The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 06-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #61
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

aliantha's inane chatter : interesting discussion

fire extinguisher : fire
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #62
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Oh right, so the chat police are back.

You must be feeling better about things now then huh?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #63
monster
I hear them call the tide

porridge the way I can make it: yummy breakfast

this thread : life
Old 06-10-2009, 02:15 AM   #64
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Last time I stayed in an English hotel (ie on expenses) I was offered whisky on my porridge. Then again, it was Blackpool. Mad Northerners.

Anyway, the original Modest Proposal is about eating children.
Y'all should be relieved we stuck at porridge.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:17 AM   #65
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

How is it that thread drift is leading to breakfast cereal all of a sudden? Are we hungry?
Old 06-10-2009, 03:30 AM   #66
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Well, I like your hair Ali!

I really don't understand PD's seeming fascination with the Cellar.

I have no desire whatsoever to forge any closer ties (comedic or otherwise) with them. Nice people I'm sure, on the whole, but they blew a storm of shit through our doors the last time they came by and left their psycho troll behind when they left.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:41 AM   #67
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

*sigh*

Arafelis, you're never going to be major league, if this is all you have. You might want to try 4chan, or Fanfiction.com....they're more your speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Wait what? PD feels there is some unfinished business? Or what? Why in the hell do you all care about this so much? I thought we were all pretty much agreed that we all have out good and bad points and the we should NEVER CROSS THE STREAMS? No?
You mean these streams? Oh, whoops. I hope nothing bad will happen.

Exposition: Arafelis here is a new member to PD.com who it seems has been, only semi-successfully trying to stir the the shit. Deciding this was too big a job to do alone, he decided to come here and recruit you be his lackeys in what was probably the most transparent ploy since the CIA's "exploding clam" gambit against Castro.

Naturally, you all saw through it, even if you didn't know the precise backstory.

Personally, I don't care too much per se about the relationship between PD.com and The Cellar (which is probably bad, since I'm an admin. I'm kind of like that cool teacher, who let you slack off in class, or sit where you wanted, in that respect). I come here on the occasions when I'm free and have nothing to do, and no more.

I'm pretty disappointed in Arafelis, actually. Not just because he thought you were all stupid enough to be his flunkies for no apparent reason, but because he also thought we wouldn't find this out. Its a good rule of thumb to not underestimate people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Well, I like your hair Ali!

I really don't understand PD's seeming fascination with the Cellar.

I have no desire whatsoever to forge any closer ties (comedic or otherwise) with them. Nice people I'm sure, on the whole, but they blew a storm of shit through our doors the last time they came by and left their psycho troll behind when they left.
There isn't one. Three or four members still frequent the place on a semi-frequent basis, and AFAIK no-one else cares. As with above, I tend to let them run around and do as they please, so long as its not illegal, but I wouldn't assume this was necessarily an organized or board-wide phenomenon.

What shit was that? The sarfari? And which troll? "We" didn't collectively do anything, if individuals decided to do something, then "we" have little power over them except for the art of persuasion. You may be familiar with the concept of herding cats.
Kaliayev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:25 AM   #68
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

WOW!
Administrator and ALL!
Even lets people sit where they choose!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #69
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Thanks for the info, Kaliayev.

Wait, did arafelis use the same username on both fora? hmmm.

I avoid the troll threads and flame wars, but I think folks are referring to Tiki.

I missed the safari, but I get the impression it was not a great success for either party.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:43 AM   #70
Kaliayev
Magnificent Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
WOW!
Administrator and ALL!
Even lets people sit where they choose!
You'd be surprised how many people I have complain at me, or TGGR, or one of the other three that we should rein users in or stop them [doing that thing which is annoying them]. I know this place is pretty lax in that respect, but I felt it worth pointing out since some people don't seem to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Thanks for the info, Kaliayev.

Wait, did arafelis use the same username on both fora? hmmm.

I avoid the troll threads and flame wars, but I think folks are referring to Tiki.

I missed the safari, but I get the impression it was not a great success for either party.
No problem.

He did indeed. You suspect someone playing games by pretending to be him? He's owned up on both boards, but if that had been the case, I'd be much more impressed with what happened.

Ah. Well I think its a bit harsh referring to her as a troll. Trolling is disruption with intent, and if anything, I would say Lumberjim's continual goading of her was more intentionally disruptive. But YMMV and all that.

It didn't go brilliantly, no.
Kaliayev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #71
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Ah. Well I think its a bit harsh referring to her as a troll. Trolling is disruption with intent, and if anything, I would say Lumberjim's continual goading of her was more intentionally disruptive. But YMMV and all that.
My mileage varies by...well, miles!

It had more to do with the screaming and "fucking off" to anyone with any suggestions or advice. I did reach out to Tiki...until she screamed at a couple more of my friends. I still don't DISLIKE her, but I don't live with that kind of thing IRL (gave it up 6 years ago) and won't live with it on the intrawebz.

Oh yes, I will go off completely, but not at someone who is just trying to help.

FWIW...how do you guys read anything over there? I wanted to actually participate in the forum, give it a shot (I was not a Safari participant) but I can't tell posts from outside quotes from user titles from advertisements (of little boy computer games) from user quotes from pics from animated GIFs. It's really confusing. What was funny was that I read that the cellar has no substance, because we often link to websites as citation or out of interest, or something to that effect. HA! We don't need all the little fillers that are distracting from the words.

But, YMMV.

Oh, and one more question: Are we the Sharks, or are we the Jets? I'm having my costume made.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #72
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Shawnee, you know perfectly well we are the Sholphins.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #73
Shawnee123

Oh yeah! Where the hell am I going to get THAT costume?
Old 06-10-2009, 08:18 AM   #74
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafelis View Post
Hello! I have a proposal to make to the bored.

I've recently joined up with web board over at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com. Now even though I've never posted here before (wink wink, nudge nudge)
Your boy came over here indicating/hinting that he has posted here in the past. Probably under another name. Would anyone here be surprised? Absolutely not.

Oh and Tiki - I'll not bite my tongue this time. I did that before. Fuck her psychobitch ass and the broom she rode in on.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:29 AM   #75
Shawnee123

Yeah, while reading this last night I wondered who this "new" dwellar actually is, in Cellar terms.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark, if'n you axe me.