Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 02-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #46
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
but see the problem is that we can only assume that obama is a motherfucker because he is a politician, whereas we know hillary is a bitch because we've been watching her for 16 years.
Right. AND we know that McCain is a motherfucker, B. Clinton, Reagan, Bush and Bush, jr. are, too (yet all were elected despite this) and every single man involved in politics for more than two days is one. Barak is a politician, he's a man=he's a motherf*cker. You don't have to know someone for 16 years to "know" what they are.

Last edited by Trilby; 02-22-2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: writing "McCain...was elected despite this" is a weird, prophetic thing to do. I'll let it stand.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #47
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

And why is Hillary a bitch? Damn bitch standing up for herself, disagreeing with things, speaking her mind. Freaking beach!
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #48
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

P.S. Hillary is winning in Ohio. Ohio picks 'em and has ever since 1960. You don't win Ohio, you don't win.

yes, I know that today, for whatever reason, I am crazed. Your bad luck!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:30 PM   #49
lookout123
changed his status to single

i think, in all honesty, what makes hillary a bitch is that she doesn't have a penis. if she had a penis she probably wouldn't be called a bitch at all. she would then qualify as a motherfucker.

but seriously, i want hillary to get the nomination. i think obama has a far greater chance of being elected than she does. and any candidate who supports nationalized healthcare would have to be running against satan himself before they'd get my vote.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #50
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Oooh, if satan were running, now there'd be a race.
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #51
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
AND we know that McCain is a motherfucker
Around the same time I was buying that Hillary pin in the early 90's I really hated McCain. I can't remember why anymore. It had something to do with some crap he was pulling with National Airport. Not renaming it after Reagan, but something else. After a while, I kind of liked the maverick persona he was wearing, but I'm back to not liking him again.

When I took the political test, I was closer to Obama than anyone else who is running.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #52
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
...any candidate who supports nationalized healthcare would have to be running against satan himself before they'd get my vote.
Have you heard how much JUST the chemo is costing me? The drugs (poison) they are pumping into me costs 9,600.00 American PER DOSE and I will complete the eighth dose March 5. Doesn't include the oncologist's bill, the hospital's bill, the surgeon's bill, the surgery bill, all the other p.o. Rx's I take (Plenty of 'em) etc. This will end up costing me well over 200,000 bux in the end. My insurance co. is paying LESS THAN HALF.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:37 PM   #53
glatt

Quote:
yes, I know that today, for whatever reason, I am crazed. Your bad luck!
This is more than you've posted in the last 6 months. It's great!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #54
lookout123

i understand that and i am personally sorry that you are going through this. that doesn't change the fact that i don't support a national healthcare system paid for with taxdollars. no more now than i did when i was nearly driven bankrupt because our insurance wouldn't cover my wife's pregnancy and i had to find a way to cover $70,000 in medical expenses. or the day that the hospital office decided that my wife's life wasn't in danger (only my unborn son's) so they wouldn't send her into surgery unless i could come up with cash. fortunately there was a doctor who liked my truck and bought it from me in the parking lot. if i was going to change my opinion, that would have probably been the time to do so.

you may think this makes me an asshole, but i think changing my political/financial beliefs based on what would personally benefit me or my friends would make me a hypocrite.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:54 PM   #55
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

wow, lookout. I am truly sorry that those horrible things happened to you. But can't you see how WRONG those things are? Just from a HUMANE point of view? I'm sure you haven't seen SICKO...I know a lot of you here are Michael Moore haters. He asks this guy in Canada why should his fellow Canadians pay for his bad luck for having had a heart attack? He answered, "because I would pay for theirs." Wow. Humane, no?
Old 02-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #56
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
My insurance co. is paying LESS THAN HALF.
Shit! Who's paying the rest?
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #57
lookout123

see here is the thing for me though C, it sounds well and good - how would "free" medical care be anything but good? but then you realize it is a government run program. how well does our government run anything? how efficiently do they operate? how objective and logical in deciding who and what is covered and for how much? what quality of doctor will you have working inside of such a system?

i don't trust the government to do anything but eff things up. i'd rather stick with what we have - a private healthcare system with a support net for those that don't have private insurance.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:08 PM   #58
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Shit! Who's paying the rest?
Moi.
Old 02-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #59
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
how well does our government run anything? how efficiently do they operate? how objective and logical in deciding who and what is covered and for how much? what quality of doctor will you have working inside of such a system?
They run the police, fire, first responder/EMT's, the libraries, the post office, the MRDD programs, mental health hospitals (no paradise, I worked in one, but better than a lot of private places I've worked in, too). Profit-driven health care is blasphemous. You'd rather people with a financial stake in it make the decisions? Ok, so, you've answered your own question: those people put your unborn son at risk and your wife at risk in a really horrid, hateful way: pay up or they die! This is better? The docs in the UK, France, Canada, Sweden,etc. all say they "wouldn't work for" a system like ours. Profits before people...people who will die? If that's what you like...
Old 02-22-2008, 03:16 PM   #60
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Moi.
Shit! Fuggin' goddamn it --!

*sigh*

Now calculate how much you'd get under the Obama plan, versus how much you'd get under the failure of Hillary's plan.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote