FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 02-17-2006, 02:54 AM   #76
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov
What happens next? ... Code red.
He defines the code as red but uses black letters. Now I understand. Barak is back.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 03:41 AM   #77
dov

That is the best you could come up with? Pitiful. I caught the innuendoes. Doubly pitiful. Try saying it to someone’s face one day, no innuendoes, but that take balls.
You are a nickle a dozen.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:20 AM   #78
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

tw has identified you as Barak. That means he knows your game is merely to provoke, and he won't play. The attention seeker, when starved of attention, is either reformed, goes away, or becomes so obviously intentionally annoying that s/he is banned.

We have seen this pattern repeated hundreds of times. Barak was the 1991-92 version.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:35 AM   #79
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
tw has identified you as Barak. That means he knows your game is merely to provoke, and he won't play. The attention seeker, when starved of attention, is either reformed, goes away, or becomes so obviously intentionally annoying that s/he is banned.

We have seen this pattern repeated hundreds of times. Barak was the 1991-92 version.
Thank you.

I am considering reforming. I will let you know. I have never reformed before. We will see how it goes.

You can ban someone here because the hierarchy does not like him or her?

I really hate PC popularity contests, but it is your show. I am just a humble newbie
Old 02-17-2006, 08:41 AM   #80
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's pretty rare. The new user registration explains

Quote:
There are only three RULES of the Cellar.

1. Do not try to break the law using the Cellar.
2. Do not try to break the Cellar.
3. Do not be "intolerably irritating".

The meaning of that last item is of course open to interpretation. But basically, if you are a troll, attention whore, moron, spammer, single-issue hammer or otherwise non-community oriented, you may be removed and banned and whatever else is required to keep your ass away from the place.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:09 AM   #81
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Old 02-17-2006, 11:56 PM   #82
marichiko

For once, Beestie and I agree...
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2006, 12:36 AM   #83
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Stream of Consciousness writing just barely worked for James Joyce.

Barely.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 08:42 AM   #84
lookout123
changed his status to single

i can't believe dov has made it this far without being banned. you guys are getting lenient in the cellar's old age.
lookout123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:40 AM   #85
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Well unlike that HUMBUG, he's restricting most of the crap to two threads and making some interesting points.

Actually, In the cellar's old age nobody got banned, it was a tradition. In the Internet era there are far too many purposeful trolls and assholes and attention whores to maintain that policy. I personally have come to the conclusion that moderation is, sadly, necessary.

It's impossible to make everyone happy with any level of moderation, but more people are happy with it than without it. Some people think there is a prinicple at stake here, but having to ban one spammer per day has really changed my mind about that. It makes it clear there is content we simply won't put up with, and no principle worth protecting that speech.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:55 AM   #86
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

DOV’s problem is limited comprehension. Seeing several thousand people screwed by Katrina and wailing on TV leads to the assumption the US will fold in an emergency. Forgetting that millions were severely affected by that storm. Millions are coping and moving ahead without making the news. Millions are being helped by other millions under the radar. That’s the problem of viewing the world through the media.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:28 PM   #87
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
DOV’s problem is limited comprehension. Seeing several thousand people screwed by Katrina and wailing on TV leads to the assumption the US will fold in an emergency. Forgetting that millions were severely affected by that storm. Millions are coping and moving ahead without making the news. Millions are being helped by other millions under the radar. That’s the problem of viewing the world through the media.
Nice to see your paying attention.

Quote:
Do not be "intolerably irritating".

The meaning of that last item is of course open to interpretation. But basically, if you are a troll, attention whore, moron, spammer, single-issue hammer or otherwise non-community oriented, you may be removed and banned and whatever else is required to keep your ass away from the place
In other words you can ban someone here because the hierarchy does not like him or her.
No wonder this Forum is so meat and potatoes.
We will see…

Quote:
Isolationism
I need your conspiracy theories
Paint it Black
How Many Times Do You Wear a Pair of Jeans Before Washing?
We support our troops????
We lost.
Where'd you get your handle from?
In the spirit of fargons what are you wearing, a/s/l
bac
Humor...I Need Humor...
What I Learned Today
Jack The Ripper
Bipartisanship, Dems with no ideas
Final Choices
fetish?
Are you a good person or a bad person?
The Wal-Mart Problem
Craziest place you have...
Sorry I wasn’t more diversified. My attention at times was caring for a couple of threads I began which had well over 100 posts. I am like that; I take care of my threads. Multitasking is not my forte. Maybe you can teach me?

Consider it is not I. Consider you are narrow minded, and the status quo must be defended at any cost. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolute. Sleep on it.

Quote:
TV leads to the assumption the US will fold.
It is inevitable. Babylon will fold.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:28 PM   #88
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov
Sorry I wasn’t more diversified. My attention at times was caring for a couple of threads I began which had well over 100 posts. I am like that; I take care of my threads. Multitasking is not my forte. Maybe you can teach me?
Er... You know, now that I think about it, why don't you just stay with your pet threads?

The Cellar? Meat and potatoes? Its more like a giant smorgasboard. I think I'll go read the "What's for lunch" thread now.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:52 PM   #89
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov
In other words you can ban someone here because the hierarchy does not like him or her.
And yet you're still here, although most find you to be as pathetic a figure as we've seen.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:54 PM   #90
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
And yet you're still here, although most find you to be as pathetic a figure as we've seen.
Undertoad, nice to know who is the spokesperson for the we'ves is.

Well, I would say this Forum either tops or is pretty dam close at being at the top of Message Boards which judges the poster and not the post. Hey, if it works for you, go for it. My posts may change but I wont. We will see how its resolved, I am not leaving, even though most who have judged me are pretentious holier than thou hypocrites.

Its fun attempting to put one down isn’t it? It takes so little brainpower, schoolyard posturing.

I believe the States are decadent and that feeds terrorism and will ultimately be the States downfall. The amount spent on an illegal invasion and the subsequent murder of 100k innocent Iraqis, same bucks spent in narrowing the rift between third world and the decadent ones would have made a profound effect in lowering terrorism. It would have defused it.

I believe the states is being run by born again evangelicals whose ultimate goal is to herd all of the world Jews into the west bank, slaughtering thirteen million, the worlds total population of Jews, minus 144,000 who will be saved due to conversion, all this to bring back Jesus.

I don’t believe in borders especially walled ones.

I have a small pimple on my shoulder, lets focus on the pimple, k?
Who wants to pop it?