The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 08-12-2004, 11:41 AM   #46
lookout123
changed his status to single

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC
"happy? friendly? i don't know - you've really piqued my curiosity, now. give us a hint."

....slippery?
:thumpsup:
Old 08-12-2004, 11:50 AM   #47
marichiko

5'6'' and 150lb. Yuck! I've never been this heavy in my life - usually I weigh in at around 130. Need to hit the old walking trails again. Maybe get myself another Corgi for inspiration.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:06 PM   #48
lookout123

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Maybe get myself another Corgi for inspiration.
Corgi? aren't they kind of gamey? maybe a nice cheesecake would be more inspiring.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:23 PM   #49
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123
Corgi? aren't they kind of gamey? maybe a nice cheesecake would be more inspiring.
They are very "gamey." Corgi's are the most playful little dogs ever and make wonderful companions. My last one was a champion walker despite his short legs. Cheesecake is all I need to make it to a whopping 160 - double yuck!
Old 08-12-2004, 12:27 PM   #50
lookout123

Quote:
They are very "gamey." Corgi's are the most playful little dogs ever and make wonderful companions. My last one was a champion walker despite his short legs. Cheesecake is all I need to make it to a whopping 160 - double yuck!

i know i was just kidding about the corgi. i meant use the cheesecake (read whatever food you view as a reward) as something to be earned. if you work hard enough to get to x lbs then you deserve x prize. the most important thing in any effort we make is that we have rewards (even if they are small) waiting at several milemarkers between where you are and the goal you are trying to achieve.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:50 PM   #51
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Lookout, you're right about giving yourself an incentive to get to a certain point. For each 5 pounds I've lost so far on my WW Program, I purchase myself one silver charm for my charm bracelet. It's awfully sparkly now - and I love it. Each time I look at it, I remind myself of how far I've come. (And I have fun explaining each charm to people who ask....there's a stick of butter (.25 pounds), a bag of flour (5 pounds), and a bar of chocolate (the calorie free kind I can actually have around!)

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 12:50 PM   #52
lookout123

good going dagney
Old 08-12-2004, 12:56 PM   #53
marichiko

Hooray for you, Dagny! A Corgi would be both my incentive AND my reward. Cardigan Corgi's are big dogs in a small package, and they need to be exercised. A Corgi would be a constant reminder to stay with my exercise program, and the doggie love I'd get in return would be the reward!
Old 08-12-2004, 06:07 PM   #54
beavis
butthead died

male, 6' 2" 220 lbs.

i blame beer for my girth.

beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 06:51 PM   #55
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagney
Lookout, you're right about giving yourself an incentive to get to a certain point. For each 5 pounds I've lost so far on my WW Program, I purchase myself one silver charm for my charm bracelet. It's awfully sparkly now - and I love it. Each time I look at it, I remind myself of how far I've come. (And I have fun explaining each charm to people who ask....there's a stick of butter (.25 pounds), a bag of flour (5 pounds), and a bar of chocolate (the calorie free kind I can actually have around!)
That's a very cool idea! I like it! :thumpsup:
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 08:58 PM   #56
Dagney
The Prodigal Brat Returneth

Quote:
Hooray for you, Dagny!
Woohoo, you spell it the right way!

Read Rand often?

Dagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 07:02 AM   #57
Griff
still says videotape

5'9" 175 I've been heavier, but I've never been this out of shape a week before a 150 mile bike ride. That saddle is gonna cut me right in half.

Way to go Dagny!

Radar, the only way I've ever been able to ditch belly fat is through cycling and it's still the last thing to go. good luck bro.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:55 PM   #58
Tomas Rueda
Master of the Domain

I'm male (D'oh ) 5'7-8 and I weight (drumroll) 117lb.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:21 PM   #59
breakingnews
Q_Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff
5'9" 175 I've been heavier, but I've never been this out of shape a week before a 150 mile bike ride. That saddle is gonna cut me right in half.

Way to go Dagny!

Radar, the only way I've ever been able to ditch belly fat is through cycling and it's still the last thing to go. good luck bro.
Almost my measurements too, g.

What I do like is that I carry most of the weight up top - broad shoulders, thick chest, lil' bit of a spare tire ... not much on the waist, fortunately. But it's probably because now I cycle all the time, rather than lifting and running all the time back in my tennis and track days.

And 150 miles makes me want to vomit. I rode 60 last weekend and totally bonked ... just not the same riding laps around central park versus the mountainous regions of central NJ.
breakingnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 01:49 PM   #60
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingnews
Almost my measurements too, g.

What I do like is that I carry most of the weight up top - broad shoulders, thick chest, lil' bit of a spare tire ... not much on the waist, fortunately. But it's probably because now I cycle all the time, rather than lifting and running all the time back in my tennis and track days.

And 150 miles makes me want to vomit. I rode 60 last weekend and totally bonked ... just not the same riding laps around central park versus the mountainous regions of central NJ.
I'm carrying some waste around the waist but we'll take it slow. It'll be 100 miles Saturday followed by 50 Sunday. It's a charity thing so all I have to do is rein in the competitive nature... I'm so screwed.