The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-08-2006, 01:13 PM   #106
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyVixen
I've been on both sides of the street and have tested the grass on both sides...
Is there something you're trying to tell us? :-)

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:25 PM   #107
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

June Lockhart? Wasn't she Beaver Cleaver's mom?
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #108
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieL
Is there something you're trying to tell us? :-)
Perhaps she is merely alluding to the fact that she's tried both home-grown and exotic? Why are you constantly thinking about sex, Maggie?
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #109
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas
I liked her better as the mom in the excellent series LOST IN SPACE. Best show ever.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 05-08-2006, 01:49 PM   #110
MaggieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDallas
Barbra Billingsly...who also spoke jive to powah in Airplane.

IMDB is your friend...

Old 05-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #111
MaggieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
Why are you constantly thinking about sex, Maggie?
Who said anything about sex? :-)

I don't think about it constantly...if I thought about it more I might do it less. I think about it efficiently.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #112
MaggieL

Quote:
I liked her better as the mom in the excellent series LOST IN SPACE. Best show ever.
Too many technical holes in Lost in Space...it looked so feeble next to ST:TOS.

However the second season theme music kicked ass...It kicked so much ass that Apollo 440 did a cover for the movie.

The movie was cool.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:59 PM   #113
KinkyVixen
Marching In!

Talking

Quote:
Perhaps she is merely alluding to the fact that she's tried both home-grown and exotic? Why are you constantly thinking about sex, Maggie?

LOL...no, there wasn't anything to read between the lines on that one. Although I wouldn't mind saying that I've had my fair share of trying a lot of things...whether it's been about sex or otherwise. You can decipher it to mean whatever you want Home grown or exotic, it's all the same it still gets the job done.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:01 PM   #114
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

MaggieL you're a (high)technical snob.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #115
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Single To Left Field!

Gosh, compaitbility is such a strange thing for me. I've found myself with very different people but was still able to be compatible; and I mean VERY different people. And it was not as if I made myself conform to them, I just figured I could never change them and them me. So why stay involved? Why call it off? Good questions. I just don't think the "perfect" woman is out there, so when I see a chance to get closer to one I've met, I give it a shot. I think most relationships have a "shelf life," much like a box of Triscuits, or a dozen eggs. It's like a bell curve diagram. They run a cycle. Knowing how and when to "move on" is the tricky part. I've had 8 committed relationships in my 43 years, and the quickest start to finish was 1 year (and that's because she died). The others ranged from 3 to 11 years.

Sex is indeed another aspect that can not be reduced to a mere physical act, at least for me. And there's probably an evolutionary reason for that. I don't know. The last girlfriend I had was from Brazil. We were together for 4 years. It was a LAT relationship (Live Apart Together). I spent lots of money on travel, but we had lots of fun (and yes, nice sex). She said that if I moved to Sao Paulo, she would still like us to have our own places, and that actually seemed reasonable. I could not move down there for financial reasons (school loans, career, etc.), so we became "just friends," which is not a bad thing. Better than angry and/or sad former "lovers." I'm not a big believer in love anyway. That sounds cold, but I'm a determinist and a materialist, so I have to be honest (at least from now on; I did say "Eu amo voce to my Brazilian girlfriend).

Thanks for chiming in, KV.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #116
MaggieL

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
MaggieL you're a (high)technical snob.
Guilty as charged. At least when TOS played fast-and-loose with physics, they invented a semi-plausible excuse. Of course, Treknology became an art-form during TNG...to the point where it became tedious:*everything* involved tachyons in some way, and any problem could be solved by varying the phase or frequency of something.
But I grew up reading Heinlein, and have just finished Varley's "Red Thunder" and "Red Lightning", worthy successors they are.

I've got good things to say about Lois McMaster Bujold's Vorkosigan series, and I've already held forth in another thread about Honor Harrington.

Last night I loaded a Lighwave 3D model of Serenity into Blender...we do have fun at our house. :-)

Last edited by MaggieL; 05-08-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #117
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

Quote:
Peanut butter vs. lanolin as lube?
peanut butter as lube? now theres an idea. "nutted for her pleasure"

replace lassie with a kangaroo and you have skippy
Old 05-09-2006, 12:23 AM   #118
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Don't use extra chunky.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:40 AM   #119
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Too many technical holes in Lost in Space...it looked so feeble next to ST:TOS.
That may very well be, but I didn't watch it for the techie stuff. I watched it because I was keenly interested in the Dr. Smith/Robot dynamic. I did have questions about Dr. Smith: How did someone so pathologically lazy get to become a doctor? As Dr. Smith was the cause of nearly all of the Robinson Family problems, why didn't they just let his sorry ass get eaten by a space monster? Is is conceivable that Dr. Smith was addicted to painkillers? (reference his near constant lament, "Oh! The pain! The pain!") Why was cute, spunky young Will Robinson always, always paired up with Dr. Smith? This was a recipe for disaster, yet, they always put those two together. And, who had to bail them out? Yes, the Robot! A most excellent character. He was intelligent, witty, urbane, well-mannered and kind of handsome. I think I had a crush on him.

PS I wanted to use the OTHER alien face that we have in our smilie repertroie but this one comes up instead. The OTHER alien is better suited for a monster-type alien. Not that I'm saying all aliens are monsters...

—James Barrie

Old 05-09-2006, 11:04 AM   #120
Pangloss62
Lecturer

Robbie Rules

Robbie could kick the tin ass of that LIS robot!!!