Old 07-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #5266
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

sounds sexy, looks painful.

and not in the good way.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #5267
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Sounds sexy, but not in a good way.

After all, a little pain never hurt anyone.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #5268
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

A little pain can be sexy, in the right circumstances ...

But Worcestershire in the eye? Painful. Not sexy.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #5269
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Freaks.

After Plthijinx's warning about not masturbating after handling jalepeno peppers, and now this, us weirdos may be opening up a new field of sexual kink: condiment related S&M.
What's next? Ladies, try a dab of wasabi in the pink zone. Chaps, raw ginger in the prostate region. Report back.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #5270
orthodoc

Trust me, the ladies don't need wasabi. We do just fine ...

Raw ginger in the prostate region? Report back, mates!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #5271
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Freaks.

After Plthijinx's warning about not masturbating after handling jalepeno peppers, and now this, us weirdos may be opening up a new field of sexual kink: condiment related S&M.
What's next? Ladies, try a dab of wasabi in the pink zone. Chaps, raw ginger in the prostate region. Report back.
Freaks?

I prefer "sensation-junkie", thank you very much.

By the way, I doubt there's much new under the sun. These folks put out a great spread.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #5272
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I went looking for an old story I saw in a JPEG of a medical juornal about a woman who went to the doctor fearing cervical cancer and found her partner of the night before had simply inserted a clove of garlic while she slept (... without waking her!).

I couldn't find the story, but "garlic vagina" returns over a million hits on google. This is totally a thing.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #5273
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I am nearly at the end of Philip Pullman's trilogy and I really don't want to leave that world.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #5274
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
I went looking for an old story I saw in a JPEG of a medical juornal about a woman who went to the doctor fearing cervical cancer and found her partner of the night before had simply inserted a clove of garlic while she slept (... without waking her!).

I couldn't find the story, but "garlic vagina" returns over a million hits on google. This is totally a thing.
Yeah, "My partner put it up there while I slept" is the female equivalent of "I fell on it." A clove of garlic up the hoo-ha is one of many supposed home remedies for a yeast infection. I'd bet any amount of money that she stuck it up there herself, then couldn't get it back out again.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #5275
orthodoc

Emergency Departments frequently see women who've stuck something up themselves and then been unable to get it out. The most common thing is a tampon with a lost string, typically in place for days by the time the woman comes in.

Last edited by orthodoc; 07-09-2013 at 06:06 PM.
orthodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #5276
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Yeah, "My partner put it up there while I slept" is the female equivalent of "I fell on it."

The proper excuse is "I fell on it while doing the housework in the nude". I mean, you have to come up with a believable explanation.

Ortho, that sounds like one of the less fun jobs to get in the casualty ward. I'm sure there are much, much worse.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #5277
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Got the insurance payment for my kids' colonoscopy/endoscopy/pill cam procedures 6 weeks ago.

1.) My daughter's pill cam was dismissed as unapproved, despite my having an approval letter in my possession.

2.) The supposedly standard "member rates" did not match for any pair of procedures between the two kids.

3.) Apparently they think my son did not have a colonoscopy at all, but rather a "proctosigmoidosis with tumor ablation."

So I called, registered all these errors with the nice man on the phone, and everything has been sent back for review. The sad thing is, this only barely registers for the mildly irritating thread, and definitely not the upsetting thread, because this is just how this shit works. Standard Operating Procedure. Last time the kids had their scopes done, it took me 6 months to get it all processed and paid correctly. That was with a different insurance company, but that's actually pretty irrelevant, I've learned.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #5278
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Has been a day of minor irritation, really.
Building and building until my brain exploded out of my ears, causing an almighty mess in the spare room, ruining the carpet and the sofa bed. I mean I was able to clean the computer and the walls but I'll never get the copper smell out of the soft furnishings.

Tried to be helpful to the 'rents and applied for a benefit that Dad is entitled to.
Online.
Kept having to go back to Mum for more and more information.
Fair enough, but imagine poor old Dad trying to apply for it with his Swiss cheese memory. While I was getting the info the system kept logging me out. Grrrrrrr. I can't be the only person who would have to consult a list or a diary or a calendar to complete the form.

Still, all done now. Mostly.
Just have to make a phone call regarding the information that has to be sent via snail mail, whether copies are acceptable and what address to send them to. You know, minor details like that which aren't given on the website and the link provided doesn't work...

Of course if it does go through it could mean an extra £200 per month for them. Talk about worthwhile. It's what he will receive as opposed to Mum getting a carer's allowance, beause she is retired. Given the amount of hospital appointments she has to get him to, and the amount of tablets she has to sort and get him to take, AND all the taxis because he gets confused by the new bus schedule, it is a little extra jam for their bread, but it is deserved. If he didn't have Mum it would cost the State a heck of a lot more.

Then a general email went out from W, my new employers.
Including this line
Quote:
As a team our aim is to enter into branch with no overdue Multimedia. Can everyone please log onto their Multimedia from home to see how much they have left to compete [sic]
and
Quote:
I've included a list of everything that's overdue/ will be overdue soon
The attached list of people who needed to complete multimedia training was SO LONG that when I typed my reply I had to sit and watch each letter coming up about 5 second intervals. I felt like I was living in slo-mo. Except my frustration was in real time.

Anyway, I replied saying I was very happy to undertake additional training. Which I am! But I did also include a scan of my original communication which says
Quote:
At home you will only need to complete the training programmes below
and
Quote:
Any other training programmes will be completed at a later stage in Branch.
Because I don't like an email being circulated to all staff suggesting I have not completed ELEVEN modules which I was not aware I needed to. NB - my response went to the Manager that sent the email, not to the distribution list.

Response?
Quote:
I should have been clearer in the email, the training is in addition to the original and is just to give us the best chance of keeping up to date when we get in to branch.
Yes. You should have been clearer. In a telling it like it actually is way.

There was something else.
I know there was.
I came on here thinking "three things I want to get off my chest".
But maybe I've just maxed out my irritation for the day.

Am calm now. Blessedly so.
I'm really hoping I can get the 'rents their benefits and I am looking forward to doing my extra training because the truth is that the more I know before I start, the better I'll be able to do my job and the easier it will be.

Oh I was lying about my brains coming out of my ears.
In case you were worried about the carpet.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #5279
orthodoc

But I loved the part about the copper.

Glad all is calm now, and kudos for going after the benefits for the 'rents. You are awesome.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #5280
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

I never think of that smell as copper--to me, it's pure IRON.

Tags
mild cheddar