The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: Do you own a gun?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 36 57.14%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #736
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
i'd settle for intercom systems that would allow us to dial up and bitch out the jerk in front of you that just ran a stop sign to pull out in front of you.... telephone number= lic plate ? something.
I think that every day. That would rock. And I want one of those trailing message bars in my rear window so I can tell those I just cut up exactly what I think of them too
Old 06-04-2007, 04:49 PM   #737
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
It's all he knows. He obviously doesn't know shit about rights.
If my head were severed in an accident, I'd know more than you about rights, and pretty much everything else too.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:31 PM   #738
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I think that every day. That would rock. And I want one of those trailing message bars in my rear window so I can tell those I just cut up exactly what I think of them too
One of these, Preprogram 16 messages, scrolls up to 80 characters each or text with the help of a library of 100 words and phrases.
Can be set to run all the time, on a switch, or with your brake lights.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2007, 05:44 PM   #739
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

That's pretty cool, and would come in very handy here in Southern California.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #740
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Isn't that what your gun is for???
my paint ball gun ...that jinx won't let me buy, yes.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #741
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
One of these, Preprogram 16 messages, scrolls up to 80 characters each or text with the help of a library of 100 words and phrases.
Can be set to run all the time, on a switch, or with your brake lights.
That's the sucker. Solong as it's not limited to the preprogrammed library of 100 words

Beest has several paintball markers (guns), you'll have to come on over and borrow one, Jim. Thing is, the paint's too expensive to waste on morons who can't drive.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 PM   #742
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

OK, here's a case where the remote control is so shitty as to be life-threatening.

You thought it was hard to hit the pause button in the dark, now try it at 80 MPH when some crazy-ass motherfucker has just cut you off on the exit ramp!

What we clearly need, people, are big-ass buttons that say

SORRY

and

THANKS

and

FUCK YOU

These big red buttons should have rounded edges, and should be visible in different colors and shapes, in the driver's peripheral vision, so that the driver does not inadvertently select the wrong one.

This one is not like picking the wrong intermittent wiper setting. You are communicating with average human beings. This could be your life, people.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:17 PM   #743
monster

I need the following options

"start praying"
"get off your fucking phone"
"that mascara ain't gonna make you look any prettier in the morgue"

ok, maybe that' last one's a little lengthy.........
Old 06-04-2007, 08:39 PM   #744
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Isn't that what your gun is for???
You think that's funny, Spexx?!
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #745
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Being rude again Radar?
He's just trying to get Pierce to grow beyond nineteen, but at an unnatural speed of forced growth -- to more closely match Radar's late-thirties. Trouble with that idea is that to become mature, you've got to do the time, day for day, year for year. So the immediate result is mutual irritation, glaringly visible. (Kid, Radar's always going to have about fifteen years on you until the day he dies -- though when you're into your twenties the gap will be smaller in all ways except calendric.)

And experiences too: people raised like hothouse plants don't do so well out in the fields. An experience that would teach Pierce why I talk the way I do around here would be at least one hitch in any branch of the Armed Forces but the Air Force (their SpecWar specialties excepted -- which would take him beyond the way I go at things). Some people will tell you the military is not for them. Only in a few cases are they right. A military is very much one-size-fits-all, and you will be called upon to adapt. Of course, it's about an equally poor or equally good fit on those all, which is to say there's only a small group for which it's perfect and a larger group who for reasons nearly as varied as the individuals who find it a fit that's close enough. Those two groups are the career military.

That's enough digression upon the digression. We return now to the previous digression... popcorn, popcorn, who's got the airpopped popcorn with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and grated parmesan cheese sprinkled on...?

What, no :Popcorn: in the Smiley window?? Ah, -- and doughnuts with...

Last edited by Urbane Guerrilla; 06-04-2007 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Guess how the board reads colon-small-P?
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:22 PM   #746
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

I'm wasn't the one pathetically attacking someone with all the information I knew about the other. My perspective is valid whether you like it or not, and is held up by many people that are older than both of you. The age card can only work sometimes, but not in this instance because we are talking about philosophy which is purely opinion and I wasn't the one flinging insults around left and right.
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #747
monster

Well I think MASHfreak has a lot going for him. Specifics of the argument aside, he has taken an interest in the topic, questoned and -most importantly- not allowed himself to be beaten down. He may be wrong, he may be right, frankly, I don't care. What he is, is true to himself, not afraid to speak out and not willing to be told "because I said so" by his elders. Many an internet veteran would have slunk away by now.

....And thank goodness he's not my child. (they know their place....)
Old 06-05-2007, 08:13 AM   #748
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

To paraphrase George Carlin, everyone should have a gun that shoots suction cup darts with a flag on the dart that says "asshole". If a cop sees you with three or more flags on your car, you automatically get a ticket.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:18 AM   #749
monster

Quote:
To paraphrase George Carlin, everyone should have a gun that shoots suction cup darts with a flag on the dart that says "asshole". If a cop sees you with three or more flags on your car, you automatically get a ticket.

that'd work.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:41 AM   #750
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

National borders are obviously a limit imposed by government. Does a Mexican have the inalienable right to walk across the border into the US?