The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 05-06-2004, 09:29 AM   #46
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

In the words of one of my favorite modern philosophers, Calvin Broadus: "Niggaz who talk shit get dealt with real quick."
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:33 AM   #47
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by Katkeeper
Compare degrees? I could match yours with a Seven Sisters degree and raise you one, having graduated Magna cum laude, and I am a "Museum Quality" Liberal.
Hmmm...well, I don't have a Seven Sisters degree, but I do have a BA and graduated Magna Cum Laude myself. Oh, and I'm a sycamore liberal.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:37 AM   #48
Katkeeper
Hoodoo Guru

"Museum Quality" Liberal was a description used by Garrison Keillor when liberals were being seriously bashed. I loved it and assume it means one takes the liberal position on most issues.

And we will rise again...
Katkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:40 AM   #49
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally posted by stlbob
Not that I'm trying to stop the thrashing of Dave by bringing up some totally unrelated topic ........ how is it possible that every post of his in this thread says that his total post number is 9? Interesting.
At the moment, all of yours say 23. The post number is global, and not linked to the individual post.

Though putting individual post number in there could be interesting, ie "Post 503 of 984".
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:00 AM   #50
davepen

An apology

So, at first I'm thinking: why am I getting all these goddamned emails?

When I finally click on the link, it brings me here.

My laptop has been in the possession of a co-worker for the past several days and apparently this is his idea of a joke. Although it's mildly amusing, I don't share his sense of humor.

Please accept my apologies for this.

David
Old 05-06-2004, 10:03 AM   #51
jdbutler
If ya cant take a joke, Effya!

"And do you know why I'll be the last liberal standing? Because I'll have a motherfucking gun!"

But, Lady Syc, do you have enough clips? "So many assholes, too few bullets". (Claymore mines are excellent also!)

Old 05-06-2004, 10:05 AM   #52
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by Beestie
Thanks for reminding me that I'm out of toilet paper. And its "mine ARE" dumbfuck.
Only if he has more than one degree. If he trasferred from Providence to Brown, "is" would be correct.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:09 AM   #53
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Ouch. Hate it when that happens. The only good thing about getting punk'd is the [payback I/payback I]

Let us know how it goes
Old 05-06-2004, 10:27 AM   #54
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I think that he got his ass smacked, knows he is outclassed, and wishes to retire from the field somewhat gracefully. This would be a skill leaned in an Eastern Ivy League School.

"My friend did something unauthorized on the laptop I lent him" is the internet version of SODDI. ("Some Other Dude Did It.")

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 05-06-2004, 10:34 AM   #55
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Re: An apology

Quote:
Originally posted by davepen
So, at first I'm thinking: why am I getting all these goddamned emails?

When I finally click on the link, it brings me here.

My laptop has been in the possession of a co-worker for the past several days and apparently this is his idea of a joke. Although it's mildly amusing, I don't share his sense of humor.

Please accept my apologies for this.

David
SO you're saying your screen name was possessed by someone else?

i have to think about whether or not i'm buying that. on one hand, i could see it happening, but then, i could also see this as a duck and cover reaction to the group's vitriol.

i guess i'll give you the benefit of the doubt because the earlier posts you made were relatively normal.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:34 AM   #56
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf Only if he has more than one degree. If he trasferred from Providence to Brown, "is" would be correct.
I assumed that (s)he meant undergrad/grad. Had (s)he but one degree, there wouldn't be much point in including the Providence reference especially given the context.

If someone is showing off how much smarter they are then the rest of us then its always a good idea not to fuck up their Ivy League English in the process.

And lighten up with the grammar Nazi callouts. I've made four grammar correction posts in the last few days - the first ever such posts from me since I joined the Cellar. Three were clearly a joke (a friendly jab at LJ and two at Paranoid) that no one should have taken seriously and one (in this thread) that was well deserved.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:39 AM   #57
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by Beestie
(a friendly jab at LJ
yeah, but you enjoyed it. be honest. it was very enlightening, btw, and gave me flashbacks of mrs Jones from 8th grade. i hated that bitch. fucking red pen weilding powertripping, half stack, pint sized, evil little twat. " Mr Helm, if you can't keep focused, you'll need to sit right up here in front......"
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:46 AM   #58
mmmmbacon
biting my elbow

Anyone see the movie Whalerider? It's the first thing I thought of when I saw this Maori dude.
mmmmbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:58 AM   #59
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I thought of a couple movies ... Once Were Warriors, and another one I saw at the UofP International House ... The Storehouse (Te Rua).

(aside: While looking for info on the one movie, I found this. It really has been translated into every language, hasn't it ...)

Old 05-06-2004, 11:16 AM   #60
jdbutler
If ya cant take a joke, Effya!

Re: Re: An apology

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim

i guess i'll give you the benefit of the doubt because the earlier posts you made were relatively normal.

I agree, give the guy a break, I believe his ass is sore enough already. (Talk about an immediate gang-bang!)