The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Food and Drink
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Food and Drink Essential to sustain life; near the top of the hierarchy of needs

Old 01-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #91
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Wow. That paging shit really works, huh?
Hihi....that's cuz Dr. Clod is a super woman.
Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #92
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

OMG I AM NOT. Spending hours on the Cellar instead of folding my laundry might make me lazy and happy, but it does not make me super woman.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #93
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
OMG I AM NOT. Spending hours on the Cellar instead of folding my laundry might make me lazy and happy, but it does not make me super woman.
Woman, just take any compliments thrown your way.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #94
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I'm not sure why, but today - this afternoon in particular - I feel totally exhausted. I had a bit of a lie down for an hour and was better enough to go out and do a bit of gardening afterwards, but still, every other day I've felt pretty much tip top all day long.

I did have a little bit of flour on some calamari I was served for lunch today. It was only a very light coating (I didn't realise there'd be any, but such is life), so in all, probably not even a tablespoon full, but still, I wondered if that might have been it after not having had any of those sorts of carbs for close to three weeks.

Anyway, I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I'm going to the gym anyway, so maybe that will help.

I've lost 4kg now.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #95
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Just a quick reply, but hopefully I can come back with more insight. But for now, I think you're not eating enough. It happens with me sometimes. The problem with eating Atkins is that we gotta cook! UGH! If we run out of time or feeling a bit lazy that day, we eat whatever's there and usually it's not enough calories. I'll get into it more but I had to stop Atkins this week because I wasn't eating enough and my body couldn't handle the intense workout I was doing. Ali, you're exercising too, right? Write down what you eat. Perhaps you're not eating enough. Have snacks in between if needed. What I do for snacks sometimes is cold cuts. Yeah, choose something healthy. It's better than nothing. I dunno. I'll be back.

Btw, congrats on the 4kg lost!! YAY!!!!!!! Keep it up woman!! It'll be all worth it one day. Remember to keep on walking!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:44 AM   #96
Aliantha

Yeah, I'm eating less than 1200 calories per day mostly, but I really feel like I shouldn't be eating too much more than that because it just seems like too much.

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and try and eat more.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #97
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Have a steak!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #98
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

1200 calories is too little! What Brianna said, have a steak. Just make sure you cut off all the fat and stuff. I don't like eating those stuff and yet, my cholesterol is too high. go figure.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:09 PM   #99
Aliantha

haha...I have been eating lean beef and chicken like there's no tomorrow. lol I've just had breakfast which consisted of 4 slices of shortcut bacon. That means the round bit of the bacon without the fatty streaky tail bit. It was only thinly sliced.. Anyway, I can't fit anymore in.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #100
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Ali - are you getting sick of meat?

do you have any good recipes to impart? I'm getting rather bored.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #101
monster
I hear them call the tide

Is fish allowed?
Old 01-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #102
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

I got sick of meat. Do you guys eat fish? Add fish and other seafood if y'all don't eat them now. I also eat lots of salad to help balance out all the meat I'm eating. I didn't follow Atkins strictly, but if you do, I think during the first two weeks of the induction period, you're not supposed to eat slad too much?

Oh yeah, I forgot to add. I also eat fried tofu. Yeah, isn't so healthy but I was really sick of meat. I also had nothing else to eat on vegetarian days, hihi. Once the induction period is over, I think, maybe?, you could cheat by wrapping meat and salad in rice paper that you had wet so it'd be soft. You can eat the rolls with sauce. If y'all think you'd be interested, tell me and I'll give you more ideas.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #103
Aliantha

We have fish here quite often, and prawns and crab (although I think I read that crab is high in carbs), but yeah, I'm a bit sick of meat and eggs.

My weightloss seems to have stalled a bit, so I'm going to try the 'zig zag' diet which is proteins only on monday, then proteins and salad and low carb veges fo the next 5 days, then the seventh day is the eat what you want day, including carbs, then back to day one and start the cycle again.

Apparently what happens is the eat what you like day causes the fat cells to open and then when they don't get what they really want the next day, they all deflate and get flushed away. That's the theory.

So anyway, today for breakfast I had bread and honey. God it was good!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #104
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Apparently what happens is the eat what you like day causes the fat cells to open and then when they don't get what they really want the next day, they all deflate and get flushed away. That's the theory.
I don't think so ... did a google search ...
Quote:
Research published in May 2008 in the journal Nature finds fat cells can shrink --
but they don't go away.
Quote:
If you’ve gained a lot of weight as an adult, you may have added to your store of fat cells.
That makes it harder to lose weight because, once they’ve taken up residence in your body,
fat cells never go away
Old 01-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #105
Aliantha

I might have phrased that incorrectly, but I meant that the fat in the cells gets flushed away.

I know the cells are there for good, unless I go and get them sucked out I supposed.