FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 03-25-2007, 12:08 PM   #91
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45
I believe that any illegals that we have in prison should be deported
Please tell me you are only referring to the ones who are in prison simply for being here illegally (of which there are very few, we don't have the resources to just hold onto them like that.)

"Okay, Jose AggravatedRobbery, instead of serving your 25 year sentence, we're going to free you and--dun dun DUN--deport you! Now don't come back, and we really mean it this time. And for really reals don't come back and try to commit any crimes again."
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:13 PM   #92
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Please tell me you are only referring to the ones who are in prison simply for being here illegally (of which there are very few, we don't have the resources to just hold onto them like that.)

"Okay, Jose AggravatedRobbery, instead of serving your 25 year sentence, we're going to free you and--dun dun DUN--deport you! Now don't come back, and we really mean it this time. And for really reals don't come back and try to commit any crimes again."
No, I mean transfer the violent felons directly to their capitol cities. Put them on a plane fly them down and drop them off. If their cops want to meet and put them in their prisons, if not put them back on THEIR streets and off of our tax burden. Do you know what this country could do for it's people with 10 billion more dollars??? We could fix Social Security, we could assist the states with their programs for the under insured, the list is endless.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #93
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
A study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform estimated that in 2004 the annual uncompensated cost of medical care for illegal immigrants in California was $1.4 billion. Total uncompensated educational, health care and incarceration costs were estimated to be 10.5 billion.

Care is frequently provided to illegal immigrants by emergency rooms and is provided when a crisis exists rather than as preventive practice. Both phenomena add to the high cost of health care.
I've posted about this several times ... including the recent verbiage from the back of a fake social security card ... with which, incidentally, the illegal in question used to successfully apply for medical assistance benefits, which were cancelled once his status was discovered. Just for this guy's treatment alone ... 11 days on the first admission (not including the costs of his having bitten off a chunk of the thumb of one of my coworkers, as well as the costs of medical treatment for the patient), then he was readmitted for attacking his family and stayed with us for another 8 days. 19 days of treatment at $1,000 day that will not be covered by any insurance or by the county which funds treatment for the indigent mentally ill. I don't expect him to show back up with $19K in a greasy paper bag, either. I have no doubt that he'll be back, and he's also not the only person we see without a genuine Cartas Verdes. This is part of why we won't be getting raises this year. Again.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #94
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Could this be why medical costs are climbing twice as fast as anything else?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #95
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Could this be why medical costs are climbing twice as fast as anything else?
I would consider it a contributing factor, among other things.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:19 AM   #96
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

How does everyone know TheMercenary is posting lies? He cannot even touch a damning number. His solution: ignore those realities.
Quote:
Then we provide something that extremists never bother to provide - the numbers. America needs 1.8 million immigrants to work the farms. America only issues 29,000 permits to do the work of 1.8 million. Therefore we must let the crops rot. Funny how once we include numbers, well TheMercenary advocated the destruction of American farming.
Hold TheMercenary's feet to that fire and he will run. He has to. 1.8 million are necessary; cannot be found elsewhere - unless we take in the 2 million Iraqi refugees that America created. But again TheMercenary let slip his fears and hate of others. Those 2 million Iraqi refugees are also evil. We must keep them out of America – as we did with so many Vietnamese boat people.

Crops rotting because TheMercenary advocates wacko extremists laws rather then fix a problem. 29,000 permits when 1.8 million are needed means one who fears anyone of a different color, race, or religion must protect those wacko extremist restrictions.

Why do we have an immigration problem? Notice how TheMercenary will do anything to avoid reality - America desperately needs those 1.8 million workers. People who pay taxes (withheld in their pay) and never get a refund because they are immigrants - therefore enrich governments. Just another fact that TheMercenary forgets to mention. People who mostly avoid all social services for fear of being caught. Just another reason to maintain wacko extremist restrictions; to pervert the rights of 1.8 million necessary workers. Notice how he also forgets to mention that illegal immigrant workers mean even more government funds - not less.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:17 AM   #97
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

How does that explain the 16 million already here, tw? Your numbers say we can send 14 million home and you still won't have to pay more for your precious veggies ...... or is it fruits and nuts?:p

I just noticed the "mostly avoid social services", talk about blatent lies, as the NUMBERS presented in this thread have already proven.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #98
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
People who pay taxes (withheld in their pay) and never get a refund because they are immigrants - therefore enrich governments.
Come on, you really think that a million migrant workers are all using fake Social Security numbers instead of just getting paid in cash? A very small number of illegals have proper paychecks and have taxes withheld (under someone else's valid SSN--which, incidentally, doesn't mean the government gets the money for free, it just means someone else gets the credit and the extra refund); the vast majority are paid in cash.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #99
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
How does that explain the 16 million already here, tw? Your numbers say we can send 14 million home and you still won't have to pay more for your precious veggies ...... or is it fruits and nuts?:p

I just noticed the "mostly avoid social services", talk about blatent lies, as the NUMBERS presented in this thread have already proven.
He is talking out his ass Bruce. Ignore him, he has no plan.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:54 AM   #100
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
How does everyone know TheMercenary is posting lies? He cannot even touch a damning number. His solution: ignore those realities. Hold TheMercenary's feet to that fire and he will run. He has to. 1.8 million are necessary; cannot be found elsewhere - unless we take in the 2 million Iraqi refugees that America created. But again TheMercenary let slip his fears and hate of others. Those 2 million Iraqi refugees are also evil. We must keep them out of America – as we did with so many Vietnamese boat people.

Crops rotting because TheMercenary advocates wacko extremists laws rather then fix a problem. 29,000 permits when 1.8 million are needed means one who fears anyone of a different color, race, or religion must protect those wacko extremist restrictions.

Why do we have an immigration problem? Notice how TheMercenary will do anything to avoid reality - America desperately needs those 1.8 million workers. People who pay taxes (withheld in their pay) and never get a refund because they are immigrants - therefore enrich governments. Just another fact that TheMercenary forgets to mention. People who mostly avoid all social services for fear of being caught. Just another reason to maintain wacko extremist restrictions; to pervert the rights of 1.8 million necessary workers. Notice how he also forgets to mention that illegal immigrant workers mean even more government funds - not less.
TW why the personal attacks? You don't like the message do you. Facts are facts. Illegal immigrants are breaking the back of our economy. Many aspects of our society have integrated thier role in field work and other jobs where employers get out of paying fair wages and insurance to legal workers, sure enough. We need to establish a firm policy and get these people on a work visa program where everyone is documented and monitored for compliance with our laws. All the rest need to go and go now. All illegal felons need to be kicked out and sent back to their country of origin now. These people are feed off the hind tit of our societies social programs and the are talking entitlements away from legal residents who deserve them. They have no rights under our Constitution. Illegals go home, come back when you are fully registered. There should be NO free rides.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #101
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Hold TheMercenary's feet to that fire and he will run. Notice how TheMercenary will do anything to avoid reality - America desperately needs those 1.8 million workers. People who pay taxes (withheld in their pay) and never get a refund because they are immigrants - therefore enrich governments. Just another fact that TheMercenary forgets to mention.
What a load of crap. Employers do not withhold taxes from their pay if they a re illegal. Where the hell did you get that little ditty??? Are you illegal??? Taxes withheld and then passed on the the government??? You want us to believe that an employer is going to withhold taxes, send them to the govenment so they can tell the govenment that the are employing undocumented workers??!?!?! are you off your rocker. No one is going to do that and no one does it.

Ok lets compromise, 1.8 million go on an guest worker program immediatly and all the rest go home including their families, grandmothers, aunts, uncles, and brothers sisters cousins. That would be fair. And then get their employers to start to pay for their health insurance.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:47 AM   #102
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Illegals work other jobs too, not just on fields.

Also, even though I would guess that illegals are paid in cash (no idea), they still have sales tax and that so isn't like they are getting away with everything. This is also the reason why we should encourage them to become citizens. They already have jobs so if they become legal citizens, we will be able to tax them fairly.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:05 PM   #103
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 View Post
Illegals work other jobs too, not just on fields.

Also, even though I would guess that illegals are paid in cash (no idea), they still have sales tax and that so isn't like they are getting away with everything. This is also the reason why we should encourage them to become citizens. They already have jobs so if they become legal citizens, we will be able to tax them fairly.
I don't want them to become citizens until the do all the things currently required by the system. I want them to be guest workers. A sales tax is not a replacement for income tax. I wish it were. And I wish all I had to pay was the current sales tax and not tax on my earnings. Fed, state, medicare/medicade, and sales tax. Ad valorum tax on cars, and other toys. The list goes on. They get to send all those earnings home out of the country and out of the economy. There is no comparison. None.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:31 PM   #104
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Actually, at their wages they wouldn't be paying income tax even if they were legal. And they do pay sales tax and property tax (via rent). And, as mentioned before, the ones with fake SSNs pay payroll tax.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:44 PM   #105
Ibby
erika

For starters, TheMercenary, you DO know that advocating that the government interfere in business by making the businesses not hire illegal immigrants is the very definition of not-conservative, right?

Make up your mind. Are you conservative or not?