The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-14-2004, 10:50 PM   #46
mrnoodle
bent

On Miami Vice, Don Johnson used to wear a pink t-shirt under a white coat. I was 15 years old and tried to do the same thing, with a red t-shirt I had bleached out for the purpose.

I learn lessons on the first go-round. Don't need another.
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:54 PM   #47
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

You should get the band back togethor and name it Massive Hetero Wave.

Wrong Door Interaction will open for them!

Incident #4: Was hanging out at the same bar one Saturday night. It was closing time, and people were leaving. Lesbian and her girlfriend (or friend for the night) walked past, and one of them lightly touched my butt. I turned around, shocked, and she winked at me. (whoa!). I could only laugh, because I was taken off guard. Then I was thinking, "Hell, why can't a MAN do that?!?!?!"

Because they know that in today's society, best case scenario they're probably getting slapped, and worst case their ass would be in prison. Probably getting more than "lightly touched."

men in pink (salmnon whatever!) shirts are SO SEXY!
brown hair, buff body,tanned skin, pink shirt.. drool!

Oh dear. Though not in the physically repulsive direction, that's still a pretty far opposite from sexy to me.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:08 PM   #48
Brigliadore
stays crispy in milk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Sparkz
why bother being a lesbian if your gonna go out with some chick that looks/ acts like a guy anyway... whats the point?
Growing up my mom had many couple friends that were lesbian and gay. I started to notice a distinct pattern in almost all of them. In a relationship there is alway a man and a woman. The gay couples she knew always consisted of a flaming gay man and a less detectable gay partner. The lesbian couples were the same, always one butch woman and one "normal" woman. So I think that is the reason some of them are more butch, because someone has to be the masculine part of the relationship.

Edit: Fixed a mistake. Couldn't say all when it wasn't.

Last edited by Brigliadore; 04-15-2004 at 12:45 AM.
Brigliadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:22 PM   #49
blue
Operations Operative

Wrong Door Interaction will open for them

My, what a wonderful and twisted memory you have, ;-)

Quote:
that's still a pretty far opposite from sexy to me
Thank you, I was thinking the same damn thing....glad one of us had the balls to say it.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:23 PM   #50
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

but if your attracted to WOMEN, wouldnt that make you less atracted to women who look like men? wouldnt you be attracted to women that look like women?

Are there any guys out there who are attracted to masculine women? If so, does this make anyone around them suspicious that they are gay?

I know this girl who is very masculine, and i admit, sometimes... she is attractive to me. but only for her masculine qualities. because i like men. i just dont get it.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:36 PM   #51
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

sun, you make a no lesbian joke promise very difficult to keep.

My theory in answer to your question:

I totally understand the bull dyke. She is a manly woman. physically female, mentally male. born gay.

the lipstick lesbian that likes the butch learned it. Something happened to make her distrust and.or fear men, so she turns to a woman that resembles a man. physically attracted to men, mentally attracted to women.

i understand that this is a broad generalization, but I think that it may be likely in many cases. or something.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 12:43 AM   #52
Brigliadore
stays crispy in milk

Quote:
but if your attracted to WOMEN, wouldnt that make you less atracted to women who look like men? wouldnt you be attracted to women that look like women?
Having never been a lesbian, I cant answer why it works that way. I just know that out of about 20 Gay/Lesbian couples I was around growing up, all but 2 had a very obvious masculine member and a very obvious feminine member of the couple. Maybe you could argue that being Gay is out of the natural order of things and having a feminine and masculine member of the couple is natures way of trying to balance it some how. I don't believe that but I am sure someone, somewhere does.

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
Something happened to make her distrust and.or fear men, so she turns to a woman that resembles a man. physically attracted to men, mentally attracted to women.

i understand that this is a broad generalization, but I think that it may be likely in many cases. or something.
I don't know if it is likely in "many cases", but I am sure its the case in a few situations.
How does that theory work on a Male couple? Where one is flaming gay and the other is just a average acting male. What makes the average "likes to watch sports" male attracted to the very feminine male? I don't know that I can buy that some woman made him distrust and fear women and so he turned to a man.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:49 AM   #53
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

yeah, who knows.....

