The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #46
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Warm thoughts goin out to you Bri.
classicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:49 PM   #47
lookout123
changed his status to single

hi bri. keep writing. i won't say anything stupid like i know how you feel, because i don't. but i do feel for you. as always, we're here for you.

and tell the boys to put the damn tree up. it is important to you whether you realize it or not.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #48
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's Vista, it may be incompatible with the sound hardware.

If the new computer has the same size and shape hole for your old keyboard, you can use the old keyboard with it.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #49
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
It's Vista, it may be incompatible with the sound hardware.
Ah. what should I do? buy new speakers that say they are compatible with the vista? I know that sounds obvious and dumb, but, I mean, is there such a thing as that?
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #50
glatt

Hey Brianna, it's alright to feel this way and to tell us about it. Actually, it's great that you tell us about it. We care about you.

Just keep moving forward. Do what needs doing, whether you feel motivated or not. You'll get through this.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #51
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

It's more the computer itself, rather than the speakers. Who made the computer? Was that a custom job too?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #52
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Bri, I'm just another one chipping in to say we're here for you. I read what you write, feel for you, wish I could do more. Keep on keepin' on, and Yes, ask the boys to put up the tree for you this year. It's the least they can do.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:16 PM   #53
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
I don't want sympathy (so, if you don't want sympathy, why write this, right?) I don't know. I just want SOMEONE to know what I'm feeling.
I understand it. Whenever someone at work starts chemo, they are transfered to my department.
Usually they miss time, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. But either way, when they are there, they crave human contact.

They experience being talked about in hushed whispers on the outside and sometimes even at home. People pity and patronize them, when they really just want to be accepted as someone with a problem, not a pariah. Talking about their sickness allows them to reinforce they are still a human being, with all that implies, not a rotting carcase to be tolerated.

No matter what you're seeing in the mirror, Bri... I know it's still you in there, baby. You feel like shit, but you're still that irascible bitch we all love.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #54
Crimson Ghost
Larger than life and twice as ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limey View Post
Bri, I'm just another one chipping in to say we're here for you. I read what you write, feel for you, wish I could do more. Keep on keepin' on, and Yes, ask the boys to put up the tree for you this year. It's the least they can do.

Ditto.

Crack open a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream, put on "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians", and remember, we love you.

I have no knowledge of the events which you are describing, and if I did have knowledge of them,
I would be unable to discuss them with you now or at any future period.

Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
Crimson Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:44 AM   #55
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Or "Pass The Ammo," if you get tired of that Conquers the Martians theme song. Tim Curry's (yeah, that Tim Curry) an evil televangelist.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:53 AM   #56
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
No matter what you're seeing in the mirror, Bri... I know it's still you in there, baby. You feel like shit, but you're still that irascible bitch we all love.
Sometimes xoB just nails it, you know?
Old 12-13-2007, 06:03 AM   #57
Griff
still says videotape

Keep on keeping on Bri. This is giving me flashbacks to when Mom went through it back in the eighties. Tough times.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #58
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Had a friend from Leicester down the last two days, Bri. She has some sort of chemo every week (have said before I don't understand exactly what, sorry) and she sympathised with what I told her you were going through physically.

But more than that, she had a friend die on Sunday of cancer. It was actually faster than anyone expected but Teri has been going through it with Anna for a few years now, and known she was terminal for a year. After Anna's diagnosis (recurrence and a prognosis of 18 months max) she sat down her friends and said, "STOP treading on eggshells around me. I'm still me. Ask how I am if you want, tell me about the plans you're making for your silver anniversary in 2 years, tell me about you - I know I have a limited time but I am still me!"

And that's you. Except you're not terminal. You're ill, that's all. It's a really shitty stick to be hit with, but it's not like you were born stupid or something fatal like that, right? The day you start posting about how Ann Coulter not only talks a lot of sense but is also really attractive in a ladyboy kinda way is the day you get my real sympathy.

I'd give you a patronising rub on your fluffy little fledgling head any day.