The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 11-26-2007, 06:47 PM   #61
rkzenrage

I see those that bitch about my not posting an opinion on articles as someone who can't form their own opinion for themselves.
Again and again, "Discussion Forum", if they can't discuss it from their own perspective they have not business griping about the thread.
Just don't post.

Edit:
So funny, when I post my opinion I get all this whining like this thread and when I don't I get different whining "why didn't you post your opinion" LOL!
People just like to whine. It's beneath me.
If you like the topic and have an opinion on it, regardless of your stance on my opinion, post it and discuss it with others... don't like the thread or have an opinion, don't post... it is very simple.
Unless you are just looking for an opportunity to whine and bitch about something that has nothing to do with you... then you will make it something else, right?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #62
jinx
Come on, cat.

So you copy a link right from CNN's home page and its up to everyone else to discuss it?
What do you get out of that?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:56 PM   #63
rkzenrage

Depends on the discussion.
Generally they are things that I see more than one way of looking at and want to see what others think about them, hence "Discussion Forum". Same as any discussion.
My opinion can change about anything if presented with a compelling enough argument.
This used to be a place for logical discussion instead of people freaking out like eight-year-olds the min you post something they don't like, much less disagree with them.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #64
LJ
i am myself

'Discussion Forum' is what you keep calling it.

It is my opinion that the old hats think of it more as an 'internet community'

this is an important distinction that you should take some time to reflect upon.
LJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:02 PM   #65
rkzenrage

.... *reflected*... don't care.
I no longer talk about my personal life, people like you just use it to hurt others because that is who you are.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:07 PM   #66
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
Depends on the discussion.
Generally they are things that I see more than one way of looking at and want to see what others think about them, hence "Discussion Forum". Same as any discussion.
My opinion can change about anything if presented with a compelling enough argument.
This used to be a place for logical discussion instead of people freaking out like eight-year-olds the min you post something they don't like, much less disagree with them.

This line of shit might fly with the newbs, but I've actually read your posts, and know exactly how you respond when people try to discuss things with you. Flint nailed it here.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:09 PM   #67
rkzenrage

Coming from you that is hilarious!
Old 11-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #68
LJ
i am myself

hmmm...somehow that has a very familiar ring to it.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:22 PM   #69
Cloud

I really don't know what to say to you. It seems like you take everything the wrong way, then lash out defensively. I mean, what's the point of putting things out there for discussion if you just piss everyone off? If you are trying to educate and enlighten us on this important topic . . . it's not working.

I'm going to make another (I'm sure, futile) suggestion, with all due respect: Since you have posted threads on this general topic (religion, separation of church and state) in several different "discussion forums," i.e, Politics, Current Events, and Philosophy, would you consider a single thread in which you could post all your related news stories? Voila! Efficient, topical, and continuously updated.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #70
LJ
i am myself

he wouldnt even consider his very own forum. got all twisted up when i suggested that too.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #71
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
I'm going to make another (I'm sure, futile) suggestion, with all due respect: Since you have posted threads on this general topic (religion, separation of church and state) in several different "discussion forums," i.e, Politics, Current Events, and Philosophy, would you consider a single thread in which you could post all your related news stories? Voila! Efficient, topical, and continuously updated.
I'd made that suggestion on page one, but it made him cry.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #72
Cloud

oh well. just a suggestion, anyway.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:41 AM   #73
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
I'd made that suggestion on page one, but it made him cry.
That was my opinion of your post, another whine, since you could not tell.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:45 AM   #74
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
I really don't know what to say to you. It seems like you take everything the wrong way, then lash out defensively. I mean, what's the point of putting things out there for discussion if you just piss everyone off? If you are trying to educate and enlighten us on this important topic . . . it's not working.

If I post a topic and someone gets pissed off about it, it is their own doing, not mine.
Once a topic is posted it belongs to the entire community, not one person, orig poster or not.... as seen by the inability for most here to stay on-topic in any way at all, ever.

I stated earlier why each thread is it's own, you may want to go back and read it instead of tail-posting.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:16 AM   #75
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

I'll tail post (whatever that is) When I clicked on "New Posts" this am The last post in virtually every thread was yours, rkzenrage. How is it possible to have the same opinion on every single thread or issue? Then you go and accuse others as stalking you when you have posted in almost every thread on the board? I can't get away from you in any thread.

Talk about litter? You are posting the same crap everywhere! Hateful and negative everywhere and about everything. Whats the last positive uplifting thing you've posted about? Seriously, Think about it.
And your blah, blah, "its not my fault what you think or read into my posts" cop-out is a lame rebuttal to several very good suggestions. Just create your own thread, post all your stuff there and we'll come visit you from time to time - promise. mmmkay? We'll all do our part to clean up the basement - err Cellar.
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote