The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Cities and Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cities and Travel Tell us about where you are; tell us about where you want to be

Old 05-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #46
monster
I hear them call the tide

.... btw, did you risk the cruise control yet?
Old 05-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #47
diminished
Why Aye,Man!

We're waiting until tomorrow to try that,after today's mechanical non-crisis.Persistence thinks she's got it sussed,but we need clear and open roads to try it,in case of catastrophic failage.
They [Young People] have exalted notions, because they have not been humbled by life or learned its necessary limitations; moreover, their hopeful disposition makes them think themselves equal to great things.They would always rather do noble deeds than useful ones: Their lives are regulated more by moral feeling than by reasoning ...They overdo everything - they love too much, hate too much, and the same with everything else.
Aristotle circa 350 BC
diminished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #48
monster

oooh look, here we all are.....

must lose weight
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2009, 12:17 AM   #49
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hey folks.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:53 AM   #50
capnhowdy
Blatantly Homosapien

Looks like you're all having fun. What a cool thread!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #51
diminished
Why Aye,Man!

Persistence likes cruise control
And Lake Michigan is...I want to use the word 'awesome',but its very overused these days,but there it is.Awesome.And big.And cold.Which was great,as we'd just climbed and descended the massive sand dune outside of Saugatuck to get there.We did the very British thing of stripping off our socks and boots and having a paddle.Only wish I'd had a deckchair and a white hankie to put on my head and knot at the 4 corners.
They [Young People] have exalted notions, because they have not been humbled by life or learned its necessary limitations; moreover, their hopeful disposition makes them think themselves equal to great things.They would always rather do noble deeds than useful ones: Their lives are regulated more by moral feeling than by reasoning ...They overdo everything - they love too much, hate too much, and the same with everything else.
Aristotle circa 350 BC
Old 05-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #52
monster

Did you find the chain ferry thing?
Old 05-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #53
diminished
Why Aye,Man!

We did,but it was closed,it only seems to run weekends at the minute.There was a number pinned to a noticeboard to ring,but it seemed a bit churlish to drag someone out for $2.We got a few snaps of it tho.Mount Baldhead and the lake were far more interesting,and took up a lot more of our time,the climb back up from the beach almost killed me.
I must mention,we got some damned fine Ice-Cream down in the town too,which has a lot of nice shops and galleries.
Persistence is badgering me to mention that she scrawled our names onto the railings at the top of the Mt.,and that we found a scraffito informing us that 'Kelse made an excersise video that you will never see'.We were unsure as how to act upon this information,but thought you may all like to know.
Aristotle circa 350 BC
Old 05-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #54
monster

Sand dunes, beach ....bit of a busman's holiday today then?
Old 05-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #55
monster

btw, we need pics so far. upload and post IMMEDIATELY.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #56
diminished
Why Aye,Man!

Top tip: When you've got your boots tied around your neck by the laces,do NOT bend down quickly whilst walking.Oh,how we laughed as we searched amongst the sand for a lens from my glasses and the tiny tiny screw that holds it in place.
Aristotle circa 350 BC
Old 05-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #57
monster

the lens, not good, the screw -replaceable at most dollar stores

unless there's a metric size thing going on.....
Old 05-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #58
diminished
Why Aye,Man!

Pics coming up,think I've managed to get them down to reasonable sizes.

Christian Crustacean

Touchdown Jesus

Saugatuck Chain Ferry

As close as I got to finding the Mothman

'Big Temptation',an Art we found on the streets of Saugatuck

Halfway up Mt.Baldhead

'One man and his log',shores of Lake Michigan
Aristotle circa 350 BC
Old 05-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #59
monster

excellent.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:35 PM   #60
Nirvana
Back in 10

I love Saugatuck! This is a great thread thanks for sharing your road trip with us!