The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #8686
Nirvana
Back in 10

He was probably going down the posts and Toro's was before yours , we WANT TO TALK ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE IMPORTANT.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #8687
monster
I hear them call the tide

I do. I care too.

" He was probably going down the posts and Toro's was before yours "
Nirv, that's very charitable of you. The "bump" kind of says not so.

But anon, many of us care very deeply. yes, we are uncomfortable but it's because we care and don't know what to do or say, not because we don't think it's important. it's hella important. Please stop and get help. Your current situ is a pile of crap by all accounts. You ended up there because you were good at your job. apparently some people think that gold-coating lead will make it desirable. idiot people. seems like they thought you would shine brightly enough their crap would stop stinking. "anon -so awesome their effect crosses the sense barrier!" But now you're sinking in the crap weighed down by their lead and they can't see your shine and are too stupid to realize what they've done. get out of there. now.

Last edited by monster; 01-15-2013 at 01:06 PM.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #8688
anonymous
Operations Operative

I will get help.

Just so you all know you did help. I am over the roughest part now. I can see beyond the next five minutes.

I am so very grateful for your kind words and caring. I know I'm a basketcase but I'm your basketcase. I obviously need to make changes...I ain't outta no woods yet, not by a long shot.

-make an appointment
-fix resume
-send resume
-get out of here
-laugh in July about the mess they won't have any idea how to fix. Poetic justice, thought I won't even know about it directly. I'll know.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #8689
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I thought the bump was to emphasise the 'wtf?' to Toro. because it does sound like it is a big deal, and it had the misfortune to land just as something really major was happening to another dwellar and so hadn't been picked up by anyone. I don't think, and V can correct me if I'm wrong, that it was a dig or criticism of Anon's predicament or its place in this thread. It was giving some attention to Toro, not removing it from Anon :P

@ Anon: Jesus fucking wept, mate, what a shitty situation. I can't offer any great advice other than to echo what's already been said by others: find a way out of that job asap, and try not to let the opinions of others, family especially, undermine your own sense of the world. You know the job is fucking with you. It is making you unhappy. There's nothing lucky, or warranting gratitude in an unhappy worklife. And there's no virtue in sticking to something you hate. If they don't understand the extent of your misery, they cannot possibly judge your response to it.

Wish I could think of something useful or helpful to say. Fraid alls I have is another declaration of caring. *hugs babe*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #8690
anonymous
Operations Operative

Dana, and EVERYONE...Really, you've all said useful things. You helped SO much. I was pretty worried about myself.

And yes, please let's get back to Toro. I am sorry Toro. What happened, if you want to talk about it?

We are here...as you can see: I found my comfort here. Today. And it helped.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #8691
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

A heartfelt banality: I hope your situation improves soon, anon.

I recently made the decision not to go back to my job as a teacher in the fall. Our pockets will be hurting, but the job's just not worth it when it sucks the soul out of you. I hope you can find a place that treats you as a human being deserves to be treated -- with dignity, respect, and caring.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #8692
glatt

Anon, I'm glad you're through the worst of it today. I hope it gets better for you. I'm glad the others were here to help you through.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #8693
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

dear anon

I intended no offense. I am concerned about toranokaze and I'm concerned about you. I'm glad you're through the worst of it now. DanaC explained well; I can not improve on it so I won't try.

Yours,
Old 01-15-2013, 04:23 PM   #8694
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Wishing everybody well, hope things get better
Sorry I'm not around, not uncaring just unwell
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #8695
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

ortho - take care of yourself too
Old 01-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #8696
Nirvana
Back in 10

I wondered about you O hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #8697
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

'Anon- quit the job. you CAN do it. Read "The Consolations of Philosophy" by Alain de Botton and focus on Epicurus. I went from making 58,000 in 2005 to 18 and change now and I'm fine if I don't go nuts at stores and buy stuff I don't need-----like yet another pair of earrings etc. 58 to 18 is HUGE but you know what? I'm much happier (mostly-sometimes I'm lonely) I can go nearly a month on a tank of gas, my creativity has started to return and I have time to learn what life is instead of trying to please odious supervisors who lived to kill souls. I went back to school at 43 and I know you're younger than me (and I got a completely useless degree but it meant something to ME) I qualified for FAFSA; maybe you can, too. Study something you adore or have always wanted to. Get an extended LOA or FMLA. If you stick to the hysterical crying in the doc's office, or say certain things, I'm sure he or she will fill out the paperwork. My sister did that FMLA thing when she was in another job and her supervisor was bananas.

the real question is: how do all these nutjobs get into management? They're not good with people, they're not good with managing anything...oh yeah. They're sociopaths who smooch the ass of the one above. Some of the people I've worked with I wonder how they sleep at night. Use this energy to change things for yourself and when your family asks you why you're doing this say "because it makes me happy." and smile. you don't need to explain it to them----they wouldn't get it anyway.

you matter. You matter, you're important and you're no mistake. You are made of star stuff.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #8698
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

anon, it's good to see you've had so much support here during this low period today. I guess that's what most of us like about this place. Knowing there's usually someone around who cares enough to listen even if that's all that can be done. It's heartening to see you've got a plan in place. Please be kind to yourself and stick to it. Things just seem totally out of control for you now, so maybe having a 'get better' type of plan might give you the focus you need to drag yourself up by your boot straps.

Aden just quit his part time job because he's sick of the politics. A big thing for him, but small in comparison to your issues, but just an example of someone else going out on a limb because they're sick of the shit at a workplace.

It will all work out. It's always scary, but there are thousands of stories about people leaving shitty jobs and walking into something great that they would have missed out on if they'd stayed for the torture instead.

The thing that's upsetting me today is worry about a friend who is currently under the knife having a brain cancer cut out. He had the first one cut out last year, but it's grown back. He's going to be left with facial scaring and some paralysis and numbness in half of his face. He is going to lose his ear canal, but is positive about getting a cochliar implant after this op is over. Anyway, I guess we all have challenges to face. I hope we all come through them well.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:09 PM   #8699
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

you know====this whole thing, all this depression and anxiety and dread is smacking of January. January and July---the two suckiest months in the year (my apologies to those born in those months----your zodiac sign isn't a reflection of the month but of the stars. I was born in Feb (along with the fabulous DanaC) which is also a sucky month but short, so that counts, and has nothing to do with me being a Pisces.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #8700
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

There is certainly a lot of January about at this time of year.
Anon, Trilby has some fabulous advice here, the bit I like best (apart from "quit the job") is this: "when your family asks you why you're doing this say "because it makes me happy." and smile. You don't need to explain it to them----they wouldn't get it anyway. "

Tags
swiss