The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 03-26-2007, 02:26 PM   #106
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
What a load of crap. Employers do not withhold taxes from their pay if they a re illegal. Where the hell did you get that little ditty??? Are you illegal??? Taxes withheld and then passed on the the government??? You want us to believe that an employer is going to withhold taxes, send them to the govenment so they can tell the govenment that the are employing undocumented workers??!?!?! are you off your rocker. No one is going to do that and no one does it.

Ok lets compromise, 1.8 million go on an guest worker program immediatly and all the rest go home including their families, grandmothers, aunts, uncles, and brothers sisters cousins. That would be fair. And then get their employers to start to pay for their health insurance.
What we did (I grew-up working for a company the used illegals) was worked several illegals, up to ten or twelve, under one fake, sometimes real, SS# and hid most of what we paid them, so only a tenth or less of what we paid them would show and get taxed. Hell, then only half the time.
Health ins. LOL!!!!
I know why it is so bad because I have been in it first hand. If we had to find and pay legal workers decent wages we would have and could have. That we could not have is a lie, it is that simple.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #107
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
I don't want them to become citizens until the do all the things currently required by the system. I want them to be guest workers.
Then TheMercenary wants wacko laws removed so that 1.8 million farm workers can work legally. But that is exactly the opposite of hate posted by TheMercenary previously. Why the sudden change of heart? Is extremism that difficult to maintain? Or maybe TheMercenary wants it both ways?

Meanwhile, this nation has 1.8 million illegal farm workers because it only issues 29,000 visas. Illegal immigration is not the problem. The problem are the same laws that also leave 2 million 'American created' Iraqi refugees with no place to go.

Problem is not the illegals. Problems are laws that people such as TheMercenary want.

Meanwhile what does America do with more immigrants that wacko extremists Americans created. One in five people now in Jordan is an Iraqi refugee. America created them. Instead, our wacko administration dumps our refugees onto other nations. We should be taking in 2 million Iraqis - if a compassionate conservative was not lying.

Last edited by tw; 03-26-2007 at 07:08 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #108
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 14 MILLION, tw?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:05 PM   #109
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
What a load of crap. Employers do not withhold taxes from their pay if they a re illegal. Where the hell did you get that little ditty???
From the IRS, maybe? Look up ITIN on their website. Millions of immigrants have them. Our own government estimates that BILLIONS of dollars are paid in taxes by undocumented immigrants.

Did you get that article you posted from NewsMax.com? That's like me posting an opinion piece from Mother Jones. And excuse me if I don't trust any numbers that come out of the "Federation for American Immigration Reform"--they aren't exactly unbiased.

You're complaining about 'your' tax dollars paying for this and that, but what do you think would pay for all this 'action' you're calling for?

Quote:
They get to send all those earnings home out of the country and out of the economy.
Last I checked, money that any worker earns belongs to him/her, to do with what he/she sees fit. Undocumented immigrants are far from being the only workers who send money out of the country, anyway.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:07 PM   #110
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200704/world-in-numbers
Old 03-27-2007, 05:00 PM   #111
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I don't blame them. They are working with what they got. The only way to solve this is to find a way that will help both of us, which doesn't seem like the kind of answer America is looking for right now.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:53 PM   #112
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
For starters, TheMercenary, you DO know that advocating that the government interfere in business by making the businesses not hire illegal immigrants is the very definition of not-conservative, right?

Make up your mind. Are you conservative or not?
I am NOT a conservative on each and every issue. I will not and I don't think most people are pigeon-holed into this and that. I want the government to hold all businesses that hire illegals collective feet to the fire.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:01 PM   #113
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
I don't blame them. They are working with what they got. The only way to solve this is to find a way that will help both of us, which doesn't seem like the kind of answer America is looking for right now.
I think, generally, America does want that. They just don't rant and rave about it.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:23 PM   #114
tw

In many jurisdictions, employers are required to have SS and other tax information for employees. Phony numbers are necessary to get a job and pay withholding tax. The illegal immigrant never gets that withholding back.

We even had the scandal of undocumented nanny's. Employers who don't withhold money from their employees can be prosecuted which is why government makes so much more money on illegal immigrant workers.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:39 PM   #115
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
In many jurisdictions, employers are required to have SS and other tax information for employees. Phony numbers are necessary to get a job and pay withholding tax. The illegal immigrant never gets that withholding back.
Poor fellas.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #116
tw

Quote:
Poor fellas.
Which is why we must double the numbers of illegal immigrants. Oh. There's 2 million American created refugees. Good. More illegal immigrants. Deficiet solved.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #117
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Which is why we must double the numbers of illegal immigrants.
Can we eat them for food?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:44 AM   #118
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Old 03-28-2007, 06:38 AM   #119
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
He stated he wants it to be 28 million. Maybe he is illegal or hires them for his business. It is cheaper for the business to do so. A huge savings on anyones bottom line.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:25 PM   #120
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
The 1.8 simply demonstrate a similar problem that all 28 million will have because too many of us fear rather than act like Americans.

One in three Silicon Valley companies is founded by Indian and Chinese immigrants. What is their largest problem? Why are so many moving operations out of America where possible? America so hates all immigrants that these companies cannot even obtain correct forms to save their people from immigration agents. Remember, it is the immigrants (legal and illegal) that are both some of America's most productive workers AND the source of most future productive workers. So what do we do now that we promote hate and fear? We even drive out of America the high tech standards conferences, research, etc simply because less productive 'citizens' and an equally dumb president would promote myths and fear.

Problem is not the immigrants - legal and illegal - that so many citizens want to drive out (intentionally or by ignorance). Problem is the citizens so fearful and so full of myths (ie they have come for the welfare) as to undermine America's future.

How to solve America's immigrant problem? Get rid of silly restrictions and make them legal. But then government will have to pay tax refunds. Better to promote hate.

What is a more common reason for immigrants who leave America voluntarily? America is too hard. America demands too much work. The immigrants that leave go back to countries where life is easier. But again, those who *know* using myths will completely ignore this reality.

The illegal immigrant problem is really hate promoted by extremist wings of political parties. As was demonstrated in one mid west state, when illegal immigrants were driven out, that entire part of the state then went into recession. Finally the residents demanded Immigration agents leave – so they could save their economy - rehire illegal immigrants. That history has also been repeated in Europe. Realities that those who promote hate and fear also forget to learn.