The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-30-2004, 10:44 PM   #46
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore
--
--I find it interesting that the person who is probably at the greatest risk for a downfall here takes such potshots at people.
wow. If i didn't know you were such a pussy, I'd think that you were skirting on the edge of threatening me. what downfall? i'd have to have been held in some type of high regard in order to fall. I'm the freakin class clown. I got nuthin to lose here......unless you were threatening me on a personal level....?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:46 PM   #47
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore
...I think the board is better without you posting so much...
Not in my book.
Old 11-30-2004, 10:48 PM   #48
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
wow. If i didn't know you were such a pussy, I'd think that you were skirting on the edge of threatening me. what downfall? i'd have to have been held in some type of high regard in order to fall. I'm the freakin class clown. I got nuthin to lose here......unless you were threatening me on a personal level....?
Says the man that doesn't have the balls to say half the shit he says online in person.

I merely offered observations...do with them what you will.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 10:59 PM   #49
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

HEY. it takes two to NOT fight at forks!.....

you want some? you know where to find me, marshmallow boy
Old 11-30-2004, 11:09 PM   #50
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Pffft! Jesus Christ...you have GOT to be high right now.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 11:29 PM   #51
lookout123
changed his status to single

alrighty then. Jim you're a carhack. so take that you old lady-screwin' over, scheisty glad handin' used car pusher.

Syc- how does it feel to be the only guy to be so uncool, that Missouri voted to throw you out? i mean damn! they are dumb enough to think America's Pub is cool, but smart enough to know you are a dumbshit - that's gotta hurt.

wow for a minute there i thought we were in the insult thread. sorry. can we all just step away from the keyboards, take a deep breath, some prozac and then carry on with a discussion?

i haven't been around here much lately, but i have read most of the threads and i have come to the conclusion that a good portion of cellarites need post election stress therapy. this place has been a bit wacky since a bit before the election but has been downright ludicrous at times since the election.

let's face it, this is the cellar. 70% of what we do here is argue, er, i mean exchange ideas passionately. we all have somebody in here we'd like to push in front of a train but, as UT says this isn't just a board it is supposed to be a community. we could probably live without calling eachother names, having our friends retaliate, and then drawing everyone into a big pissing match. if you don't like someone but don't feel like shredding their ideas then just ignore them - chances are that everyone else is ignoring the same person.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:09 AM   #52
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
However, if you wish to become a bitch toward me, that's when I stop playing. Frankly, you owe me an apology because you are dead wrong on this one.
I am sorry. I was actually posting with humorous intent, and it went badly wrong.

I do actually commend you for trying to get back to work and a higher level of functioning. Best of luck with that.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:14 AM   #53
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Ah, here we are, one happy dysfunctional family.

(I actually like lumberjim. He's entertaining)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 12-01-2004, 01:14 AM   #54
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I am sorry. I was actually posting with humorous intent, and it went badly wrong.

I do actually commend you for trying to get back to work and a higher level of functioning. Best of luck with that.
Thank you, Wolf. That was some real generosity of spirit on your part. I'm all choked up...

OK, now that that's over we can resume our normal hostilities.

Old 12-01-2004, 01:35 AM   #55
wolf
lobber of scimitars

And some of the abnormal hostilities too, I hope. Those are sometimes the better ones.

Old 12-01-2004, 10:25 AM   #56
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
OC, since i have some respect for you, i'll let you in on my rationale for 'attacking' miss poorme. oh, wait, I just did.
Well, I appreciate that, but I didn't really want (or need) a rationale from you, sweetie.

Quote:
I DO have compassion. for instance, I have not once posted anything about Rho turning every topic toward herself and her Kidney problems, because that is a real motherfucker that she didn;t ask for, and it basically rules her life.
Well, IMO, Rho doesn't turn every post toward herself. I know you were generalizing, but I've seen ALOT of posts from her that had nothing to do with her problems.

Quote:
I didn;t start in on maristinkinchicko until i'd had it up to HERE with the vacuuous nature of her every post. And by vacuuous, i mean she sucks in every topic, apes every compelling thread, and generally (for me at least) has become intolerably annoying. In this thread particularly. i mean, c'mon. of COURSE she should apply for the job. what the fuck? why WOULDN'T you? the title of the thread should have been 'Hey, everybody, I could use some attention!' not 'input' That's why i chose to atack her here.
There have been times that you have posted such inane crap that it was a thread of it's own, and it was to the extent that there was a vote to boot you off the board or not. IIRC, at the time, your position was that if someone didn't like what you posted, they should make use of the "ignore" function and/or go screw themselves.