I don;t have any gay friends that I know of, or I'd ask them.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:08 AM   #54
Sun_Sparkz
Has Body Temperature

but i suppose, sometimes I can be attracted to femine acting men. And i am sure most women have been attracted to a gay man at one stage.

but... do hetero males often get attracted to masculine women?

and does the male 'lesbian fantasy' still hold up if one of the lesbians are masculine?

Old 04-15-2004, 01:21 AM   #55
JeepNGeorge
Hand-of-Kindness Extender

I've hit on lesbians does that count?

Hell I even dated one, and it's quite an odd feeling to walk into a room at a party and see the girl you brought going down on another girl. I mean yeah part of you wants to go cool wheres the video camera, or say something like mind if I cut in. Then you think WTF. Why am I not the one under the tounge right now. (she did make amends by hooking me up with her straight friend that night, but that still doesn't count).

She turned into the butch type, but wasn't so much at the time I knew her. So hopefully that doesn't mean I have repressed feelings or anything.

I do have people think I'm gay. Maybe it's because I'm 30 and unmarried. Or maybe it's because I walk around and freak the guys at work out by slapping them on the ass and saying 'good game man'. I mean that's not gay is it. All the sports stars do it right?

I'm the cut-up at work so everybody knows me. For fun they told the new guy that I really was gay and he is a homophobe deluxe. I always make it a point to wave at him as I'm walking by and he won't even look at me. I walked into his work area and he had his back to me and when I spoke I swear he almost crapped himself. Dropped a 4 foot 2x4 he was carrying (I was 5 foot away ) and just looked at it and me and then finally grabbed it again in a sturdy grip.

When this rumour had grown out of my control I started to play it up. I mean what better job protection do you have in a turbulent job market then to become a minority. I can't change my ethinicity, but sexual orientation is cool. I started asking some of the guys about anal sex. I mean if you do that with a woman doesn't that make you gay? I mean a hole is a hole right? If you had anal sex with a woman, would you have it with a man if I gave you 20 million dollars and noboy knew? I think some of them do think I'm gay now. And some of them know the truth and know that I'm just not right in the head and will do anything for a laugh.

It is wierd though that I don't tend to post much, but here I am posting a short novella about people thinking I'm gay.

Really I'm not gay, Not that theres anything wrong with that.
JeepNGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:21 AM   #56
Brigliadore
stays crispy in milk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun_Sparkz but i suppose, sometimes I can be attracted to femine acting men. And i am sure most women have been attracted to a gay man at one stage.
Being attracted to a man is normal for a straight woman. Yes it may be a gay man, but physically its still a man. I have been attracted to gay men, but it was a physical attraction as in "my god that is a good looking man" and nothing more. The friends I have had that were gay were more like girlfriend to me then men. After hanging out with them a few times any attraction was gone, because they act like women.

Quote:
but... do hetero males often get attracted to masculine women?
Often? I don't think so, but it does happen. Maybe they see something in a masculine woman that they are missing. Maybe they like someone else being in charge. There could be a million reasons why a man would be attracted to a woman who is masculine.

Quote:
and does the male 'lesbian fantasy' still hold up if one of the lesbians are masculine?

Don't know the answer to that one. I'm not a man so the lesbian fantasy thing goes right over my head regardless if its two hot chicks or a hot chick and a dike. LumberJim, perhaps you could answer this part of the questions.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:33 AM   #57
mrnoodle
bent

And there's a female version: it's becoming quite the fad among younger women to watch 2 guys make out. Not the leather-and-fisting ass-pirate stuff, just kissing. My nephew's friend revealed this to me just the other day.
mrnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 01:48 AM   #58
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

nope. dykes are out. ...when i think dyke, i have a walking fireplug in my mind. crew cut, big wristwatch, boots, sleeves rolled up. not sexy. dont want to see her nekked. no thanks. um...no.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:27 AM   #59
staceyv
Lecturer

there's this girl i work with who is bisexual. she just had a baby and she's a little calmer now, but when she was single and when she was dating her husband, she was always trying to get me to do a threesome with her. it totally turned me off. i told her that i have no interest in other women like that, but she still asked me a few more times after that. yuck.
sometimes i feel like i'm the only woman who hasn't messed around with another girl. i just don't get it. i am very liberal and willing to try new, fun things sexually, but screwing around with a chick ISN'T one of them!....
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 08:08 AM   #60
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I don't think I could make out with another guy even if it was gonna turn on some babe to the point where she'd want me.

BUT

I could do it if I was on stage and I was acting.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote