The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 04-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #106
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
You really should be careful what info you put out on the internet.

Found via Google:
V S Mcgilvry, (719) 685-9385, 124 Cave Ave, Manitou Springs, CO 80829
I know several people whose phone accounts are not in their names for various reasons, usually financial.

Of course, since the Internet is infallibly accurate...
Old 05-01-2006, 09:02 AM   #107
Cheyenne
Operations Operative

you can google me and see if it is accurate. :p

google: Cheyenne Whitefeather, Indian Princess. I am sure it MUST be there
Old 05-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #108
Cheyenne
Operations Operative

oooooooo... I just found a really nice website by googling my name

in-progress.org featuring award winning videos and other artistic media.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #109
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

Cheyenne, you're googling yourself? Feel good?
Old 05-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #110
Pie
Gone and done

Um... well, I got to this thread late, but I'm glad Mari is un-banned. We're all drama queens, we all go over the top. Some more regularly than others.

LJ, here's a hint: take everything said on that thar Interweb with a grain of salt. Perhaps I'm an overweight geek chick who just got back from England, and perhaps not. Does it matter? If I bring something to the discussion occasionally, and am not outrageously abusive, isn't that good enough? If you really want The Truth about us all, you came to the wrong place.

As an example, I kinda liked Gwinnie!/RS's evolution. It was interesting to watch from the sideline -- and no, I didn't feel like I had been "tricked" in some way. S/he had no obligation to me, except to respect my rights as a poster.

I'l probably regret saying this <better judgement>so don't say it!</better judegement> but you seem to stomp on that principle more often than the people you target, LJ.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:32 PM   #111
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Actually, I seem to have a pretty bad habit of being overly *honest* here on The Cellar. I should probably watch out for that habit.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #112
mrnoodle
bent

Wow. I just read all this banning stuff for the first time.

Just.

Wow.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:40 PM   #113
Cheyenne
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Actually, I seem to have a pretty bad habit of being overly *honest* here on The Cellar. I should probably watch out for that habit.

before you change EL, can we know if the antlers stay on during hot animal sex?
Old 05-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #114
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie
Does it matter?
It was asked in another thread "Is it real" as in here, in the cellar, are people really who they say they are? Seems that at least a few people find this to be important, and most, if not all, answered in the affirmative. If it's not real, if we are not who we say we are, if people are free to make shit up as they go along, to sound more interesting, to prop up their own ego's, to win arguments - whatever... what is the point? Why are we wasting our time here - have they canceled television or something?

If truth, honesty, integrity, whatever you want to call it, have no value here, if everyone thinks this is all made up, then no one believes anyone about anything. I think we're seeing a bit of that now, like with Bruce for example.

Marichiko has a habit of telling stories that are not water tight, they leave room for doubt. That can't be said of everyone here, which is why I imagine not everyone is questioned like she is - or maybe it's becuase she's the only female here, I don't know for sure. But in my experience, when engaged in a debate, marichiko defaults to using a personal example to support whatever claim she has made, one which is often highly questionable.
For example; the Clarity Rose thread. Marichiko was questioned about the process for obtaining a housing voucher, and questioned about the lack of housing available. A link to what appeared to be exactly what marichiko said didn't exist was offered. She claimed to have personally visited the home in that link (chosen at random from hundreds in the state of CO) just the week before - and went on to claim that the homes listed on web sites like the one offered were actually never available (the web site obviously being maintained just to fuck with people).
Another example is in a thread about Walmart, mari claims that she was cheated out of benefits by a dept. store where she worked. When questioned about the obligation to pay benefits, to provide a link showing that benefits are a [federal] requirement for full time employment- her response? "Find your own link, sorry, I speak from experience" Hmm, yeah, that's a satisfying debate, but then, I suppose I was kicking her wheelchair by even asking about it. Well, I did find my own link. What was mari's reaction to finding out she wasn't cheated and her personal experience was not accurately conveyed? " Whatever. Believe what you want. Its nothing to me."

Indeed. It is something to some of us though.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #115
Cheyenne
Operations Operative

I am a millionaire.

My name is GOD.

I am a virgin and have 3 children.

take it with a grain of salt. don't lose sleep over it. get over it.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:56 PM   #116
Cheyenne
Operations Operative

Would anyone believe i lost my job and was turned down unemployment?

Would anyone believe i had an operation and was on state disability and was refused payment?

These are both true. Do I owe any of you a furthur explanation as to why these statements are true? NO!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #117
Cheyenne
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBsjb
Cheyenne, you're googling yourself? Feel good?
Yes it feels wonderful! *googles self* ahhhhhh....yesssss.....
Old 05-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #118
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

couldn't that all have been one post? o never mind.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:13 PM   #119
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx
If it's not real, if we are not who we say we are, if people are free to make shit up as they go along, to sound more interesting, to prop up their own ego's, to win arguments - whatever... what is the point? Why are we wasting our time here - have they canceled television or something?
Because it's more interesting than work. Because I find personalities here (real or imaginary) that are challenging, entertaining, supportive or amusing.

Quote:
If truth, honesty, integrity, whatever you want to call it, have no value here, if everyone thinks this is all made up, then no one believes anyone about anything.
Truth certainly has value. It's just not the same value for each person. I personally try not to exaggerate because I find it distasteful. But I'm sure not everyone feels the same way. YMMV.

Quote:
Marichiko has a habit of telling stories that are not water tight, they leave room for doubt. ... But in my experience, when engaged in a debate, marichiko defaults to using a personal example to support whatever claim she has made, one which is often highly questionable. [...examples...] Indeed. It is something to some of us though.
So, she's either a terrible debater or a bullshitter. (Not a liar -- read On Bullshit by Harry G. Frankfurt for an explanation of the difference.)

Well, here's my talking points:
1.) Most people probably do take liberty with the truth, either intentionally or as a result of sloppiness.
2.) Either we hire an army of CIA polygraph experts to throw the weasels out, or we get over it.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:30 PM   #120
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy
couldn't that all have been one post?
Not in a million years.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote