The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 05-22-2005, 12:53 AM   #46
staceyv
Lecturer

:stickingtongueout:
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 09:15 PM   #47
Lady Sidhe
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
There's always Nat Sherman cigarettes.

Nat Shermans are the best cigarettes out there, IMO. They're $5 a pack, but they are SO worth it. They have nothing in them except tobacco, so if you don't keep puffing, they go out. When you relight them, they don't taste stale at all, and if you get the Fantasias, it's like smoking dessert cigarettes....yummy.

Sidhe

Someday I want to be rich. Some people get so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich I want to be.
-Rita Rudner

Lady Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 09:44 AM   #48
cowhead
halve your cake and eat it too.

like I said american spirits... on a side note though... sorry about ever bringing up the schmegma thing!... you can get a 6$ carton from american spirit.. 'a sample assortment' as such, if you like I can get you the URL.. or type in american spirits/ santa fe tobbacco into your search engine...
Old 05-23-2005, 09:46 AM   #49
cowhead

and quitting smoking sucks.. it was one of the most painfull things I've done in a long time (other than quitting the drugs ) and I'm staring down the barrell of doing that again this summer... this time for real.. maybe I'll do that magical 'filling out' thing finally!

lean like a jaguar! *hand raking motion*
Old 05-23-2005, 10:21 AM   #50
mrnoodle
bent

I smoke the American Spirits in the blue box. Well I take em out of the box. But the box they come from is blue. Takes more work to smoke one...I bummed a Marlboro Light from a friend, and on my first drag I killed a quarter of it.

I actually didn't smoke at all yesterday, and only missed it for about five minutes, I was so busy. I've gotten to the point where I only smoke about half of one. May quit for good soon...I didn't seem to notice any physical withdrawal symptoms at all yesterday. It might be easier than I think now that I'm down to half a cigarette 4 times a day.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:31 AM   #51
cowhead

cool. I need to do that soon.. and spend less time here there was a time when 4 cigarettes a day did the trick... then again I cared more then.. i suppose it's a psychological thing.. tangent much? anyway, good luck if you want to quit! more power to you! YO! okay.. really I need to sleep
Old 05-23-2005, 11:54 PM   #52
wolf
lobber of scimitars

noodle, switch to the yellow box next ... then if you can find them, yellow and whites.

I just checked their webpage and there are a lot more varieties than I knew about ... I'm going to have to check the local high end tobacconist for them, rather than relying on the 7-11.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:31 AM   #53
cowhead

the ultra-lights bleargh! if you're going to smoke those just quit

mmm the blacks and crimsons.. yowch! smoky yummy death!

actually if you can deal with it roll your own american spirits are the way to go. 4.20 for basically 2 packs worth of tobacco... just an opinion
Old 05-24-2005, 09:40 AM   #54
mrnoodle
bent

they have the black ones at the smoke shop across the street. Perique tobacco, supposedly. Yah I like those. They smell like you're smoking a pipe. And the blues seem like lights afterwards.

But screw all of it. I don't need that expense. Just as soon as I can compose myself for a run at cold-turkey, I'm going to. It'll mean quitting a couple other bad habits as well, since they really trigger the craving. But when I'm 70, my body will thank me all around.

***TMI alert***

It's funny, when I was 20 I couldn't imagine still wanting to live at 70. You know what actually changed my mind about it? I heard my parents having sex the other morning. In the old days I would've run screaming from the state and gone into seclusion on a mountain somewhere after sawing my ears off with a spork. But this time there was something kinda life-affirming about it. Maybe old people still have fun. At any rate, it actually made me smile a little bit on my way out to work, and I realized that I probably would still want life at age X as much as I do now.

So maybe I'll quit. I hope I remember to try this summer.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:04 PM   #55
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

I have every episode of Red Dwarf...

And when I do smoke, I smoke "sweet dreams" vanilla or cherry (about $5.00 a pack, not available in a carton). I've had total strangers come up and ask what I'm smoking because it smells so freaking good. And these are not cigarillos or whatever. Really cigarettes.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:08 AM   #56
cowhead

t's funny, when I was 20 I couldn't imagine still wanting to live at 70. You know what actually changed my mind about it?

and yeah.. life affirming .. makes me want to live alittle longer.. the downside being I have no one to shack up with... my highschool g/f is long gone.. my 4 ex fiances.. gone.. and I'm getting olde so... what me and my guitars? sure (oh damn mrnoodle I have to send you a song) but uh... we're not bearing offspring! then again that's probabaly best.. let the dumb folks breed.. as they will inherent the earth.. not to piss off any cellerites who have bred (I'm just jealous and too picky.. and no! I didn't mean that like that!)

Last edited by cowhead; 05-25-2005 at 03:09 AM. Reason: still can't spell... hmmm 3:00 in the morning? duh!
cowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 03:11 AM   #57
cowhead

oh... yeah I'm actaully going to take a run at quit smoking this summer.. which sucks.. as I'm smoking right now... anyway! be strong! we can bitch at eachother! gimmie a date and I'll aim towards it..
Old 05-25-2005, 08:37 AM   #58
kerosene
Touring the facilities

I've quit a few times and tried numerous other methods for trying to "trick" myself into quitting or smoking less. None of them work. I figure with the life expectancy rate in my family, I probably won't live much past 60, anyway.

I don't like smoking anything but menthols. It's nice, because people always think twice before bumming one off me. Of course, there are those people who get drunk and smoke half my pack, but hey, man, I guess it's alright. I tried smoking bedes in the past (they are those cigarettes that are wrapped in leaves and I have no clue what's in them). I didn't like them too much. Cloves are nice, but give me an oily throat feeling afterwards. Regular cigarettes taste nasty in comparison to menthols, so I avoid those, too. Now, if I could only quit smoking those! I use to roll my own with this tobacco I got from Smoker Friendly. It saved quite a bit of money, since it is cheaper and I wasn't as motivated to smoke all the time if I had to roll a cigarette. I haven't seen a Smoker Friendly in Kansas, though. I wonder if there is a similar operation somewhere around here.
kerosene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #59
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Cloves are supposed to have like double the cancer in them.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #60
staceyv
Lecturer

just in case you missed this part of the thread:THIS is the easiest way to quit smoking, without withdrawal.
I've already gone down from .7 mg nicotine per cigarette to .4 mg. And I could hardly tell the difference! Now the .4's taste strong to me!
I't really easy to do little steps like this.

And if you can go from .7 mg nicotine per cig to .4, then it's just as easy to go down to .1 mg.

And if you give yourself time to adjust to the .1's, you'll hardly miss that amount of nicotine when you quit. Try it guys!

I've been smoking for 14 years, a pack a day, and I think this method is what will save me!
staceyv is offline   Reply With Quote