The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 09-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #76
wafflepirate
Eavesdropper

I think I'm too young for this thread XD

I have no boobs whatsoever.... (neither did my mom) I am totally self concious about it, and hate when girls tell me "You're so lucky! You get no attention from boys! I wish I was you!!!"
Seriously they actually say that...

but I would never have implants... I can not abandon my flatsy sisters!!!!
wafflepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #77
monster
I hear them call the tide

they're lying/bitching, sorry.

but don't worry, your time will come..... you may get boobs later on, you may not. But you will most likely get attention when you're ready, and you're probably never going to have to deal with saggage and the problem of nipples tickling your kneecaps as you walk.

How old are you, btw?
Old 09-07-2008, 12:01 PM   #78
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

I would love to get lipo. I would like to get rid of very stubborn saddlebags. When I gain weight, it goes there first and when I lose weight, it stays.

I would like lasik too. I just ordered new glasses and they are costing me $600!! I havent been able to see very well for such a long time that I decided to opt for the very best when it comes to the lenses...I hope it makes a difference. Getting the eye surgery would mean much cheaper glasses. My sight is that bad.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:19 AM   #79
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I've had my eyes lasered. It's weird - I never defined myself by my short-sightedness. It always seemed like some sort of bizarre accident.

Now I can see without correction I feel I am back to the way I should be.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:43 AM   #80
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

I have on my face, and they are full of shit if they tell you "there's little to no scarring!". My goattee/beard hides it sometimes, but up close it's easy to see on my right cheek about 3/4" long in the classic Frankenstein stitch pattern. I don't care though, and some of the girlies like it
Planning on getting the eye surgery to correct my nearsightedness in the next year or two, but am wary of the post-op (will I be blind for a few days or what). My eyesight right now is pretty rough, anything 6" or more away from my face gets blurry reallll quick. I'm -6.00 in both eyes.

Last edited by Bullitt; 09-08-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #81
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Bullitt--you're completely awake for the surgery, and literally the moment they stand you up out of the chair things are much, much clearer. But then they don't want you to blink for a good long while, so they give you some hardcore sedatives so that you'll just sleep for a good 10-12 hours. When you wake up, your eyes will itch and burn, but not unbearably, and your vision will be almost up-to-speed by then, although still very very light sensitive. The only reason you wouldn't be able to go to work or classes or whatever at that point is because you feel like crap, not because you can't see.

You have to take a pantheon of eyedrops for the first few days, and then it tapers off over the next few weeks. I had mine done less than a week before the semester started, and I had no problems.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #82
Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Bullitt--you're completely awake for the surgery, and literally the moment they stand you up out of the chair things are much, much clearer. But then they don't want you to blink for a good long while, so they give you some hardcore sedatives so that you'll just sleep for a good 10-12 hours. When you wake up, your eyes will itch and burn, but not unbearably, and your vision will be almost up-to-speed by then, although still very very light sensitive. The only reason you wouldn't be able to go to work or classes or whatever at that point is because you feel like crap, not because you can't see.

You have to take a pantheon of eyedrops for the first few days, and then it tapers off over the next few weeks. I had mine done less than a week before the semester started, and I had no problems.
Sounds tolerable. A few days of discomfort instead of the rest of my life dealing with contact lenses sliding up on top of my eye that take 5 minutes to get out... ughh. Worst way ever to start the day.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #83
Clodfobble

Oh absolutely, I have never regretted getting it done, not once. There are some side effects, but they usually only bother people who shouldn't have gotten it done in the first place, with -1.50 vision or so. When you start out blind, being left with a little bad night vision and some odd starbursts around some lights is no big deal. For the record, I do now have a little pair of glasses that I break out sometimes while driving at night; my vision has regressed a bit in the last ten years and is not perfect anymore. But it's still a million times better than it was.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #84
Bullitt

Thumbs up

i'm convinced. PM me how much it set you back?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #85
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Im convinced too, but how do you go about finding the best place to get it done?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #86
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico and ME View Post
Im convinced too, but how do you go about finding the best place to get it done?
You just have to look around.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #87
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

"groannnnnnnnnnnnn"
Old 09-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #88
lookout123
changed his status to single

craigslist. definitely craigslist.

i'm totally kidding. this should be a referral. do not trust your eyes to someone from the phonebook. chances are you know more than a few people who've had the procedure. ask your eye doc who did his. Mrs L went to the same guy her eye doctor used. We figured if he was good enough for an eye doctor and his kids, then he was good enough for us.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:21 PM   #89
Clodfobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt
i'm convinced. PM me how much it set you back?
Er, um... well, I was on my mom's insurance at the time, and she covered the rest (thanks Mom!)... besides, it was ten years ago, the numbers would be pretty meaningless nowadays. Like lookout said, your eye doctor can recommend someone for a consultation.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #90
lookout123
changed his status to single

Mrs L's was about $5k i think. That's been about 5-6 years ago, so I may be off on that.