The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 06-02-2004, 11:34 AM   #106
Griff
still says videotape

Ah, got ya. I've been "listed" before so we may just be talking to ourselves anyway. What were we talking about?
Old 06-02-2004, 11:35 AM   #107
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar

It's better that way though. The average intelligence of conversations has increased 10 fold thanks to the omission of posts by those who truly have nothing of value to offer any conversation. (Jaguar, Marichko, Sycamore, Lady Sidhe, etc.)

Ooooh, I'm so excited! I made the cellar "A" team! Give me 5, Jag! Give me 5, Sycamore! You, too, Lady Sidhe, what the heck? You, too, "etc"., (and don't think we don't all know who you are!) This is the best news I've had all morning! It also means that never again will I have to read one of Radar's stupid responses to something I post. What a relief! Guess the big guy just couldn't stand the heat, so instead of getting out of the kitchen, he now wears an abestos suit and plugs his ears to things he doesn't like hearing. What a loss of credibility (not that he had a shred to begin with), and as usual done by his own hand. Yes! Yes! YES! (Does a war dance around the living room.) A toast to all my fellow "censored by Radar" celler members!

PS The best part is that while he won't be able to read what I post, I can still read what HE posts and make fun of him. Its like having my very own star wars cloaking shield. I can poke fun at him and he won't know what the other two people he didn't censor are laughing about! Oh my, this a great bit of humor to start my day off with. Will someone whom he doesn't censor please pass along to him my heartfelt thanks?

Last edited by marichiko; 06-02-2004 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:43 AM   #108
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Sidhe
I was referring to the fact that he felt the need to name names. I'm pretty sure it was intended as a poke at the people he named.
I was pretty amused at being left off the list ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:45 AM   #109
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally posted by Carbonated_Brains
Troubleshooter - the arshole bit.

But that's just my opinion.
Then you should reconsider how you choose to insult people.

Attack her arguments all you want, save the ad hominum for somewhere else.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:47 AM   #110
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Man it's strange reading these boards these days. I only get a few posts with actual content. The rest are blocked because I've put the truly ignorant people on my ignore list. Sometimes entire threads are filled with nothing but the message I get when someone is on the iggy list.

It's better that way though. The average intelligence of conversations has increased 10 fold thanks to the omission of posts by those who truly have nothing of value to offer any conversation. (Jaguar, Marichko, Sycamore, Lady Sidhe, etc.)
How about posting a comprehensive list of everyone on your ignore list?

I'm a little curious.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:49 AM   #111
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

You're not on the list griff. It's tough to qualify for my list. You've got to fit into one or more of the following categories.

1. Stupid beyond words
2. Purposely ignorant (avoid the truth at all costs)
3. Openly Support Racism (affirmative action, groups like the KKK, etc.)
4. Offer nothing constructive to any conversation
5. Religious Zealot
6. Literally Insane and in need of professional help
7. An asshole with no redeeming qualities
8. Deny facts or in some cases reality itself
9. Justify theft, murder, treason, terrorism, etc and call it humanitarianism.

I'm sure those on my list are probably stupid enough to be proud to be on it but I could care less. They've proven many times over that they have nothing intelligent, logical, reasonable, or worthwhile to add to any conversation on any topic. They can have their own little retarded party where they pat each other on the back and jerk each other off and it's all good with me because I won't have to see it.

I've spent a long time on this list and given these people every opportunity to show that they have even the slightest bit of anything resembling intelligence and they've proven over and over that they have nothing to offer but stupidity. Why waste my time on their ignorance when I can have rational and intelligent discussions with others. There are many offensive people who have not made it to my list yet because the jury is still out on them, but for those I mentioned and a few I didn't there is no doubt what-so-ever that they will never offer anything above the intelligence level of a bag of hammers.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #112
marichiko

Quote:
You're not on the list griff. It's tough to qualify for my list. You've got to fit into one or more of the following categories.

1. Stupid beyond words
2. Purposely ignorant (avoid the truth at all costs)
3. Openly Support Racism (affirmative action, groups like the KKK, etc.)
4. Offer nothing constructive to any conversation
5. Religious Zealot
6. Literally Insane and in need of professional help
7. An asshole with no redeeming qualities
8. Deny facts or in some cases reality itself
9. Justify theft, murder, treason, terrorism, etc and call it humanitarianism.

I'm sure those on my list are probably stupid enough to be proud to be on it but I could care less. They've proven many times over that they have nothing intelligent, logical, reasonable, or worthwhile to add to any conversation on any topic. They can have their own little retarded party where they pat each other on the back and jerk each other off and it's all good with me because I won't have to see it.

I've spent a long time on this list and given these people every opportunity to show that they have even the slightest bit of anything resembling intelligence and they've proven over and over that they have nothing to offer but stupidity. Why waste my time on their ignorance when I can have rational and intelligent discussions with others. There are many offensive people who have not made it to my list yet because the jury is still out on them, but for those I mentioned and a few I didn't there is no doubt what-so-ever that they will never offer anything above the intelligence level of a bag of hammers.

Oh, my, is the man psychic or what? I think he's peeking, that's what I think. YES! I AM MORE POWERFUL THAN A BAG OF HAMMERS - my new tag line!
Old 06-02-2004, 12:03 PM   #113
jaguar
whig

Can I join the war dance? =D

I always like bag of hair but bag of hammers has some merit I must admit.
If we're in a circle jerk Radar must be jerking himself off
Old 06-02-2004, 12:05 PM   #114
marichiko

Quote:
Originally posted by jaguar
Can I join the war dance? =D

I always like bag of hair but bag of hammers has some merit I must admit.
Yes, my friend! Give some big Indian war whoops and rattle their teeth over there in Switzerland!
Old 06-02-2004, 12:08 PM   #115
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Looking at the scorecard, radar is 7 for 9 himself ...

8 for 9 if you consider his constitutional interpretations as "religious zealotry".

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 06-02-2004, 12:10 PM   #116
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I can see by the flurry of posts marked "This person is on your Ignore List." I must have touched a nerve. Either that or they're saying totally predictable things to congratulate each other or to suggest other names to be added. Whatever. Let them stroke each other.

Now, back to the topic at hand and how only voluntarily funded services are legitimate and all government funded services amount to robbery and slavery....

Hopefully we'll have a few intelligent people to discuss this and who won't waste their time on those who should be on everyone's iggy list.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:10 PM   #117
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

I'm zero for 9 wolf. You need to work on your math skills.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:11 PM   #118
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Quote:
Originally posted by marichiko

Ooooh, I'm so excited! I made the cellar "A" team! Give me 5, Jag! Give me 5, Sycamore! You, too, Lady Sidhe, what the heck? You, too, "etc"., (and don't think we don't all know who you are!) This is the best news I've had all morning! It also means that never again will I have to read one of Radar's stupid responses to something I post. What a relief! Guess the big guy just couldn't stand the heat, so instead of getting out of the kitchen, he now wears an abestos suit and plugs his ears to things he doesn't like hearing. What a loss of credibility (not that he had a shred to begin with), and as usual done by his own hand. Yes! Yes! YES! (Does a war dance around the living room.) A toast to all my fellow "censored by Radar" celler members!

PS The best part is that while he won't be able to read what I post, I can still read what HE posts and make fun of him. Its like having my very own star wars cloaking shield. I can poke fun at him and he won't know what the other two people he didn't censor are laughing about! Oh my, this a great bit of humor to start my day off with. Will someone whom he doesn't censor please pass along to him my heartfelt thanks?

High-five's ya.

Considering he can't prove half of what he considers reasons for inclusion into his list.....

edits to include the happy dance...

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Last edited by Lady Sidhe; 06-02-2004 at 12:15 PM.
Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:14 PM   #119
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Ok...I vote to sterillize Radical Radar....

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:16 PM   #120
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Now, back to the topic at hand and how only voluntarily funded services are legitimate and all government funded services amount to robbery and slavery....
As it happens I do agree with you in principle on this, although I don't think that the current social support network in this country would be able to provide adequate care to all in need. I DO think that there are a lot of abuses of the welfare and disability systems, however. There is a BIG difference between someone on disability because they are mentally retarded or severely mentally ill and need custodial care and someone whose disability is alcohol or drug use.

Substance abuse is NOT a disease, it's a decision, and I shouldn't have to pay for the consequences of someone else's stupidity.

(incidentally, by taking such a position, I'm cutting off my own nose to spite my face, because treating those worthless drug users on the county, state, and federal dime pays my salary. I'm guessing only about 1/4 of the people I see have private insurance coverage, the rest are uninsured or have medical assistance. I'll have to try to get a copy of our annual report. Those percentages used to be in there.)

Last edited by wolf; 06-02-2004 at 12:18 PM.