The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 03-31-2006, 12:17 PM   #61
thrillhouse
spoonful of bologna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
I feel as though I've been punched in the gut. three years of emotional dependence on him. I'm going to go get a bottle.
bri ~

please PM me. i have much to share in this area of unrequited love. . . and its not pretty.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:24 PM   #62
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

google poets faculty (just like that-poets faculty) and his name pops up and you can EVEN SEE A PICTURE! He's second from left, blue shirt, bald guy.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:15 PM   #63
marichiko

Quote:
Just off the phone with him. CycleFrance, he's in woolwich-? At UEL, teaching English as a visiting professor. He told me he is fucking two different women there-one in her forty's and one in her fifties. HE TOLD ME. Ah. Well. I hung up the phone after saying a cordial goodbye (we talked for a while after he told me) and then I emailed him this: Don't bother contacting me anymore. By the way--if anyone wants to know who he is, PM me and I'll tell you.
Teaching English to the English? Isn't that like taking coal to New Castle?

Anyhow, I know exactly how you feel, Bri! BLECH! Did you ever check out that link I sent you? NO CONTACT is the key. Don't keep e-mailing this reptile or accepting any more calls where he wants to boast about his most recent conquests. I wonder if the two women know about each other? He didn't mention their names did he? You could look up their addresses and e-mail or write them and tell them about each other. THAT would set the cat among the pidgeons!

He's not worth throwing away your sobriety over. DON'T DO IT! He'd love for you to fall apart over him. His type always does. Just like he enjoys inflicting pain on you by telling you about his two most recent lovers. He has no conscience, no remorse, no guilt. He's a smooth con who is clever at sinking his hooks into people. As you have discovered, those hooks have barbs that make them very nasty to remove, but you CAN do it. No contact is the key.

I hate him for you, Bri. REALLY, REALLY HATE HIM!
Old 03-31-2006, 02:27 PM   #64
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

i a v. sad
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Old 03-31-2006, 02:29 PM   #65
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
I feel as though I've been punched in the gut. three years of emotional dependence on him. I'm going to go get a bottle.
Nooo...go get a massage or a facial instead. You will feel so much better, today AND tomorrow.
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:26 PM   #66
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Bri - I am so sorry for all the pain this animal is putting you through Please don't let him take your self respect and sobriety from you too! We are all here for you as you have been for many MANY of us! If there is anything I can do just let me know

Dave
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 04:06 PM   #67
jinx
Come on, cat.

Bri - don't end up in jail over this fuckface. You're better than that.
Old 04-01-2006, 03:16 AM   #68
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Fer chrissakes get a boyfriend.....someone to keep you busy.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:20 AM   #69
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I will protect myself. I hate being vulnerable. This won't happen again. That is the only consolation I have. I've collected up all the stuff he's given to me over the last three years and I'm mailing it to him. Now, should I send it to his wife or send it to where he works?

—James Barrie

Old 04-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #70
marichiko

Quote:
I will protect myself. I hate being vulnerable. This won't happen again. That is the only consolation I have. I've collected up all the stuff he's given to me over the last three years and I'm mailing it to him. Now, should I send it to his wife or send it to where he works?
Bri, make two copies of EVERYTHING, send one set to his wife, the other set to his department chair. Keep one set for yourself and put it in box somewhere in your attic (you never know when you might need them).

I am sure that by now his wife is well aware of his carryings on and just decided to endure them, but if by any chance she is still in denial, those letters will certainly snap her out of it.

I don't know about Ohio, but here in Colorado, colleges and universities have sanctions against professors who become involved with their students. It is HEAVILY frowned on because it can lead to EEO/sexual harassment suits against the institution, itself. When I taught here, we were required to sit through a two hour session with an EEO expert, so that there would be no doubt in our minds what activities were forbidden and what the possible legal consequences are.

This man needs to be stopped from continuing to harm others. He is taking advantage of his position to play fast and lose with his students' well-being. This is just wrong. I'm sure the department chair would be highly interested in those letters.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:09 AM   #71
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
This man needs to be stopped from continuing to harm others. He is taking advantage of his position to play fast and lose with his students' well-being.
Quote:
He told me he is fucking two different women there-one in her forty's and one in her fifties.
Middle-aged coeds? They should have there shit together by now. I'd guess they're seeking something from him to get involved in the first place.....approval?...better grade?....conquest? Who's using whom, here?
Old 04-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #72
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Middle-aged coeds? They should have there shit together by now. I'd guess they're seeking something from him to get involved in the first place.....approval?...better grade?....conquest? Who's using whom, here?
One woman is a "colleague", and I don't know about the other one. I doubt if she is a student. He told me that sometimes these women "stay over" at his flat--spend the night. I am assuming that they do not know one another, but, hell, maybe they do. I don't think he's boffing the two of them together because he could hardly boff me very well. He'd be too worn out. He told me that these women have lives there, in London, and this was just a "for the moment" thing with them; his wife is here in the States, and he is there fucking as much of England as he can before he comes home in June or July. He said, "It's not emotional. I'm not changing my life." Meaning...? What? That I shouldn't be upset, when he comes "home" I will once again have his attention. HA. The only reason he even called me yesterday was because I mentioned to him that my new English prof was very, very hot. I think that disturbed him just a smidgen; like, he had to reassert himself, make sure I was still president of his Fan Club. One of his students on RateMyProf.com said he was the most arrogant, obnoxious, self-loathing, Mr. Burns look-a-likes he'd ever come across. I believe that student was right.

—James Barrie

Old 04-01-2006, 11:33 AM   #73
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

I'm pretty sure I'm going to quit school. I am hopeless. When you are 20 you don't know how dumb you are. I KNOW how dumb I am. It's all very depressing.

—James Barrie

Old 04-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #74
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sure, you don't need school. You could be an Au Pair....or a Pole Dancer....or President of the whole USA.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:24 PM   #75
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
The dude sure used Brianna who WAS one of his students. He didn't even let her know that he was married until he got her hooked in. Then he made noises about leaving his wife which were just noise. You see the state poor Bri is in. She TRUSTED this dude and look what he did to her! The jerk!

There are plenty of women in their forties who go back to college to get their lives back together after a divorce or whatever. These women can be more vulnerable than the 20 year olds if they're still smarting from the end of a 20 marriage and worried about their attractiveness, etc., etc. Perfect prey for Professor Reptilicus.