Now here you are, attacking someone else just because you don't like them (or their posts, whatever..) just like people did to you. So I'll tell you what you told everyone else to do if they didn't like it: Just ignore her posts and quit worrying about it.

Quote:
I feel it is my duty to be honest, and express my ire. I am also SURE that MANY of you agree with my sentiments. i find it very telling that almost all of the dopes that have significantly tarnished the coolness quotient of this site in recent months have chimed in to defend her. another factor is that i don;t spend nearly as much time reading as i once did, and am not as concerned about 'keeping the peace.'
Since your time is so much more valuable now, why even go into a thread she starts? Why waste the time and aggravation? Why waste time posting hurtful and mean things? What does it accomplish? Does it make you feel better? Really? Those few minutes posting your vitriol at Mari (or whoever else for that matter) could be better spent with your family.

Quote:
those of you that think i suck and am just a typical 'used car salesman' (even though I don't even sell cars!) are welcome to tell me about myself.........., and those that agree....you're just welcome. i said what you were thinking, and you didnt have to take any heat from the nitwit brigade.
I wonder, since I've disagreed with you on this, if I'm considered part of your "nitwit brigade". I've been called worse by better.

When you first got here, you grated on me something fierce, and through PM's we worked it out. I truly do like you, Jim, I think that we'd have a blast if we ever met in person. I just don't like to see you wasting your precious time and energy in a negative way when it does no good to anyone.

Impotentes defendere libertatem non possunt.

"Repetition does not transform a lie into a truth."
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:42 PM   #57
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Cool

... er ... mari .... didjer gofer the JAWB? ....
Old 12-01-2004, 01:20 PM   #58
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Damn...when did we get assigned a Compassion Monitor? Looks like it is time to rein in the deep sharing lest I be accused of trolling for pity.

Sorry if I've come off as a pathetic loser, ya'll. Even though my name hasn't been mentioned in this rapidly-deteriorating thread (although why Rho's name *was* mentioned, I cannot fathom - but at least she was judged innocent in her trials, and her case dismissed), what with the stuff I've laid out here on The Cellar, I figure that I'll be next to be critiqued, so it is probably best to apologize for my past whinings, and shut up about non-intellectual, personal tribulations, thus saving the Pity Police the extra effort.

Besides, things are actually going a bit better right now, thanks...

Last edited by Elspode; 12-01-2004 at 01:31 PM.
Elspode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:44 PM   #59
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
Besides, things are actually going a bit better right now, thanks...
Glad to hear it, dude. Just remember: no more whining, sharing or asking for advice or you will be banished from the Cellar by The Compassion Police! That goes for you too, Mari! And speaking of Mari, I'm actually interested in hearing if you applied for the job, and if so, if you've heard anything
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:01 PM   #60
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet
......you will be banished from the Cellar by The Compassion Police! ....
spode, i actually was referring to one of your posts.

Yours was the compelling one i referenced that she most recently aped. It aint that I don;t have compassion for her, I have disdain for her shitty sarcastic, poor me, you owe me because i contributed to society as a high powered librarian (high powered librarian?!) for a long time, and can't work now doing something like librarian-ing even though i can spend all day clamoring for attention on a b-board, constantly yammering, sticky, gooey, knees-bent advancing behavior, ridiculous, trite, petulant personality.

I don't hate her. and as far as compassion monitoring goes.....I'm not really sure if spode was sticking up for my right to not be outwardly compassionate to someone if I don;t really feel that way, or what,.... but it appears to be worded that way......and Pat, if you don't get it that people like the WAY you write as much as WHAT you write, you haven't been listening. You are not even remotely annoying to me. in fact, you are one of my favorites, and I tend to read your posts eagerly instead of skipping them like i have to do with that black hole's crapola.

Those of you that let your compassion obscure the fact that YOU kind of think that she's an annoying personality.....well, that's fine......that's just not me in this case. i have the right to tell you about yourself if I feel strongly enough to take the heat I get in response. which I do.

Cougar, you have no need to worry, you are not a member of the nitwit brigade. you just like to argue with me......which is fine, too. I could list the people that I think are in it, but then we'd have a bloodbath.* You always seem to think that I'm being mean just to be mean. that's not really true here. Yes, i could express my viewpoint in a calm, reasonable tone, well worded, and with care not to offend anyone, but then i would be Elspode or xoxoxobruce, not lumberjim. It is what it is.

* I'll tell you what this is about after it happens.