The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 06-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #46
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage
My wife knows better... I refuse to let those bother me.
Once an apology has been accepted, the deed is dead, period, end of story.
If someone throws something up in my face that they have accepted an apology for it is a game and is to be treated as such, nothing more.
And what if you haven't apologized because you didn't even know it happened?
They remember every slight, real and imagined, and don't always say something at the time, but quietly slide it into their quiver.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:40 PM   #47
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
They remember every slight, real and imagined, and don't always say something at the time, but quietly slide it into their quiver.
Very poetic...
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:30 AM   #48
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

Just a quick question here - Why can't women hear what we actually say instead of what they think we said? I hate to be chauvinistic, and maybe its cause I've only had realationships with women since I'm straight, but it really bugs me when I say one thing and something completely different is heard.
Is it me, women, SO's in general or what?
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #49
MsSparkie
Curious Sagittarius

What we desired from a man:

I wanted to be cherished and adored.

I wanted to feel his strength and masculinity.

I wanted a great lover who loves to please me.

I wanted to feel respected.

I wanted to be gathered up in his strong arms.

I wanted him to tell me what he's feeling.

I wanted him to feel like I'm the best thing in his life.

I wanted him to love me with all his heart.

I just watched Brokeback Mountain and found it interesting. Didn't find any solutions. They acted like a normal hetro couple....same problems. LOL

It's like getting a dog or goldfish. You know what they can and cannot do. A man seems fairly limited, not as much as a goldfish maybe....but still....
Actually they may be more like a cat than a dog even.....aloof, never owned, taking what they need and not offering a lot in return.

NO, NOT EVERY MAN!!! I KNOW....I KNOW......

LOL

I believe they are only truly happy when out with guys doing guy stuff.

The rest is just a necessary evil to them, with maid service.

I apologize to any man here who is a loving, giving man.....very few and far between. JMHO.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2006, 03:07 PM   #50
rkzenrage

Quote:
And what if you haven't apologized because you didn't even know it happened?
Then it's not my problem.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:07 PM   #51
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You wanted the romance novel man, but when he acted like a real man you ridiculed him and emasculated him.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:15 PM   #52
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman065
Just a quick question here - Why can't women hear what we actually say instead of what they think we said? I hate to be chauvinistic, and maybe its cause I've only had realationships with women since I'm straight, but it really bugs me when I say one thing and something completely different is heard.
Is it me, women, SO's in general or what?
Man, I cannot tell you how many times I have said "... but what did I actually say? Because, what I actually said is what I mean, always. Putting words in my mouth pisses-me-OFF!" Does she hear it? What do you think?
I communicate and tell exactly how I feel... having it complicated and twisted is a game to me.
What I say is what I mean.
If I am going to lie, I would do it anyway... acting like everything I say is a lie is not going to trick it out of me. It is just going to make me not trust you & not want to say a damn thing to you, ever.
As for my wife, she has actually gotten a lot better recently... it has taken a long time. She still lapses though. If you don't trust him, why be with him? Don't get it.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:16 PM   #53
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Quote:
I know for me, the reason that this happens is that I HATE confrontations. I try to have everyone like me, so if I am upset, I might just let it slide. Lately, I have been trying to let people know when they upset me - especially my BF. I think that the reason that things are brought up out of the blue is because even if you don't say anything, you might still think about it - especially if it is done over and over until you just can't take it anymore.

(That is probably just me though)
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #54
rkzenrage

Then it does not slide... it lies in wait.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #55
MsSparkie
Curious Sagittarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad

You wanted the romance novel man, but when he acted like a real man you ridiculed him and emasculated him.

Yes. I did that with my last relationship. He took the brunt of my frustration with men, and I took the brunt of his frustration with women and life. He told me so.

Now we are both apart and too stubborn to make the move. So we will never meet again.

This one was for the gipper, I guess. We both have tried so hard with others, you just have to smash the glass sometimes and suffer the consequences.

He is on my mind every day. But he is the toughest son of a b*tch I've ever met and I'm not sure where his head is at these days.....I know he refuses to take his anti-depressents and it shows.

But you try to play it their way.....meet them in the ring....go a few rounds with them without being knocked out.....they get mad.

Then it's over.

You have to be the weak one, the fool. Then they have won. But once they win, they lose interest.

So what does a woman do with a strong macho man? I prefer them to others.....not a true bad boy, but a real man.

I do love men.

It seems it's a fool's game.

For now, I'm on the bench.

LOL

:-(

LOL

Golden.....I commisserate with you. I commisserate with him. There are 2 sides to every story. We just don't know how to play nicely together. Damn!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:41 PM   #56
Ibby
erika

Man, I've just decided "If y'can't beat 'em join 'em". I'm just as bad (or just as good at, depending on how you look at it) as my girlfriend at that whole twisting words thing and stuff. Its kinda funny that I act more like a girl than a guy when it comes to relationships, sometimes. I'm still whipped like you would not believe, though...
Old 07-03-2006, 08:55 PM   #57
MsSparkie
Curious Sagittarius

I always said this: put estrogen in the water supply along with the flouride; soften up the men, stop wars.....if they grow breasts so be it, they can play with them.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #58
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

lol
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:01 PM   #59
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSparkie
What we desired from a man:
I wanted
I wanted
I wanted
I wanted
I wanted
I wanted
I wanted
I wanted
What did he want?
Old 07-04-2006, 02:43 AM   #60
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSparkie
Yes. I did that with my last relationship. He took the brunt of my frustration with men, and I took the brunt of his frustration with women and life. He told me so.

Now we are both apart and too stubborn to make the move. So we will never meet again.

This one was for the gipper, I guess. We both have tried so hard with others, you just have to smash the glass sometimes and suffer the consequences.

He is on my mind every day. But he is the toughest son of a b*tch I've ever met and I'm not sure where his head is at these days.....I know he refuses to take his anti-depressents and it shows.

But you try to play it their way.....meet them in the ring....go a few rounds with them without being knocked out.....they get mad.

Then it's over.

You have to be the weak one, the fool. Then they have won. But once they win, they lose interest.

So what does a woman do with a strong macho man? I prefer them to others.....not a true bad boy, but a real man.

I do love men.

It seems it's a fool's game.

For now, I'm on the bench.

LOL

LOL

Golden.....I commisserate with you. I commisserate with him. There are 2 sides to every story. We just don't know how to play nicely together. Damn!
She has to be willing not to be let in.
Basically it is a relationship with a stranger.