The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 12-10-2003, 03:46 PM   #76
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas

Unless she's pissed AT YOU, in which case you're not likely to be hearing much of anything again.
OK, admit it....you just wanted to use that smiley, didn't you? i should have added it to my post.....maybe i'll edit it back in.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:04 PM   #77
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Juju

I am insulted that you find my "I'm sorry" was not heartfelt. I am sorry for contributing to your problem regarding contrast, but I am not sorry for posting in sea-green. I can see, though, where you might have misunderstood my "I'm sorry" since it was posted in sea-green. I don't think your request is ridiculous I just don't see what right it is of yours to tell me not to post in sea-green.

Why exactly are the colors available if not to be used?

Anyhoo, I just think it is stupid to flame on for days about me posting in sea-green. What a frivolous thing to fritter one's time away with.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #78
FileNotFound
Intouch with his inner sheep rider.

Re: FNF

Originally posted by LUVBUGZ
I am not a troll. This is MY FUCKING THREAD so I can visit, lurk, post, etc. whenever, however I want to.

I am referring to your general responses in other threads. They seem to be designed to piss somebody off.

If you would calm the fuck down for one friggin second, I was already posting here when your PM came through. You gave me all of half a minute to read it and respond.

MTG is a stupid game, so are ALL the other card games. That is MY opinion. If you don't like MY opinion, that is YOUR problem.

You posted it as a statement. There is a huge difference between me saying:

I think all card games are stupid.
and
All card games are stupid.

If you said "I think" I'd ignore it. Opinions are meant to be ignored. You made a statement. Statements are meant to be argued against and defended.

You have got to be THE biggest hypocritical ass-wipe I know. Before you go off half-cocked about my brain cell capacity why don't you pick up a fucking dictionary. Fist this asshole!!!

How am I hypocritical? Please explain. I know I am at times, everyone is when you get down to it, but I try to avoid it. Please find examples.

FNF, NFN, whatever, I don't really give a shit what your name is.

I spell your name correctly, the least you could do is spell mine correctly. If it's beyond your mental capacity then I can understand that, if not, at least make the effort.

I didn't say you or anyone else was attacking me. It has already been decided that IT is "friendly advice". So thanks for the "friendly advice" and remember that I'm not worth the effort so don't fucking offer it anymore.

If it's not "attacking" what does "jumping on my ass" mean? Are you saying we fucked you? Rode you about like a pony?

I don't actually have a list of Cellar retards. That would be Dave with that list and I do believe it was/is quite long. Apparently, I was/is close to number one, or maybe just shy if it. *I* have a list of assholes with a few names on it to which yours has been added.

Feel free to dig up my into post, I mention that I am an asshole. So I'm not at all surprised.

If dave did have a retard list, I'm certain that not only were you on it, but you were the head of the retard list and your name must have been in bold and highlighted...sadly not sea green as you'd have liked it.

You revolt me because you are an ignorant, conceited, arrogant, asshole who finds glee in starting shit with people he doesn't know shit about. You are also a hypocritical fuck face who finds it necessary to put me down for things that you yourself turn around and do as well.

Why am I ignorant?

I didn't start shit with you. You started the shit by saying that a game that I had a lot of respect for is "stupid" as are all card games. I bet your idea of "all card games" is "Hearts, FreeCell and solitaire"

Do show how I am hypocritical. It'd be really nice if you backed up your insults with proof.

For example, I know you only have one brain cell because you find yourself unable to write FNF correctly.

I am fully aware that it is "best", not "bestest". That was done for your benefit, so you could follow along without pausing for comprehension.

I'm sure you are. So far I think I have shown that despite the fact that English is my third language I am fully capable of communicating in it.

Last edited by FileNotFound; 12-10-2003 at 04:09 PM.
FileNotFound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:15 PM   #79
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveDallas

Unless she's pissed AT YOU, in which case you're not likely to be hearing much of anything again.
You beat me to it, SD. That was precisely what I was going to post.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:17 PM   #80
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I think that for the purpose of this thread we can consider FnF the "new dave".

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:22 PM   #81
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
How am I hypocritical? Please explain. I know I am at times, everyone is when you get down to it, but I try to avoid it. Please find examples.
Jesus FNF, you are slow aren't you!!!

Here's how.....
quote FNF:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fist of all, it's FNF. Is that too tough for your one brain cell to handle? Well you can call me File if having two of the same letter in a word is too confusing for you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the same breath that you moronically decide to attack my mental capabilities you can't even spell a simple English word such as "First".

Is that clear enough for you, simpleton?

Old 12-10-2003, 04:24 PM   #82
juju
no one of consequence

Re: Juju

Quote:
I am sorry for contributing to your problem regarding contrast, but I am not sorry for posting in sea-green.
And what, exactly, is the difference?

