The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 11-23-2003, 10:18 AM   #46
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally posted by Cam
Cold, loaded with ham turkey salami and taco meat, some unbelievably tasty hot white sauce and lettuce.
Taco meat? Wild or free range Tacos I hope.
Old 11-23-2003, 02:23 PM   #47
wolf
lobber of scimitars

There is a new Quizno's in "Blue Bell" (dammit, it's NOT fucking Blue Bell. That's a fiction perpetrated by the post office to increase property values ... It's East Norriton)

There is a fake Main Street area up in Exton (actually an upscale shopping center that's simluating main street, but with better parking) that has a chain mexican fast-food place that was really quite good. I'll be darned if I can remember the name of the place, only went there once, but I was quite impressed.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 03:42 PM   #48
breakingnews
Q_Q

They need more Wendy's in the lower Bucks County area. I hate going all the way out to Oxford Valley Mall - it's the only one in the area that I know of.
breakingnews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:30 PM   #49
russotto
Professor

We need a Roy Roger's revival. (no, not reincarnation).
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:57 PM   #50
vsp
Syndrome of a Down

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf
There is a fake Main Street area up in Exton (actually an upscale shopping center that's simluating main street, but with better parking) that has a chain mexican fast-food place that was really quite good. I'll be darned if I can remember the name of the place, only went there once, but I was quite impressed.
Desert Moon Cafe. As Mexican chains go, they're pretty good, though their "red-hot Hell Canyon Chili" is laughably weak. Of course, finding good chili around Philadelphia is hellishly difficult...
vsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 06:18 PM   #51
breakingnews
Q_Q

Quote:
Originally posted by russotto
We need a Roy Roger's revival. (no, not reincarnation).
mmmm... Fried chicken. SOO much better than that kentucky shit-fried crap.
Old 11-23-2003, 10:09 PM   #52
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by vsp

Desert Moon Cafe. As Mexican chains go, they're pretty good, though their "red-hot Hell Canyon Chili" is laughably weak. Of course, finding good chili around Philadelphia is hellishly difficult...
There is a taqaria in Norristown on Main Street near the courthouse that's really good. Going in daylight strongly recommended.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 07:36 AM   #53
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

Quote:
Originally posted by insoluble
Also the best damn chain on the west coast - In'nOut!!
Very true. I saw one on the way from the hotel to the LACC, and declared we had to eat there one night - I was operating on the reason that I'm a fan of "The Big Lebowski", where In-N-Out Burger features modestly. It IS remarkably good. Great burgers and damn cheap too.

And Pie, you're right - Buffalo Wild Wings is THE SHIT. My brother and mine's chosen viewing ground of Giants games and pro wrestling pay-per-views for over two years now. Great food, great prices, no cover, TV screens aplenty.

What I would like to see edge a little closer is IHOP and White Castle - the staples of my childhood.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:58 AM   #54
dave

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbaccus
What I would like to see edge a little closer is IHOP and White Castle - the staples of my childhood.
<i>That</i> explains a lot.

Old 11-24-2003, 08:27 AM   #55
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Quote:
Originally posted by breakingnews
They need more Wendy's in the lower Bucks County area. I hate going all the way out to Oxford Valley Mall - it's the only one in the area that I know of.
There is one in Bensalem near the Denny's at the Bensalem Plaza. I used to live there yanno. You're welcome!

Brian
Old 11-24-2003, 09:10 AM   #56
breakingnews
Q_Q

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianR

There is one in Bensalem near the Denny's at the Bensalem Plaza. I used to live there yanno. You're welcome!

Brian
Yeah, but that's over the next horizon from Levittown - I don't stray much from Route 13/Levittown Pkwy during work hours.

I mean, we've got McD's, BK, Dunkin, KFC, 7-11 and Wawa all within one mile of my building. Where's the Wendy's luvin? Oh god, White Castle would fucking rock too.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:32 AM   #57
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

Quote:
Originally posted by dave

<i>That</i> explains a lot.

Go to hell. You can't beat IHOP and White Castle. You can try, but you'll fail miserably.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:28 PM   #58
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Quote:

Yeah, but that's over the next horizon from Levittown - I don't stray much from Route 13/Levittown Pkwy during work hours.

I mean, we've got McD's, BK, Dunkin, KFC, 7-11 and Wawa all within one mile of my building. Where's the Wendy's luvin? Oh god, White Castle would fucking rock too.
Chicken! That means you will not experience the yummy fare at the Clubhouse Diner just up the street from there. And that new burger joint (Nifty Fifties?) that replaced the miniature golf place. Clubhouse has the BEST CHEESECAKE in the area, possibly all of Penna and on up to NYC. I will venture that as more than opinion, less than fact. Anyone want to nominate their favs for my evaluation?

Brian
Old 11-25-2003, 12:31 PM   #59
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

We didn't have many Wendy's back in St. Louis...didn't have a lot around us in DC either. Now, I have 2 within 5 minutes of my apartment, and several more within 10 or 15 minutes.

The only White Castle left in the Philadelphia area is in Palmyra, NJ on Route 73, near the Tacony bridge. Their other locations here closed about 3 years ago.

IHOP...mmmm...so much better than Denny's.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 04:17 PM   #60
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:

mmmm... Fried chicken. SOO much better than that kentucky shit-fried crap.
Totally. I practically lived off of it back home in Baltimore.

Wendy's also has some good fried chicken, but I think they only serve that in certain markets/areas.(they sure don't serve it here in Philly! )

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote