The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 04-29-2006, 10:30 PM   #91
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha
Thank you Limey. That leaves Ducksnuts as the traitor. I am simply stunned that she could post about what happened on that support board. What a betrayal on HER part. If I find out who she is I will report her to the mods of the other board.
Slow down and actually read what I wrote Mari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
That said, another forum I am a member of has a Mari character and she seems to LOVE the conflict....thrives on it. I dont know Mari well enough to know this is correct, but it did seem that way
No mention of anything that happened on any of your other forums.

I meant, and I am sure most people would of read that as me referring to another character who appeared to have the same characteristics as you have displayed in the short time I have been here.

I dont know you from any other forum.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:32 PM   #92
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

he didn't say when
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:49 PM   #93
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
hey, if you feel froggy, leap, xo.

state your case. come out and say what's on your mind. what's with all the innuendo and subtlety?
I don't see any innuendo or subtlety.
Tony open with a post that said nothing except here it is. You posted first, but there's no way to tell the time span, now. He set it up and you spiked it ......the posts I quoted show that.

Wasn't the speaker-check fiasco posted when you first arrived down the coal chute? You know, Cellar, coal chute?
Old 04-29-2006, 11:04 PM   #94
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
I don't see any innuendo or subtlety.
Tony open with a post that said nothing except here it is. You posted first, but there's no way to tell the time span, now. He set it up and you spiked it ......the posts I quoted show that.

Wasn't the speaker-check fiasco posted when you first arrived down the coal chute? You know, Cellar, coal chute?
well, first you have to read this thread.

UT, could we change it back to showing the date and time?

and it seemed to me that you were referring to a 'descent into darkness' which carried a certain judgement of my line of work.....like the fisrt step down the path to the dark side. you know, coal chute, darkness?

glad you cleared that up for me. so, yeah, i posted that when i first came on here.....what does that have to do with this???
and why the sarcastic barb about my long sought victory? you never call bullshit on anyone? you don't agree with my opinions about her? what?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:33 PM   #95
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

There was a great deal of upset in rk's smoking thread so I created another thread for discussion purposes. I wanted to discuss it too.

I'm outta here for a while, even an admin needs a break now and again. Can't seem to get one any other way, I'm chock full of mistakes the last few days. See you all in a week or two.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:29 AM   #96
WabUfvot5
Operations Operative

Have a good sojourn UT. I hope calm heads prevail in the end.
WabUfvot5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 02:52 AM   #97
anonymous
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha

I'm not a double or a liar. My name is Monica Wilson. My phone number is 719-685-9385. I live in the town of Manitou Springs, Colorado. I will soon be moving to Mancos, Colorado in a few days. If anyone has any questions, feel free to call me.
You really should be careful what info you put out on the internet.

Found via Google:
V S Mcgilvry, (719) 685-9385, 124 Cave Ave, Manitou Springs, CO 80829
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:03 AM   #98
Ibby
erika

In Mari's defence, V S Mcgilvry could be her landlord or something...

I personally don't know Mari well enough yet to judge. My impression is that she is much like some of the immature drama queens I go to school with, but she has her moments of civility, too. I agree that unbanning is right, for now, until she proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she deserves it. She gets a lot of undeserved flak, in my opinion, but she also generates a lot against herself. Mari, I think you should calm things down and think long and hard about how your posts will be taken before you post. lumberjim and everyone else who rags on Mari regularly, back off a little. This isn't the schoolyard and we aren't a bunch of fifth graders trying to prove how badass we are. Are we? Some people (coughjordoncough) piss me off to no end (well, pissed, cause he doesnt seem to be around any more), but I was never any less than civil (at least, I hope I wasn't less than civil). Mari has a persecution complex, I think, but LJ and Co. should lay off a bit too.
Ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:15 AM   #99
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

I think that if this place is making someone so angry that have to act this way - and reading through the posts it was some pretty angsty, frusterating chit chat - then the individuals time would be better (and healthier) spent elsewhere.

im not for, nor against the ban but i do believe that this place should not be taken for granted and should be respected.. and so should UT and anyone else here for that matter.

there is no point getting so worked up about issues (and on the internet to top it off!) so much so that you need to make scary big red posts, or insult people - it just makes it very unplesant for others to come here and just read banter and frusteration.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:59 AM   #100
SteveBsjb
Operations Operative

I hate when people say they're leaving for a while and don't leave. It's like they're just posting that to be noticed and talk about it for as long as possible. Talk about attention-deprived.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:19 AM   #101
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous
You really should be careful what info you put out on the internet.

Found via Google:
V S Mcgilvry, (719) 685-9385, 124 Cave Ave, Manitou Springs, CO 80829
That's the person who had that number before me. As we all should know, the Internet is not always up to date on phone numbers. If you look it up in the QWEST phone directory, you'll see Monica Wilson at that number and I live on Elk Path. In fact a couple of people from this board have called me at that number.

I apologize to UT for losing my temper and posting in big red letters. That was out of line on my part. I'll be going away for a while now myself.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #102
Cheyenne
Operations Operative

BOO!!!

i bet ya'all just pissed yourselves! *hands out Senior diapers*

Old 04-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #103
rkzenrage

Well, it's too late now!
Old 04-30-2006, 11:48 AM   #104
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
well, first you have to read this thread.
That link's dead but I assume you mean the "Tobacco - Cigar, Pipe, and all else you like" thread or the 'Why am I constantly eating?" Thread. I've read both.
Quote:
UT, could we change it back to showing the date and time?

and it seemed to me that you were referring to a 'descent into darkness' which carried a certain judgement of my line of work.....like the fisrt step down the path to the dark side. you know, coal chute, darkness?
There is nothing wrong with your line of work. I have no reason to believe you don't perform it competently or honestly.
Quote:
glad you cleared that up for me. so, yeah, i posted that when i first came on here.....what does that have to do with this???
Just a reminder that we all do stupid shit. Being older than you or Mari, I'd bet I've done more stupid shit than either of you so I'm not throwing stones.
Quote:
and why the sarcastic barb about my long sought victory? you never call bullshit on anyone? you don't agree with my opinions about her? what?
You've attacked her and threatening to drive her off the board, when you've been here, except in the political threads, from the git-go. Arguing positions and ideas is expected, but personal attacks are a different thing, entirely. It's bullying.
No, I don't agree with you. I've stated my views here.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:30 PM   #105
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
There was a great deal of upset in rk's smoking thread so I created another thread for discussion purposes. I wanted to discuss it too.

I'm outta here for a while, even an admin needs a break now and again. Can't seem to get one any other way, I'm chock full of mistakes the last few days. See you all in a week or two.
I'm not questioning the reasons or validity of your starting that thread. The way it worked out was, you set it up and LJ attacked, so I told him if he wanted to fuck me, as he said, maybe he could get you to do it again.

You own the board which gives you the honor & privilege of doing a shitload of work, make hundreds of decisions, pay the bills and occasionally feel smug in return for babysitting the board all night.

Do you make mistakes as the Admin? Probably, considering you're human, but I don't see them. Remember, for most of your decisions we never know the coulda, shoulda, woulda, so don't be so tough on yourself.

That said, you have another hat.
As an active member of the board you make posts. Those posts reflect your views, opinions, experience, knowledge and biases, just like every other poster.

It's a shame that a lot of people (not TW)can't recognize which hat you're wearing and defer to your admin position, rather than debate. It puts you in a position (with some people)where you're not always right, but never wrong. That sucks, because it's no fun for you and with all you put into this board you deserve to have fun here.