The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 02-15-2006, 08:48 PM   #46
busterb
NSABFD

Say What?
Attached Images

Old 02-16-2006, 12:16 AM   #47
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Who shot who or why did it happened is totally irrelevant. Cheney shot his friend who later suffered a mild heart attack because a pellet got into the heart. Again, irrelevant here.

The problem is that Cheney could not even come clean - be up front and honest. That still would not be a problem if this White House had not been caught lying so many times previously. So many disasters that the White House mishandled. So many times that a White House response is stonewall silence or outright deception.

A simple response would have been 'total apologies to a shot lawyer and a whole hearted admission that I made a mistake'. That is what an honest man would do. And that is the only reason for this controversy.

We are really asking whether Cheney is an honest man - or one whose modem-operandi is to lie or deceive whenever possible. What could have been nothing more than a simple hunting accident has proven to be just as deceitful as Kennedy at Chappaquiddick. But then we are talking about politicians whose purpose in life is to lie – because that is what we want them to do. We want them to be politically correct – only appear to be honest. The controversy is that Cheney does not even appear to be honest – and is so arrogent as to not care what we think. A 'screw America again' attitude because 'I am Dick Cheney and don't care what Americans think'. That attitude is why he deserves to replace Mohammed.

Where are bad Danish comics when we need them.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #48
busterb
NSABFD

CHENEY SHOOTS ... by all the top cartoonists!
http://cagle.msnbc.com/news/CheneyShoots/1.asp
Old 02-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #49
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
I also think that Clinton, when asked about the Ho, should have said it's none of your business. :p
Maybe he wouldn't have offended the repubicans as much if he had used a shotgun instead of a cigar.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:01 PM   #50
HUMBUG

One of the Starr Report footnotes referenced "anal - oral" contact. Never said who's anal to who's oral. Being democraps, probably both.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:01 PM   #51
warch
lurkin old school

I heard somewhere that the guy was first taken to a medical center in a small town- not any closer to the accident site, rather than Corpus. Why was that?

And there is the speculation about drinking a beer or beers or whatever.

But really, who cares? Why would info control, info manipulation, secrecy, responsibility dodging, spinnnnnnnnn be any news?

meanwhile War management, Crisis management, Cronyism, Corruption, Crime...lots of White House issues to sink your teeth into.
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 12:19 PM   #52
HUMBUG

Next time, take their guns and make them use hunting knives.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:54 PM   #53
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by warch
I heard somewhere that the guy was first taken to a medical center in a small town- not any closer to the accident site, rather than Corpus. Why was that?

And there is the speculation about drinking a beer or beers or whatever.
The Texas Parks and Wildlife Hunting Accident and Incident Report Form, has under both Shooter and Victim, the question “Game Law Violated?” checked “yes”. Under that it cites “P&W Code 4J.652” as near as I can make out. Might be 43.652, it’s hard to read.

btw, it was a Perazzi 28 gauge shotgun.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:06 PM   #54
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

The game law violated is probably the $7 stamp they were missing on their hunting licenses.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #55
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw
That is what an honest man would do.
say no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxobruce
btw, it was a Perazzi 28 gauge shotgun
My hypo–thetical/critical question to the shooter is:

How 'bout an AMERICAN gun you fucking patriot?
Old 02-16-2006, 08:09 PM   #56
marichiko

I just adore the fact that the shooting took place on the ranch belonging to a former Halliburten Exec. Talk about keeping it "all in the family!"

The Italians make shot guns? Oh, yeah, guess they would with the mafia and all.

Whatever happened to going out on public land with your blue tick coon hound and a Remington, a valid hunting licence, and a hunter's safety course under your belt?

I guess only rednecks do that. Toby Keith, anyone?
Old 02-17-2006, 12:50 AM   #57
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
I just adore the fact that the shooting took place on the ranch belonging to a former Halliburten Exec. Talk about keeping it "all in the family!"
Where did you get that from? Katharine Armstrong is a lobbyist, her Dad a(the ultimate) rancher and Mom, United States ambassador to Britain.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:36 AM   #58
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
Where did you get that from? Katharine Armstrong is a lobbyist, her Dad a(the ultimate) rancher and Mom, United States ambassador to Britain.
Guess what Mommy dearest did before she became ambassador? It was on one of the links to the story. I'll see if I can track it down for you.

OK, it was from Happy Monkey's link He may not be doing too well

Katharine Armstrong's mother, Anne Armstrong, served on the board of directors of Halliburton, the oil field service company Cheney ran before becoming vice president. She also served as U.S. ambassador to Britain in the Ford administration.

Last edited by marichiko; 02-17-2006 at 02:15 AM.
Old 02-17-2006, 05:51 AM   #59
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Whatever happened to going out on public land with your blue tick coon hound and a Remington, a valid hunting licence, and a hunter's safety course under your belt?
What you describe has never been common place. Most hunting occurs on private property. Coons like corn and thankfully the State is not growing much corn yet.
Old 02-17-2006, 03:26 PM   #60
marichiko

Yeah, Texas has a lot of private hunting property, I guess. Blue ticks can be used for other things besides coons, tho. I know of some one who uses them to hunt cougars, for example.

Anyhow, my point was more about how Cheney got to skate on this one.

What do you think would have happened to Joe Sixpack if he didn't have the valid stamp on his licence and shot his buddy after having a brew or two?