. However, if a board fosters members who can hang around trying to outvie one another in crude language and mindless ill temper then I have no interest in it. You can tell a person by the company they keep - "lumber-asshole-Jim", "turd-sucking TS", "jaded-whore jinx", and sacrilige of sacriliges, "under-handed, balless under-turd". How does it feel, folks? Don't like it? Well, shut up and quit whining or I'll dish out some more. As a matter of fact, I'll dish out some more anyhow, to the accompanying cheers from the mindless bitches in the peanut gallery.

I'm fed up with this groups' tolerance of LJ's ceaseless attacks on any woman who comes along - me, Garnet, Dagney, Flippant, April, Brianna - the list is endless. The Cellar fosters this misogynist member and tells him that he is humorous. What's wrong with you people? Since when did women hating and baiting anyone who is different become so cool around here? Why don't you start a nigger hating forum next? I'm sure LJ would be delighted to moderate it. Lady Syc is spared only because LJ is afraid of Sycamore. You notice that LJ never tears into a male member of this board the way he does the women. The only reason he had that big fight with Sycamore is that Syc called LJ on his shit and FORCED LJ to fight. Otherwise, when it comes to men, LJ settles for the occasional mindless barb against those who displease "his emminence".

I find this behavior to be unacceptable. I finds this group's tolerance of it to be unacceptable.

I have two Master's degrees, I was an associate professor at a respected college, I was director of the library for one of this nation's leading botanic gardens and I want to get back on my feet and make similar contributions again. When I told the members of this board about these aspirations, this entire thread has been the response. Shame on everyone of you who participated in the nastiness.

A few people around here like to fling the label "victim" at me. In your dreams, you delusional bastards. A victim would stick around here and make nicey-nice to the perps. Maybe I'll be back if only to let the assholes around here know that they'd better stay on their toes. Maybe not.

Sycamore, I am honored by your invitation if you still wish to extend it after all this.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:30 PM   #126
elSicomoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
oh sure, syc. kissing up to the refugees? why don't you throw in a free weekend at Sycamore's Golden Palace Inn and Day Spa? how about a free round of golf?
Oh, lookout...my backward bumblefuck little friend...I don't need to kiss up to anyone. My awesomeness attracts people.

And the free weekend would be at Sycamore's Urban Safari.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:41 PM   #127
elSicomoro

UT, depends on the situation and whether it's worth it to blow up like that or not.

Mari, the offer is still there.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:31 PM   #128
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx
That's a huge bummer Elspode, I wish the t-shirt guy hadn't been such a fuck up, I didn't get a couple of mine either. But Jim put a lot of work and time into organizing the whole thing, gratis, and the cellar did profit from the endeavor- he did his part and then some.
Undoubtedly he did a fine thing, and I give him full credit for what he did.

I guess I was just pointing out, in a left hand manner, that if I were following the "say anything because you can and might want to" theory that is being discussed, I (and probably others) could have made a big stink, used a lot of foul language, said hurtful things, and generally made fools of ourselves over it.

But we didn't...

We now return you all to your regularly scheduled meaningless Internet drivel.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:53 PM   #129
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
While I always appreciate an opportunity to support The Cellar, I wouldn't cite the T-Shirt effort with a lot of prominence...some of us didn't get one...or two...or four.

And no, I *still* don't want my money back.
yours were there, bub. you said to hold them until your lady's shirts were done (which obviously aint happenin' at this point). Ut probably still has them sitting on top of his china cabinet where I put them.

the post was in response to jag saying that i never make constructive posts. not trying to toot my horn, you know, just sticking up for myself.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:52 AM   #130
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Whatever...none of this means anything, right?
Old 12-03-2004, 04:50 PM   #131
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Working long hours getting ready for the war, a power outage, family obligations and life, have kept me from following this thread.

Thank you, Lord.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:45 PM   #132
triestemoi
Civil Civilian

So much for the slogan of friendly little coffee shop..............
triestemoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 03:05 PM   #133
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
wolf and slang - well, hell, they are always shooting people
No one has ever been able to prove anything.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 03:16 PM   #134
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko

I will gladly take on ANYONE in an honest fight. However, if a board fosters members who can hang around trying to outvie one another in crude language and mindless ill temper then I have no interest in it. You can tell a person by the company they keep - "lumber-asshole-Jim", "turd-sucking TS", "jaded-whore jinx", and sacrilige of sacriliges, "under-handed, balless under-turd". How does it feel, folks? Don't like it? Well, shut up and quit whining or I'll dish out some more. As a matter of fact, I'll dish out some more anyhow, to the accompanying cheers from the mindless bitches in the peanut gallery.
Yep, there sure isn't anything quite like taking the high road, is there ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 04:43 PM   #135
Griff
still says videotape

Thing is, this isn't even an entertaining fight outside of tw's lucky punch. C'mon folks, ratchet it up a notch or quit wasting bandwidth.