Quote:
I don't think your request is ridiculous

[...]

Anyhoo, I just think it is stupid to flame on for days about me posting in sea-green. What a frivolous thing to fritter one's time away with.
Yes you do!!
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:28 PM   #83
juju
no one of consequence

Re: Juju

Quote:
Why exactly are the colors available if not to be used?
In my opinion, they are best used for emphasis. Just like bold and italics. Some of Lumberjim's posts are good examples.
Old 12-10-2003, 05:20 PM   #84
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
luvbugz,
where have you been while you were away?

IS it your contention that the people here are all retards?

ps. i'm impressed that you have been able to piss wolf and juju off.....they're both pretty cool customers.
Well, lumberjim, I was working out of state and had no access to the Cellar.

NO, it is NOT my contention that the people here are all retards. Actually I really *hate* that word because it was dipshit Dave's favorite. Initially, there were only two people I didn't like here, but as the incessant flamewars continued a few others reared their ugly heads. It seems like even if you personally have no beef with me you must join in or you're not cool in the eyes of the heavy-hitters.

There are several people who mainly watch this crap, commenting occasionally, which seems reasonable given that it must get old watching every thread I post in turn into a crapfest because some people have nothing better to do that offer me "friendly advice" while claiming that I'm not worth the effort. I call that hypocritical, but they'll deny it to the bitter end.

There are only four or so people here who I consider actual friends and have communicated with outside these Cellar walls. A few have actually backed me on stuff in here only to find themselves on the receiving end of the shit storm too. Albeit for only a short spell. I, on the other hand, will always be a target for "friendly advice" no matter what I say.

I have claimed blame for some of these incidents and apologized, but it doesn't matter. The shit continues. I really don't have a problem with people disagreeing with me or deciding not to like me, but I prefer they do so based on something I did or said to them, not just because the "popular crowd" is doing it.

As far as advice goes, I really do appreciate honest to goodness helpful advice, because I realize that I do need it, but trying to guise cruel, hurtful, put-downs and outright face-slapping insults as "helpful advice" is a huge crock of steaming shit. Although hard to listen to at times, a few people have offered true advice and I have listened and tried to follow it.

Many Cellarites are really interesting, intelligent people who I find enjoyable to communicate with, but it never fails that anything I post leads to an off-topic flow of liquid feces, hence ruining any enjoyment, enlightenment, or education I might find here.

So why do I stay, or come back, you ask? I'm not really sure to tell you the truth. I thought a few weeks away and this crap would blow over, but apparently that's not the case. I guess I just hope that some of these people will eventually get tried of starting shit over stupid little things and actually converse, discuss, debate as adults rather that name-calling and blows below the belt.

Yes, I know pissing off Wolf and Juju seems like a pretty good feat, but honestly I don't know how, when, or why I did. I'm sure they will be more than willing to pin-point every little last detail for you, but I'm referring to generally pissing them off. Juju has been helpful and friendly to me in the past, but obviously that's no longer. Wolf was one of the originals to say let's give LUVBUGS a chance, but obvioulsy that's no longer too. I always liked Wolf cus she could kill ya at a hundred yards out, blindfolded, with one hand tied behind her back. I think that's a cool skill. Also the fact that she can make fun of the crazies and get away with it is pretty cool too, but somewhere in fray I have managed to make her shit list as well.

So, lumberjim, for what it's worth that's my side of the story. I'm sure the others will bend your ear with theirs and I am equally confident that those points of view will differ greatly from mine, but that's all that any of this is.....a point of view.

Old 12-10-2003, 05:32 PM   #85
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Well, Juju, you are entitled to take my "I'm sorry" any way you want to, but I was not trying to hurt, attack or insult you. I was merely trying to express my fondness for green in my posts. As you may or may not have noticed my joy of green posts has indeed faded as I mentioned it would.

And, as per your previous advice, I have included paragraphs in my really long post so as to ease the readers difficulty in wading through it.

I have noted your opinion on the use of colored text along with your use of lumberjim's posts as examples to back your opinion.

As I am no longer posting in sea-green I feel as though this point of disagreement has been settled and no longer wish to engage in any further discussion regarding said topic.

Thank You,
LB

Old 12-10-2003, 06:22 PM   #86
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Bugz:

I couldn't understand all the hostility, then I saw the reference to the "Strawberry" thread, so I popped on over and holy cow! You did it again, Bugz. I don't know how. The color thing started with Miss Wolf, but the Magic: The Gathering thing came out of the blue...still looking for that, although I suppose it doesn't really matter.

