The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: Do you own a gun?
Yes 27 42.86%
No 36 57.14%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2007, 01:07 AM   #721
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

You guys can't even come up with a counter-point except my grammar and age, and you are calling me immature?

I have more questions for you guys. Why would nature create a right that is intrinsically flawed? You have to kill something else to survive, you can not argue that. Why would nature create that right if you have to break it?

Another question. If we have a right to life why does everyone die? Before you laugh I know that it is usually interpreted as "no one can take your life away from you until nature does". That brings up the contradiction, why would nature make a right that nature always breaks?
piercehawkeye45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:14 AM   #722
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Well you can't mess with the laws of nature pierce. It's part of the great circle of life. (those of you familiar with the lion king wont need any further explanation) The fact that you die has nothing to do with the rights you have when you're alive. Once you're dead you're just worm food, and I doubt worm food has any rights at all, except to be eaten.

If someone kills you then of course they've violated your right. Your right to live.

If you want to know why we all have to die, well, I'd suggest you should probably do a bit of soul searching on that one. Most people ask this question at some stage during their lives.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:16 AM   #723
Aliantha

Just remember also that the word 'right' has a certain conotation and it's different from one person to another.

Maybe living isn't a 'right' as such. Maybe it's just a 'state of being'. Maybe there really isn't a good answer for any of these questions.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:17 AM   #724
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

You do not have the right to kill another person to survive yourself unless that person is trying to kill you. If you are in a plane crash and there's only enough food for one person to survive, you do not have a right to kill the other person.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time trying to tell an ignorant kid like you about rights, when you're too dim to even know what they are despite having it spoon fed to you dozens of times in this thread.

We have the right to life. Part of life is dying naturally (which does not include being murdered)

Life is a natural process. Not only do you not understand natural rights, you don't even understand the process of human life. I can't believe you even got into a weak school like the University of Minnesota. You're not even bright enough for community college.

Your lack of age is only partially responsible for your willful ignorance and glaring stupidity.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #725
Aliantha

Being rude again Radar?
Old 06-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #726
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Well you can't mess with the laws of nature pierce. It's part of the great circle of life. (those of you familiar with the lion king wont need any further explanation) The fact that you die has nothing to do with the rights you have when you're alive. Once you're dead you're just worm food, and I doubt worm food has any rights at all, except to be eaten.
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but to become worm food you have to have your rights violated in the first place. If you do not have your rights violated then the worms starve and have their rights violated.

Quote:
If you want to know why we all have to die, well, I'd suggest you should probably do a bit of soul searching on that one. Most people ask this question at some stage during their lives.
I was not getting into that, it was only an example.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:21 AM   #727
Aliantha

I was not being sarcastic. Everyone dies. That's just part of life.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:25 AM   #728
Radar
Constitutional Scholar

Quote:
Being rude again Radar?
Only to those who richly deserve it and who have done all they can to earn it.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:27 AM   #729
Aliantha

What's the point? It only makes them feel bad (if they need some kind of validation from you). Does it make you feel good?
Old 06-04-2007, 01:38 AM   #730
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
You do not have the right to kill another person to survive yourself unless that person is trying to kill you.
That works only for humans, and this right has to either apply to every animal or no animals to be universal.

Quote:
If you are in a plane crash and there's only enough food for one person to survive, you do not have a right to kill the other person.
I agree with this except the natural right part, we made that up.

Quote:
I don't even know why I'm wasting my time trying to tell an ignorant kid like you about rights, when you're too dim to even know what they are despite having it spoon fed to you dozens of times in this thread.
Umm….I was spoon fed this since I was three and throughout my school years. I, with many other people, just don’t buy into it and see the contradiction with it.

Quote:
We have the right to life. Part of life is dying naturally (which does not include being murdered)
This is a good point that you have finally brought up. This I agree with (except the natural vs. man-mad right thing). Like I said, this right has to apply to every animal or no animals for it to be universal, and you have to kill other animals to survive, which contradicts the right.

Quote:
Life is a natural process. Not only do you not understand natural rights, you don't even understand the process of human life.
I understand it, I just find it funny that we say only nature can take away our natural right to life. I see what your point is though, nature taking away our life is part of the natural life cycle.

Quote:
I can't believe you even got into a weak school like the University of Minnesota. You're not even bright enough for community college.
I know, and I’m actually doing pretty well too. This is all going into civil engineering which is a very tough major.

Quote:
Your lack of age is only partially responsible for your willful ignorance and glaring stupidity.
Pulling out the age card again? But I forgot everyone that disagrees with you is a liar and an idiot.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:42 AM   #731
piercehawkeye45
Franklin Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Only to those who richly deserve it and who have done all they can to earn it.
Ah, thank you for showing me how your personal perspective is universal. Anyone that Radar thinks deserves punishment must deserve punishment.

Why doesn't everyone agree with Radar because he surely knows how everyone should run their lives.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:48 AM   #732
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Being rude again Radar?
It's all he knows. He obviously doesn't know shit about rights.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #733
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
"Now before we can sell you this SUV, we need to see if you can drive it, please come this way..."
A driving course on every car lot? Why would they do it?
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:37 PM   #734
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

i'd settle for intercom systems that would allow us to dial up and bitch out the jerk in front of you that just ran a stop sign to pull out in front of you.... telephone number= lic plate ? something.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:18 PM   #735
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
i'd settle for intercom systems that would allow us to dial up and bitch out the jerk in front of you that just ran a stop sign to pull out in front of you.... telephone number= lic plate ? something.
Isn't that what your gun is for???