The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #9841
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Wow. I just did the quiz three more times, sleeping with various characters, eating different last meals and using different weapons, choosing different poisons and sins ... and all I get is decapitated.

I'll keep that in mind as I watch GoT Season 3 tonight ... (I watch the DVDs so that I can use subtitles. I know everyone else is far ahead.)
Old 03-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #9842
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

This video.

http://www.upworthy.com/too-many-wom...ook-this-class
Old 03-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #9843
glatt

Snow day today, and it was a good one. I was not looking forward to this storm. I'm sick of winter. But I got a chance to sleep a little late, although not too late. And I did my little workout routine shortly after waking up. Played a couple games of chess with my boy, watched the last episode of Sherlock. And then, after an excellent panini lunch, I went down into my shop and cleaned. And cleaned. And organized. I should have taken before and after pictures. But I filled a contractor sized garbage bag, and was able to clear off two benches. Three hours down there. So productive.

I didn't do any shoveling, but the rest of the glatt family promised to take care of all that tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'll be at work and they won't have school.

It just feels good to have something to show for the day. That never happens.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #9844
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'm not on Bakery on Fridays!
Although I am on Meat & Fish. Which apparently I have been trained on. Hahaha.
I know what I am doing with fish from my creaky personal knowledge, not from training. I can skin, gut and descale fish for myself for example, but the official staff were sent to Billingsgate Fish Market for training...

Meat?
Oh blimey.
If I'm asked to de-bone something or make some sort of special cut I will really show up my upmarket employers. But that's okay, because I'm being asked to work the counter alone on the third most busy day of the week. The two other days are covered by two members of staff! One of whom has been a butcher for most of his life...

But honestly, yay.
Only one morning of Bakery a week!
I can learn everything else. I'd rather come in without pay and shadow trained employees than come in without pay to put together a box of bread for the next morning in the freezer. Which is nothing to do with skill and only to do with misery.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #9845
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

I got Dad to his hospital appointment without blood being shed. MINE!

I'm not going to paint too dark a picture but, just between you and me, he's not blessed with endless patience. Nor is he blessed with an even temper or subtlety of expression.
There is no problem on God's green Earth that cannot be rectified immediately (if not sooner) by the simple expedient of SHOUTING VERY LOUDLY at me.
In the great scheme of things this afternoon was relatively civilised so I'm H-A-P-P-Y!
Old 03-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #9846
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I understand those small victories, Carr.

Diz decided to pee behind the sofa today, for the first time in ages.
What can I do? He's an animal, not a truculent or indulged child.

Anyway, short rather than long, to get to the happy, Mum and I talked it through reasonably. I know she was angry, but I decided to act as if she was just upset, because I know that was the base emotion.
Tantrum avoided.
FSM knows what I'll do next time though - I honestly thought he was cured of this.

I'm pleased you had a stress free hospital visit.
Now I know your credentials you have to come to Luton & Dunstable with me on the first of April, because I will certainly need a punchbag when I leave. Long bus journey, long wait, grim hospital and what I know will be bad news (buse) delivered by the perennially disapproving Dr K. Sigh.

But back to happy, I had a lovely morning at work.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #9847
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
what I know will be bad news (buse)
Worvert!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #9848
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

You got: You got decapitated. EEK!!!
Never watched the show, do lots of people die?
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #9849
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

only a few people die...

spoiler

each episode.

don't get attached.

end spoiler
Old 03-08-2014, 12:47 AM   #9850
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Home after five days on a fatality investigation. It was draining, but I also met some inspiring people. Happy to be home.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:16 PM   #9851
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

I trimmed the Buddleia this afternoon. Loathing gardening as I do, it isn't the actual pruning that makes me happy, it is the fact that it marks the end of winter as far as I am concerned. The 'Butterfly Bush' as it is sometimes known, benefits from a fierce cutting back that verges on the brutal but it pays dividends in the long run. By early July it will be a mass of blooms that will, with a bit of luck, be covered in butterflies.
For what it's worth, here are the before and after shots. Don't say you weren't warned.
Attached Images

Last edited by Carruthers; 03-08-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Wordage... and stuff.
Carruthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #9852
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  decapitated.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  44.5 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #9853
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
I trimmed the Buddleia this afternoon. Loathing gardening as I do, it isn't the actual pruning that makes me happy, it is the fact that it marks the end of winter as far as I am concerned. The 'Butterfly Bush' as it is sometimes known, benefits from a fierce cutting back that verges on the brutal but it pays dividends in the long run. By early July it will be a mass of blooms that will, with a bit of luck, be covered in butterflies.
For what it's worth, here are the before and after shots. Don't say you weren't warned.
Mine's still buried under 20 feet of snow. But the temperature crept above freezing today. Drove with the windows down
Old 03-09-2014, 05:36 AM   #9854
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Mine's still buried under 20 feet of snow. But the temperature crept above freezing today. Drove with the windows down
We were fortunate yesterday, the temperature was up to about 60F.
It's the first half decent day for months and there's a high pressure area building nicely that should keep things fairly warm for the next week or so.

Let joy be unconfined!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #9855
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The big burny thing in the sky is scaring me.