The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 11-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #631
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Modern dentistry is wonderful! I owe having teeth to it: with all the crap that's happened to my teeth it's a miracle.

But money money money, for sure. My 500 dollar (with insurance) night guard cost me 150 (without insurance) and it's the best investment. It fits on my bottom teeth and keeps my mouth aligned and keeps my teeth apart. Really helps with the bruxism. I can't sleep without it now. I don't want to break my newest caps. I'm hoping they last the rest of my life. *knock on porcelain*
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #632
Big Sarge
Werepandas - lurking in your shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Hmm. Modern dentistry is expensive. $400 for that fancy filling. I think the old mercury ones would have been cheaper. He didn't even give me the option, but I also didn't ask. He's a good guy and I bet he would have given me a mercury filling if I had asked for one.
I had a crown made from amalgam after a tooth broke during my last deployment. it worked great until I got home and had a porcelain crown put on. now it keeps breaking and I have had it replaced 3 times. currently it is just a broken stub
Old 11-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #633
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I am so happy that my dentist is a great friend who barters with me for phenomenal dental care.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #634
Griff
still says videotape

They are very quietly getting the mercury out of everyone's mouth.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:27 PM   #635
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Hmm. Modern dentistry is expensive. $400 for that fancy filling. I think the old mercury ones would have been cheaper. He didn't even give me the option, but I also didn't ask. He's a good guy and I bet he would have given me a mercury filling if I had asked for one.
I'm not so sure. I understand most won't touch that stuff anymore, it's all white. But also, if you had the filling made and popped in, that's an inlay. Same principal as a crown except on the inside. Those are used when the hole is too big for a traditional filling. At least that's what I was told. I wonder if any regular posters are actually dentists who just don't want to admit it? Maybe we could summons Undertoad's Bluebell guy and ask him? (Inlays are also billed differently. Good luck)

Quote:
At least my dental insurance will pick up the lion's share of that $400. They say they pay 90% of filling work, but I think that's based on some approved rate they think a filling should cost, and I bet a downtown DC dentist charges more than their approved rate. We'll see. I predict they will reimburse me in the neighborhood of $275.

Money
Money
Money

It's all about the money.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #636
glatt

I just read the receipt. "Comp resin,3 surf,post"

I don't know what that means, but he kept calling it a filling.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #637
Big Sarge

I'm checking out a new camping spot. It seems pretty nice. I'm also showing a pic of myself for the first time in quite awhile. You can see my hair is almost gone and what's left is gray or white. Anyway, it's a great spot that will keep me warm & dry
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #638
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
I just read the receipt. "Comp resin,3 surf,post"

I don't know what that means, but he kept calling it a filling.
I believe that's composite resin (as opposed to mercury--Griff and monster are right, most dentists simply refuse to do them anymore because the studies are starting to show there are long-term health effects of having a deadly poison in your mouth,) three surfaces (top and two sides, it looks like from your picture,) posterior tooth (as in, a molar.)
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:47 PM   #639
glatt

Hi Sarge! Looks like a cool location.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #640
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Hi Sarge! You're as cool and good-looking a panda as ever. Never mind the hair color - pandas have a lot of white. It comes with experience and wisdom.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #641
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
I believe that's composite resin (as opposed to mercury--Griff and monster are right, most dentists simply refuse to do them anymore because the studies are starting to show there are long-term health effects of having a deadly poison in your mouth,) three surfaces (top and two sides, it looks like from your picture,) posterior tooth (as in, a molar.)
medical coding much, clod?
Old 11-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #642
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Hi Sarge! Looks like a cool location.
Yeah, nice man!
Old 11-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #643
Big Sarge

After I have Thanksgiving on Friday with my father & kids, I'm headed out to try it overnight. I think a fire will keep me plenty warm. I think the rocks will take some getting use to. At least I have a good sleeping bag pad (insulated)
Old 11-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #644
glatt

A pad will keep you warm on those cold rocks, and you should be able to find a nice dry spot somewhere under that nice overhang. But with all that thick green moss on some of the rocks, you can see that water likes to trickle through some of the area. Some spots should be dry though.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #645
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

Be sure to carry along one or more eviction tools to deal with any grumpy tenants.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote