The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 12-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #46
monster
I hear them call the tide

Lots of snow overnight here, more coming down, I'm thinking no school tomorrow -they're barely managing to keep the main roads plowed by all accounts. Wheeeeeeeeee! I love snow
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2007, 12:18 PM   #47
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's great, Monster! Now all the kids in the 'hood, can come play in your house.
Bwahahahahahahaha.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:02 PM   #48
Griff
still says videotape

Nice snow cover! We missed this weekend's mess by a whisker. We'll have school delays but they should be open. Looking like a white winterval... er Christmas!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #49
busterb
NSABFD

No snow, but was white here this am. Think the Fig tree learned not to bud in Dec. 27º. Still waiting for ice to melt in toilet. Too cold to use the outhouse.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:44 PM   #50
shina
Hopeful

I see a fort waiting to be built so the likds can blast all the passersby with snowballs.
shina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #51
monster

Tis not building snow -too fine, too cold. But some great fun was had sledding on the golf course this afternoon (I was right, no school). we got about the same again as you see in the pictures. At some point the temperature will raise a little and it will become buildable. They'll probably hollow out the snow pile to the left off my drive to make said fort.

Only downer was we got up to a two foot high, four foot wide pyramid wall of ice barricading the (already cleared) driveway, courtesy of the snowplow team, so we had to dig out before beest could go to work. I think the buggers get a sadisitic high knowing what they're leaving for us.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:40 PM   #52
Griff
still says videotape

Two hour delay this morning so I hiked down to borrow the tractor... and Dad was already clearing the driveway. Good man.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:04 AM   #53
monster

SNOW DAY!!!! yup 6th April. it doesn't realy look that bad out there, but I guess they don't know how much more is coming and there are still snow days to use up...... I was so sure it wouldn't be one I didn't check before the kids woke up.... thank goodness I did check before we left! It's beest's birthday, though, so they were happy to get up to give him his presents and now we have a huge bonus day ahead of us to prepare for the arrival of Banana Lady on Weds. And boy do we need it!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #54
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

SNOW DAY?!?!

It was Near-Tornado here in Southern Ohya. Ground is too warm for any snow to stick...at least that is what I'm hoping...
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #55
monster

Our ground is warm too, but it's coming down faster than it can melt. We have about 4 inches sitting, although the roads are pretty clear. I think the warm ground made it very slippy for the commute, though.

By the way, we're coming to Dayton on Sat Evening
Old 04-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #56
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
SNOW DAY?!?!

It was Near-Tornado here in Southern Ohya. Ground is too warm for any snow to stick...at least that is what I'm hoping...
Heh...the Winds of Death Are Coming story was all over Ch 7 News as always. Then the tornado alarms went off in my town. I didn't budge: what the heck am I gonna do? If the damn Winds of Death want me, they can come and get me. I was thinking last night how weird I am: I thought about a tornado killing me and thought "what an intense way to go" and then I thought about surviving a tornado and thought "what an intense experience" and certainly worthy of a story in Reader's Digest.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #57
Beest
Adapt and Survive

By the time I was driving, around 8 am , the increasing predictions of 5"-10" until 8 PM changed to "severe weather alert cancelled, additional snow maybe 1". not even an oops, our bad
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #58
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Happy birthday, Beest.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #59
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Curse you Al Gore! Curse YOU!
We are expecting 2 nights in the low 30's tonight and Tuesday night. Of course right after I planted my new veggie plants.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:08 PM   #60
Queen of the Ryche
is fleeing the scene

Name:  Snowball Fight!.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  10.1 KB
Was supposed to be "The Storm Of The Season".....I think we've gotten about three inches total. Oh well. Enough to soften the ground to plant the Spring garden! And have a mini snowball fight woth Princess of the Ryche.

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.
Queen of the Ryche is offline   Reply With Quote