The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 12-20-2005, 12:40 PM   #121
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

OK, I need to read whole threads to see where they have drifted off to before posting. Yipes. Sorry.

Good Luck BigV!! The unknown scares the hell out of most of us. I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said better, so I'm crossing my virtual fingers till good news is heard.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:00 PM   #122
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV
...and yet I can't get this on paper!!!
I'm with you, BigV. I've got the resume done, I'm in need of a simple cover letter -- somehow, I just can't get it done!
Old 12-20-2005, 02:01 PM   #123
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

It. Is. Done.

Not only is the resume, cover letter, application and email done, I have already received a kind *personal* reply in acknowledgement of my resume. :swoons:

God, I can breathe again.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:55 PM   #124
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

No sweat, you'll have a pair of goats by spring.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:07 PM   #125
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

How many candles do you want me to light, BigV?

Hint: Put cinnamon in your shoes before you go for the interview. As you drive there on the big day, visualize yourself being offered the job. You're as good as hired, big guy.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:25 PM   #126
marichiko

When it comes to the interview, BigV. just remember, you are interviewing THEM! "Let's see is the outfit worthy enough to acquire my services?" Oh, and if they ask you that crap about what your greatest weakness is, answer them with a STRENGTH! Like, "Probably my greatess weakness is my drive toward perfection. I find myself putting in long hours to see that my work is done well. I get annoyed with myself sometimes that I can't just let something slide, but it is important to me to get the job done right!" You know, stuff like that. Or you could always say, "I sir, am an ass" and then quote Dogberry's lines from Much ado about Nothing!

Imagine the sorts of questions you would ask a potential employee, and have well thought out answers for them. Be prepared for the uncomfortable question of "Why did you leave your last job?" You may even want to take the bull by the horns and bring it up before they can. "Company Blech is simply uninterested in new technology and innovation. I felt that my career was suffering as a result. I am aware of the great things you are doing here at Company Wonderful and feel that I can make a worthwhile contribution to your goals here, as well as my own." Or whatever. You get the idea, I'm sure.

Good luck! And don't forget the cinnamon!

Last edited by marichiko; 12-20-2005 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:07 AM   #127
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

My :

Be yourself.

You rock, are articulate and kick ass every way till Sunday. That will show thru face to face. Unless this is the first interview the interviewer had ever done, they will see thru the BS and write you off as a fake if you try to be something you are not for the sake of trying to impress.

So far, I have yet to be fired *knocks on wood* so I really don't know how to handle that part of the interview, but if it were me, I'd be honest. "I gave the job away, learned lessons X Y and Z, and won't do it again."

We're all rooting for you, and you know it. Kick ass!!

Oh, and if you don't get interviews right off the bat, don't fret too much (I know, easy for me to say, who's not eating ramen and saltines for dinner) a lot of places have to post jobs even though they already have someone internally that they planned on putting in that position. Keep at it, and post here to help let the steam and nervousness out.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:16 AM   #128
mrnoodle
bent

Having spoken with BigV outside of the cellar, I can vouch for his wit, charm, and ability to articulate his thoughts clearly on the fly. Don't let his handwringing fool you, he'll have a job offer before February rolls around. March at the latest.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:26 AM   #129
staceyv
Lecturer

Um, am I still allowed to post about miscellaneous problems I have which make me in need of generic support?
Because I do have some stuff that's bugging the CRAP out of me, but I don't want to take the support and attention away from BigV, who probably needs it more trhan me...

I don't know. I'm kind of drunk right now and contemplating going to the store for some cheese. I would like to talk if anyone wants to listen, though
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 01:41 AM   #130
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyv
I'm kind of drunk right now and contemplating going to the store for some cheese.
Uhhhh... Only if the store is walking distance

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:53 AM   #131
staceyv
Lecturer

Don't worry, I found some in the freezer
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:27 PM   #132
HUMBUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Screaming at a sick puppy is wrong. Screaming at a healthy puppy is wrong. Sorry, but it just is.
However, cats are designed to be flattened by trucks.

Old 12-24-2005, 06:44 AM   #133
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Dog people are notoriously feisty and picky when they think you aren't doing the right thing.

So, I wouldn't tell them that you have tired of this dog after a very short time because she is submissive and "goofy" and "homely" and has a few behavior problems... after being shipped literally across the country alone by an unreliable breeder who ripped you off.

I would also not tell them you are trying to get full price return for a puppy you know will never be show quality.

On another topic, I seriously recommend quitting this practice of giving insulting nicknames to those you want to care about and be close to. In the long run, it is an unloving practice and only serves to bring down both you and them. Habitual harshness or bitterness makes one permanently harsh or bitter. Like those dog people at petfinder. Don't be like them.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 06:48 AM   #134
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

If you don't like submissive dogs, please don't be a breeder.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 12:01 PM   #135
HUMBUG

Being a dog lover, and having had quite a few, I find this discussion sort'a depressing.

As you found out, you can't buy them sight-unseen if you're looking for specific attributes. Dogs have emotions & feelings. They develop at different rates. The puppy you have today may not develop into what you expect tomorrow.

So this puppy gets fucked at both ends and you seem to suggest she's too submisive or actually enjoys it. Could be she feels intiminated by being ganged up on. Maybe it eats and sleeps in piss because its the only place she feels safe. Maybe it eats shit because it tastes better than the dog food, or because it thinks you like it. etc, etc, etc. At any rate, its doing these things for reasons that may have nothing to do with whether or not she enjoys it.

Actually I think shipping a puppy across the country in a box like a comodity is criminal. The dog suffers just to satisfy your ego in having a show dog. It's not the dog that's fucked up, it's you. Pretty sick.