Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 09-02-2005, 11:51 AM   #106
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICOTINEGUN
Additionally, some of the stuff you people say makes me laugh my ass off. Lumberjim wrote up a serious little ditti for me and then added "don't forget to eat a dick."
ok. for someone who profeses to be so well educated and smart......that's twice that you've replied to my signature line. do you see the little line down there? everything after it is a signature. if you're not sure, look at another of my posts...it'll be the same.

the razorblades on the thumbs thing is a reference for this hoser that visited for a brief time. take the time to read that thread.

Last edited by lumberjim; 09-02-2005 at 01:11 PM.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:03 PM   #107
seakdivers
Icy Queen

I am not a part of this thread at all, but I wanted to butt in and thank lumberjim for the link to one of the funniest things I have seen on this forum yet!

That "Rich" guy was too much!! lolololol freakin' unbelievable!

Last edited by seakdivers; 09-02-2005 at 04:05 PM. Reason: whoops - word drop
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:19 PM   #108
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

welcome to the cellar seakdivers. Check out Lily if you want to read up on another funny troll.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:31 PM   #109
seakdivers
Icy Queen

Capn - I just did...... where do these people come from? Oh well, they're good for a laugh I guess.
seakdivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:46 PM   #110
marichiko

Quote:
I am profoundly upset with the way things are going in America and it seems the only way to wake people up is to make them mad as hell.
Hey, you know what? You are not alone. Many of us are mad as hell about various things. I have typed through fire storms that I myself mostly created on this board because I was so filled with rage. Take it from one who has been there - rage does not get your message across. It will get everyone else angry, though - at YOU!

Quote:
I am looking for the possibility of creating real solutions to the problems at hand. We need change. We won't have it until enough people get together and do something about it. Obviously, you guys don't feel the same about the immigration problem as I do.
See, as Lookout already pointed out, there's your problem. You are jumping in here cold and making assumptions about our opinions that you simply don't have enough information on to assume anything about. Mistaking Lookout for a Democrat is a whopper. He may hold some views which are congruent with that of the Democratic party, but if so, this is the first I've heard of it. So, voting for social spending, now, Lookout? Save the whales? Say, how about all those spics you keep inviting over the border to come share your home in Phoenix?

NG, if you don't make assumptions about us, chances are most of us will return the favor and not make assumptions about you.

Quote:
As far as citing my sources, I'm not one to make up information and put it out into the ozone for all to read. If I write something that is fiction, you will know by the tone of the piece. I'm not a Hippy by any means. The hippy culture had the right idea with loving people, but soon realized they needed money and the system to survive.
Follow your bliss on the cites thing, NG. I'm a former librarian and college teacher, so I can get a bit prissy that way. I'm sure that every single word you post is God's honest truth as you understand it, but for those of us who were off chasing butterflies or something while the word from on high was handed down, its incredibly helpful to be pointed toward the reliable source from which you derived your opinion.

The hippy thing was not aimed at you, but rather my own little acknowledgement of a nice barb directed at me from Lookout. Yes, I suppose that I must seem like a whiney hippy at times, just as you have come off as a soldier of fortune whacko. I suspect that we each are far more than the sum of the epithets that others throw at us.

Last edited by marichiko; 09-02-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:20 PM   #111
NICOTINEGUN
Resident President

Soooooo, did you see the game last night?

I'm not a troll. Maybe a dwarf, but not a troll. I have hair on my feet like a hobbit, but I'm more dwarfish, maybe husky is the word? I'm a husky dwarf, but not a troll by any means. It's 2 a.m. here. I have duty in 2 hours I couldn't sleep and I'm in the Cellar with you people. So fuck it. Lets get off the topic and start a new one.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:17 PM   #112
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

welcome to the Cellar NG.
Semper Fi.....................
Old 09-02-2005, 11:27 PM   #113
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Lets get off the topic and start a new one.
ThreadHiJackMan is out today due to a lack of gas to run his Vespa.

So....

Might I suggest that instead of spending so much time arguing here in CE or the Politics sexshun, that you submit more of your creative works, assuming that you have more.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:39 PM   #114
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I dont know if this was posted yet...

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...obbs0828.html#

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:00 PM   #115
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

I regret having to bring this thread up again, but one of the people covering Katrina cleanup efforts showed film of busloads of hispanic immigrants being BROUGHT IN from North Carolina by one retailer, to clean up his facilities! If this is not the absolute utmost, preposterous, non-PC joke yet! 68,000 people out of work in the area so he imports immigrants.

If interviewed, would he have said, as did Mexican President Vicente Fox, that this is work that he can't even find blacks who would take it?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:08 PM   #116
warch
lurkin old school

Well, they are paying below the prevailing wage....
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:55 PM   #117
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Yeah, Bush suspended the Davis-Bacon Act.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:46 PM   #118
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Illegally, apparently.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:36 PM   #119
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonchi
... one of the people covering Katrina cleanup efforts showed film of busloads of hispanic immigrants being BROUGHT IN from North Carolina by one retailer, to clean up his facilities! ... 68,000 people out of work in the area so he imports immigrants.
The underlying political agenda implied in this and so many previous posts is why I have less respect for extremist Democrats and Republicans. If the logic behind this post was correct, then FEMA should never have brought in their own people. Instead FEMA should have employeed the displaced locals.

No job can be performed without training. Even unskilled labor requires training to what must be cleaned in a store, how cleaning is done, with what, and how each person works within the team. Do I go around seeking the original workers in LA and MS who are long gone, scattered, cannot be contacted, etc? Of course not. For the benefit of society in MS and LA, my store must be cleaned and operating yesterday. I bring in organized, equipped, ready, and willing to work people from NC who already know how to clean my stores. I get them in. I support them. I get my store cleaned and working. And then I get my employees home to NC.

That picture, misrepresented as people stealing jobs, is instead how a centrist does things - how someone who 'comes from where the work gets done' solves the Katrina disaster. And not by throwing money at it like George Jr. proposed in his last speech.

Notice a #1 point here. Management with a plan. Notice there is no throwing money at a problem. Money is used here as a scapel - get people in who can do the job, provide people who are properly equipped, get the job done, and then get them back home. Nothing from any Democratic or Republican political agenda should ever appear in this 'can do' solution.

Meanwhile, to mention immigration and border problems in this 'can do' solution is nothing more than political extremist rhetoric. For example, any discussion about drug smuggling without first endorsing the realities even expressed in the movie "Traffic" is simply another example of why political agendas (not the drug dealers) are the #1 problem. Even the immigration problem is directly traceable to those who refuse to admit why immigrants must come here - legally or illegally.

All of which is irrelevant to what that store needs done now to advance mankind in LA and MS. Those pictures, when put into proper perspective, demonstrate what 'can do' people, unimpeded by FEMA lawyer top management, do to help the victims in LA and MS.

Sorry. I have no respect for the Democratic and Republican extremist rhetoric - reasoning justified by political agendas - that underlies some previous posts in this thread.

Last edited by tw; 09-18-2005 at 04:38 PM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:50 PM   #120
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Even the immigration problem is directly traceable to those who refuse to admit why immigrants must come here - legally or illegally.
Why must they come here.