FNF started out his career here by posting he is an asshole, so I suppose you should chalk it up as that, and leave it alone. Don't try to argue with him, he just gets more wired up and combative. Why he's pissy with me is a mystery as well, and to be honest, I don't really care. Dave taught me some valuable lessons, and my suggestion to you is to just stop all the replies to FNF. Not worth the headache.

I suppose I should apologize for getting your hopes up that things might go smoother with Dave gone, but as you predicted, that didn't happen. Personally, sweetie I think you should post what you like** , in whatever color you like. If the colors weren't meant to be used, they wouldn't be available. If the color annoys come people, well, that's too damn bad. Guess they can just pass on by the posts. The whole thing is really getting on my nerve. This is crazy.

**I also think you need to ignore the personal remarks, as much as possible, and do your very best NOT to reply to those, AT ALL. I know it's hard, but try. And put FNF on ignore. Like, now. No, right now. Don't buy into the personal insults. And don't personally insult back. At all. And remember to use "IMO" and "I think" or "It's been my experience that" .... alot. It gets tedious, but it does qualify things at bit, and might reduce the flames somewhat. Hopefully.

OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 06:54 PM   #87
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally posted by FileNotFound

Has LUVBUGZ hired you as a PR person?
No, Luvbugz hasn't hired me as a PR person. Why would you even ask that? Because I was asking people to give her a chance? Isn't that something any tolerant, decent person would do?
Quote:

Not a bad move, your posts are somewhat more platable than hers and you're nowhere near her score on the ignorance scale.
Should I say thanks for the backhanded compliment/opinion I never asked for?
Quote:

But you know it's odd that you say "start over", cause I think she is trying to "start over" the same old shit by comparing me to dave and all. Great start I say, 5 stars to the tard.

If I recall correctly, while you and dave were going at it over April, you were compared to him by other people here. And rightfully so. People can generally be categorized into a few groups. I think you and dave are in the same one. I didn't like the way he got personally insultive and I don't like when you do it, either.

Just saying, "I'm an asshole," doesn't make it ok to treat people badly, and insult them. Doing so only confirms you're an asshole. That's not a good thing. Recall the thread you made those remarks in and how everyone jumped on you. Alot of people called you a troll. I was one of the few that tried to see beyond the trollish bullshit and ask you about Russia, because I'm interested in that. I was nice to you, you didn't insult me, and our relationship continued rather uneventfully until recently, when you started walking that line between sarcasm and insulting.

If you don't want to be compared to dave, don't act like him.

Quote:

Isn't it ironic that you're asking for a stop to the "attacks on LUVBUGS" in the "continuing LUVBUGZ" thread? That got a few giggles out of me...
I posted it on this thread because I saw whit's post:
Quote:
Just bringing this back up to the main page on standard viewing options. With Bugz back I think we'll need this thread back.

I thought that was begging for a new flame war, so I posted quickly, asking people not to start up again, because it doesn't do any good. Bugz is Bugz, and she's not going to change any time soon, no matter how much you berate her or call names. If you don't like what she posts, why can't you just ignore it and go on to the next one? Because you're an asshole? Again, that doesn't excuse your behavior.

I thought with April's presence, that we understood the difference between "immature" and "adult" behavior. You called her a child and immature and a bunch of other names, like a child in the school yard. FNF, you're a reasonably intelligent, mostly lucid writer. Why do you degrade your posts with all that childish crap? You're above that. Aren't you?
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 07:47 PM   #88
juju
no one of consequence

Actually, I figured out a great compromise. For those Cellarites who use Privoxy (v. 3.0.2), you can modify your config files like this:

In your user.action file, add the following:<blockquote>{+filter{site-specifics}}
cellar.org</blockquote>In the default.filter file, in the "FILTER: site-specifics" section, add the following:<blockquote>s/<font color="indigo">/<font color="black">/g
s/<font color="seagreen">/<font color="black">/g</blockquote>Users can then post in indigo and seagreen to their hearts' content, and it will still appear as black to you.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:57 PM   #89
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
And, as per your previous advice, I have included paragraphs in my really long post so as to ease the readers difficulty in wading through it.:)
This is awesome. I think you'll find that people will "get" what you have to say more often that way. :)
Old 12-10-2003, 08:07 PM   #90
juju
no one of consequence

By the way, I also added this to the "FILTER: site-specifics" section in the default.filter file:<blockquote>s/This person is on your <b>Ignore List<\/b>\.//g</blockquote>Though I only have j03L10T on my ignore list now, I used to have Nickname on the list, and I found it extremely annoying to be constantly reminded (in bold, no less) that he was on my ignore list. This solves that problem and allows one to put people on my ignore list knowing they won't still annoy me.