Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-18-2004, 10:13 AM   #46
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
3) Is there no difference between Kerry and George Jr? Would Kerry (or most any other politican for that matter) sit on his ass waiting for someone to tell him what to do while America was being attacked?
Let it go man, let it go.

The only difference in response between Bush and Kerry would have been that Kerry would have covered his ass better while getting to the phone for instructions.

They are both political puppets, and as long as the American voter remains in the dark about that we will end up with the same situation in pertuitum.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:35 PM   #47
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
Let it go man, let it go.

The only difference in response between Bush and Kerry would have been that Kerry would have covered his ass better while getting to the phone for instructions.
Any responsible politician would have done more than George Jr. Last thing he was told was that America was under attack. He just sat there for seven minutes. He did not even ask a single question for seven minutes. Even a College Student would not have been so pathetic. So America is under attack. There was nothing actionable - as Rice is so found of saying? Please name me one other president who would have just sat there - and never asked another question. Not even Nixon was that despicable.

I have been denying this for some years now. However I cannot ignore this fact any longer. George Jr does not make decisions. He is either told or manipulated as to what to decide by his political officers. Numerous people who instead come from where the work gets done have been suggesting this for some time now. George Jr was sitting there waiting for his people to tell him what to do. That is the most likely reason why he sat there for seven minutes just waiting. And this is the most damning part: not asking a single question for seven minutes. Name me another politician who would be so mentally deificent as to just sit there? I cannot think of any other than maybe Dan Quayle.

There is no way around this fact. He was told that America is under attack. He did nothing. He asked not one question. No wonder he just knew those aluminum tubes must have been for weapons of mass destruction. No wonder he let events get so out of hand that we almost had a shooting war with China over a silly spy plane. No wonder the Norwegian foreign minister immediately predicted that George Jr would subvert the Oslo Accords. He just sat there because he did not know what to do or what to ask. Damning exposure into how this mental midget president - god's choosen one - actually thinks. Even Nixon would not have just sat there. Even Nixon would have been asking questions.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:41 PM   #48
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's stupid self-indulgence to only talk about seven minutes following the attack and to avoid the following seven days and seven months, in which the Pres acted in ways that 90% of the public reacted with a deep "hell yeah" no matter which political party they were in.

I am convinced that he would not have gotten such a "hell yeah" if he had treated 9/11 as a law enforcement problem and, for example, gone and asked the UN whether they would patiently ask the Taliban to turn over bin Laden.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 08:42 PM   #49
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad
It's stupid self-indulgence to only talk about seven minutes following the attack and to avoid the following seven days and seven months, in which the Pres acted in ways that 90% of the public reacted with a deep "hell yeah" no matter which political party they were in.
So why is bin Laden running free? George Jr ordered the US military to stop going after him. Again seven minutes of intelligent action appears in other decisions by this president. Bin Laden - and clearly not Saddam Hussein - is America's #1 enemy. So when will the mental midget president order even one division to go get bin Laden? Even when bin Laden was cornered in Tora Bora, and even with the 10th Mountain division in country, still the president never once sent even one division to go get bin Laden. Was that another seven minutes just like in that FL classroom?

Instead George Jr ordered Central Command to execute plans to invade Iraq. Only months after the WTC was attacked and with bin Laden still not captured, instead, the president must have spent a whole seven minutes to decide that Saddam was a greater threat - facts be damned.

Those seven minutes in a FL classroom are consistent with other seven minute decisions. Well he only spent a few embarrassing minutes on national TV futilely trying to decide if he had even made a single mistake. So yes, sometimes he does spent less than seven minutes on a decision - and comes up empty handed. It took him seven minutes after being told America was currently under attack to decide to stand up in that FL classroom. Seven minutes and we still don't know if he asked even one question while America was under attack.

"It's stupid self-indulgence to only" think we are discussing those seven classroom minutes, UT. In previous posts, did we mention other major decisions 'supposidely' by this president. Ie. letting a crisis go so critical as to risk a shooting war with China (thank you Colin Powell for finally taking charge). To outrightly pervert the Oslo Accords by doing the same thing he did for seven minutes in a FL classroom. To spend a whole seven minutes in a meeting on counter terrorism before 11 September. Oh! He never did that, did he. He never once convened a meeting on terrorism even with a 6 Aug PDB on his desk saying an attack was immenent. Was that another command decision on George Jr's part?

His previous command decisions take the mystery out of what he was thinking for those seven minutes - such as "Who's in charge?" How dumb can one be to give this president any credence. It is self-indulgent to question my post when this president did nothing to defend America under attack. It is anti-American to suggest a president can or should do nothing - not even ask a question - when told America is under attack. Shame on UT for not openly criticizing this president for doing nothing to defend America - for not even asking one question. But then this is the same president who let bin Laden run free and invented Weapons of Mass Destruction when major American intelligence agencies could not find same. UT does not criticize the mental midget president for those decisions either. However he too was so sure those aluminum tubes were for WMD production even after all facts said definitely otherwise.

My posts have become more critical of George Jr with each new years and with more facts. Each year brings more layers of incompetance by this president - who even tried to quash the 9/11 Commission. I don't see UT openly criticizing him for that act either. It takes great Americans such as the Jersey Girls to rise up and confront presidents who also take seven minutes in a FL classroom while America is under attack.
With knowledge necessary to thwart that attack, **including the 6 Aug PDB that said an attack is immenent**, instead this president took seven minutes to contemplate? Right. Is Mickey Mouse really the US president?

Those seven minutes in a FL classroom explain why America has done so badly this past three years. Economy remains lackluster with indications that the economy will only get worse. American credibility around the world is so poor that Americans avoid admitting they are Americans. We have tapped out the military, blown a budget surplus into the largest debt in history, spent $billions on a useless missile defense system that does not work, and are even perverting space science so that George Jr can say he sent a man to Mars. Stifled science including innovations in energy reducing technologies. But he does promote religion in the schools. That must account for something positive.

Due to total mismanagement at the White House level, if four more planes had been hijacked, then US Air Force fighter pilots still had no authorization to defend America. George Jr never even authorized the military to go 'weapons free'. Please cite just one thing the George Jr administration did that could have defended America from the 11 September attackers? Should I expect seven minutes of silence in honor of this president?

Yes, I have been reading more insider accounts which is why my attitude and tone have changed again even more sharply concerning the mental competance of this president. I suspect George Jr does not make the decisions which is why he sat there in the chair for seven minutes while America was under attack. Which is why he needed Cheney at his side to testify before the 9/11 Commission. Those decisions apparently are made by political White House people - America be damned. Seven minutes in a FL elementary school demonstrate how White House leadership works, why we have undermined our relations with virtually every nation in the world, why science is perverted, why this nation's top anti-terrorism people were driven from government, why the 9/11 Commission was opposed, why we have record debts, and why even electricity production in Iraq still cannot maintain what Saddam provided Iraqis in only one month after Desert Storm. This president cannot even get the electricity working in Iraq let alone get up from a chair in FL to ask some important and necessary questions. He is no doubt a mentally deficent president supported by people, even in the Cellar, who are in denial.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote