The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-27-2009, 11:24 AM   #736
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Then you don't disagree with the statement.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #737
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Again, the statement is bullshit unless you are uninformed and/or ignorant.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:03 PM   #738
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

If the statement does apply to uninformed/ignorant people, as you have conceded, and said uninformed/ignorant people exist, which your concession implies, then the statement is true.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #739
Flint
Snowflake

Wait--he only implied that uninformed/ignorant "exist" (based on your interpretation of his post). Maybe they don't, and then he wins.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #740
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Either way, we're still stuck with an idiot for a president. I have a feeling nobody will win at this game.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #741
classicman

That's because we are all just pawns in the game. Cannon fodder, if you will.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #742
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
But if "a LOT of the anger out there IS because we have a black man as president, and a lot of the animosity IS race driven" "among the uninformed/ignorant", then the premise that "a LOT of the anger out there IS because we have a black man as president, and a lot of the animosity IS race driven" isn't bullshit.
Sounds like bullshit to me. I did hear a a black woman on CNN make a very emotional statement supporting this notion that all this opposition to Obama is race driven. All she could offer to support her statements were some very loose associations and connections which bordered on conspiracy theory and really discredited her. CNN gave her a pass and never once challanged her statements. So far no one can prove any racial connection between opposition to Obama's policies. So until that happens it is all Bullshit. Talk about fear mongering among the supporters of Obama to get people to support them. Wow, sounds just like what the Republickins did to get people to support the WOT.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #743
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

And the study sheet the Obama Administration put out for school use pending Obama's upcoming speech was astonishingly personality-cultish for the United States. It is more what would be expected for Cuba, Albania, or Ingushetiya. Obama's people thought this would be a good idea. Well, when half your "special advisors" are communists, this is the sort of thing you have to expect.

And that lunatic Radar thought Obama was "the more libertarian candidate." Dear God, what ineptitude and imperception. Radar voted not his wisdom, but his wildly anti-Republican prejudices. It's a dumb thing to vote with your limbic system.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #744
TheMercenary

FACT CHECK: Biden ignores problems with stimulus

Quote:
Biden noted 192 airports targeted for improvements with stimulus money, but made no reference to the investigation launched after a federal watchdog raised concerns about how the projects were selected.

Transportation Department Inspector General Calvin Scovel said last month he will examine the Federal Aviation Administration's process for selecting programs for the $1.1 billion in grant money. His announcement came after his office discovered that the Obama administration used stimulus money to pay for 50 airport projects that didn't meet the grant criteria and approved projects at four airports with a history of mismanaging federal grants.
Quote:
In making the case that the recovery program was not just economically sound but also good policy, Biden noted that transportation money was replacing unsafe bridges.

"It is worthwhile to take some of those 5,000 bridges out there that are ready to collapse, follow what happened in the upper Midwest, and fix them," he said.

But most states are spending stimulus money on bridges that are already in good shape, another AP analysis found. Of the 2,476 bridges scheduled to receive stimulus money so far, nearly half have passed inspections with high marks, according to federal data. Those 1,123 sound bridges received such high inspection ratings that they normally would not qualify for federal bridge money, yet they will share in more than $1.2 billion in stimulus money, the AP analysis published in July found.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...c--RgD9AGCLEG0
Old 09-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #745
classicman

Its Bush's fault - they're just tryin to clean up the mess.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #746
TheMercenary

Why of course it is...

"the Obama administration used stimulus money to pay for 50 airport projects that didn't meet the grant criteria and approved projects at four airports with a history of mismanaging federal grants."
Old 09-04-2009, 09:27 PM   #747
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

This is so far out there as to contention over nothing that I don't understand how you could read this and not be saddened by the turn of events. There was a time when children were taught to have faith in the country, to at least respect the leader even if it's not the leader you hoped for. I said this last line to nudge Merc and classic. Come on guys, what did Obama say that would warrant such hatred? I have no idea, because the speech hasn't happened yet. It seems to center around the importance of education, and staying in school, which seems to be pretty routine as agenda. Your cohorts believe this is a partisan effort? To do what? To encourage kids to stay in school, by our President? Egads, that asshole!

Someone should be very ashamed.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/...ols/index.html
Old 09-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #748
TheMercenary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
This is so far out there as to contention over nothing that I don't understand how you could read this and not be saddened by the turn of events. There was a time when children were taught to have faith in the country, to at least respect the leader even if it's not the leader you hoped for. I said this last line to nudge Merc and classic. Come on guys, what did Obama say that would warrant such hatred? I have no idea, because the speech hasn't happened yet. It seems to center around the importance of education, and staying in school, which seems to be pretty routine as agenda. Your cohorts believe this is a partisan effort? To do what? To encourage kids to stay in school, by our President? Egads, that asshole!

Someone should be very ashamed.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/...ols/index.html
I have no problem with Obama speaking to school children. I do respect the right of parents or States Rights.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #749
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
And the study sheet the Obama Administration put out for school use pending Obama's upcoming speech was astonishingly personality-cultish for the United States. It is more what would be expected for Cuba, Albania, or Ingushetiya. Obama's people thought this would be a good idea. Well, when half your "special advisors" are communists, this is the sort of thing you have to expect.

And that lunatic Radar thought Obama was "the more libertarian candidate." Dear God, what ineptitude and imperception. Radar voted not his wisdom, but his wildly anti-Republican prejudices. It's a dumb thing to vote with your limbic system.
All politicians build personality cults. For instance, Bush still holds you in his grasp even as his very unRepublican interventionist programs continue to kill American soldiers and yield little in the way of democratic self government. Both major parties are cult-like. People compromise their beliefs for the necessary group think that governing requires. It is both creepy and inevitable for successful government.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:55 AM   #750
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I also think it's quite distasteful to be bashng a former dwellar who isn't here any more. Hasn't been here for a heck of a long time. Not only is it distasteful, as he isn't around to mount a defence, but it's more than a little creepy as it shows a level of obsession that surprises me somewhat.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote