Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 03-04-2011, 10:13 AM   #6481
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Hebe is at last happy about her high school choice. Seems like a few of her buddies are making the same choice, so she will have friends there and she'll have no problem making friends with the swim team, I'm sure.
That's great! Im surprised, tho, that they didn't actually work that out beforehand.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #6482
monster
I hear them call the tide

No, they were all IDK until the last minute, and we told her friends is about the only criteria she shouldn't give weight to, because almost everybody changed friends when they go to high school, like as not she won't be in the same classes, and things like FB make it easy to keep in touch anyway. So her decision was made w/o that, it's just an added bonus to find that she's not the only one going to this school and not the only one opting out of their zoned school (this school is zoned for some).

Plus these are not her close buddies. Her close buddies are not currently at the same school as her but will be at her zoned school and on that swim team.

Funnily, one of he closest friends changed her mind again and is not going, but now that Hebe's happy with her choice, this is a non-issue
Old 03-04-2011, 01:04 PM   #6483
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Just another example that raising toddlers takes more energy, but raising teens is harder.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:03 PM   #6484
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

Old 03-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #6485
monster
I hear them call the tide

NSFW

has a few "bad" words....

...but this is what we sing on the way to the bus stop on a Friday morning

Old 03-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #6486
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

You made me totally nostalgic for the NSFW song we used to sing on the way to school... (this was without parents in the vehicle, I should probably add.)

Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #6487
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

I'M GOING HOME TOMORROW!!!

thank god
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #6488
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

I guess i should put this in the buy thread but my new droid phone i bought today is making me happy. .. yeah the first nice thing I've bought myself in a while from my first paycheck back in the i & e field.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:01 AM   #6489
casimendocina
Professor

My cousin messaged last night to say that my auntie had had a heart attack. Luckily it seems that she's ok, has had a couple of stents put in and will be fine to go home soonish. There's a history of heart attacks in the family and this particular aunt is one who seems to carry everyone else's stress without ever fraying at the edges herself. Such relief that this doesn't seem to be long term serious.
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #6490
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

21 Years ago, my son Liam was born. One of the happiest days of my life. Today I am happy he is away at college on his 21st BD.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #6491
Griff
still says videotape

Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #6492
Cloud

'cause I went water aerobicizing this morning! Wonderful workout, and I love, love, LOVE my aqua jogger belt. My fave piece of exercise equipment next to the big ball. Combine it with my handy dandy ipod shuffle in the waterproof headphone set, a close by pool that costs $2 and voila! happy dorky water aerobics. I know it's for fat old grandmas, but I don't care.

I AM a fat old grandma!

my hip has been giving me fits. It's about to go out on me completely, so I'm doing the non-impact water stuff, and trying to lose weight. Also got me some Nordic walkng poles for extra stability, and taking tumeric capsules. This part does not make me happy, tho. A hip replacement would not be fun.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #6493
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I loved aquaerobics (what it was called where I was) which was a proper class with warm-up and cool-down and everthing.
I didn't have all the spangly equipment, but belts and floats and tubes were provided as part of the class, as was the music.

But yes, I did it during the day (when I was signed off sick) so it was full of Grannies. Not that I judged - I was pretty much the fattest person there. But I did put in a huge amount of effort, and was teased gently by the leader for my bright red face.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #6494
Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by plthijinx View Post
I guess i should put this in the buy thread but my new droid phone i bought today is making me happy. .. yeah the first nice thing I've bought myself in a while from my first paycheck back in the i & e field.
Congrats pjinx. That's gotta be a good feeling. Way to rebound!

Talk nerdy to me.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #6495
Pete Zicato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
my hip has been giving me fits. It's about to go out on me completely, so I'm doing the non-impact water stuff, and trying to lose weight. Also got me some Nordic walkng poles for extra stability, and taking tumeric capsules. This part does not make me happy, tho. A hip replacement would not be fun.
Are you seeing a doctor, kiddo? I'm guessing extra calcium and fosomax would also be called for.

Talk nerdy to me.