The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 01-15-2010, 05:19 PM   #61
squirell nutkin
has a second hand user title

OOOH exercise addicts. I worked for a while in a nautilus club, the reformed heroin addicts were out of their minds. I imagine it takes a lot of endorphins to equal a dime bag.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:04 PM   #62
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

As far as the alcohol, my doctor's are on the side of avoiding it all together, but as you can tell from my New Year's Eve celebration, I don't follow that rule. I will tell you this and CapnHowdy can back me up on it, I'm a cheap drunk! I can be feeling pretty high off 1 good stiff drink but 2 or 3 and I'm dancing off the walls naked! But, I get straight almost just as fast as I got drunk. My body burns off the alcohol really fast especially if I'm up dancing and stuff which makes me drink more to get high again. Yes, you can imagine it can cause a vicious cycle that I really have to keep in check! Plus, I have started putting on a few pounds and it is probably partly caused from the empty calories of the alcohol.

Sugar is my biggest problem! In the beginning my body would 'get drunk' off the alcohol of the sugar products. I could eat a candy bar and be extremely drunk and then have to sleep it off. My mom has literally had to take my car keys away from me several times when I would slip up and eat something really sweet. I have learned to eat sugar in moderation and eat it AFTER a meal that way I'm not eating it on an empty stomach.

I do eat out now occassionally but I promise you, you will never get your money's worth going to a buffet! Some doctors will give you a card that you can show to resturants that explain you have a small pouch for a stomach and some of the resturants will allow you to pay a child's rate. But for me, it's just easier to avoid such places and only go to resturants that offer child sized meals. I have been known to simply order off the appetizer menu.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #63
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

You go girl!

I will finish your plate off at the buffet!

....gets off cellar and hits the gazelle .....
Old 01-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #64
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
I will finish your plate off at the buffet!
That's a euphemism for more honeymoon sex, isn't it?

Quote:
....gets off cellar and hits the gazelle .....
and that.... JUST PACK IT IN WILL YOU ...some of us have been married for 16 years and more....
Old 01-15-2010, 08:43 PM   #65
jujuwwhite
Capnhowdy's #1 smasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
That's a euphemism for more honeymoon sex, isn't it?

actually no, he was being serious. When we went to the Chinese Buffet today, I ate all I could and passed him my plate and he finished it off. (See, we don't always stay in the gutter!)

and that.... JUST PACK IT IN WILL YOU ...some of us have been married for 16 years and more....