The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 01-30-2006, 02:38 PM   #31
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov
At the End of Days, what becomes of the Jews of the world, approximately thirteen million?
It depends on whether we reach the stars. If not, they are killed when the sun goes supernova. If we do, they run out of resources in the heat death of the universe.

But thirteen million seems like a pessimistic estimate when we're talking that far in the future.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:07 PM   #32
dov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna
forget the Jews! What becomes of the pagans!!?? That's what the hell I want to know! Why must we be so ethnocentric, huh? There are others who will not enjoy the rapture, ya know!
I am looking foreword to a pagan thread, but then again defining it is disrespectful, and forces one out of the moment, from my experience.

Do you think we like the attention? (Jews) Keeps distracting us from our chicken soup preparation. Now preparing chicken soup is the apex of meditation, honed over a five thousand year period.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:09 PM   #33
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

You've been lightly abusive dov, which is being a dick. You're game playing, which is being a dick. You're denying it, which is being a dick. Well, you can be a bigger dick elsewhere. There are a thousand forums out there which will let you be a massive dick. If you can't get your point across here without being a dick, you are wasting your time. That's all I'm saying.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:14 PM   #34
dov

Very eloquently put toad, Thank you for your concerns.

I dont see any victims. Do you see any victims?

I play games, wanna play? Take a step back, forget self, and look at my posts as they are intended to be, fun.

Brianna read me the second she saw me, pm her if you cant figure me out yourself. I do not appear abusive to anybody with at least one operable brain cell working.

Well actually the second time she saw me, the first I had to punish her for her disrespect and crudeness. I still have not completely healed.

Last edited by dov; 01-30-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:31 PM   #35
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

(*stunned*)

I was punished?

Did I like it?

(*stunned*)

and, dov? You DO appear to be an insufferable depressive who hates groups of people indiscriminately, based upon their religious leanings or nationality.
That makes you sound soooo familiar...Oh, yeah! Like a bigot!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 03:37 PM   #36
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov
I play games, wanna play? Take a step back, forget self, and look at my posts as they are intended to be, fun.
Please. Don't insult my intelligence... or your own.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:14 PM   #37
marichiko

So, Dov, your "fun" question is what will become of 13 million Jews at the end of the days?

Define "end of the days," please. If you are referring to what the BAC's think, shouldn't you post your question on a BAC board? While there are a couple of people around here who say they espouse BAC beleif, none of them claims to be a theologian. I don't know what Smoothmoniker's religous affiliation is, but he does seem to know quite a bit of theology. Maybe he could answer your question.

Since you posed your question to the board in general, here is my general answer:

The same thing that will happen to everyone else. I beleive the end of the days will be when the sun goes anova or whenever man over runs earth's carrying capacity for his species - whichever comes first.

Are we having fun, yet?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:22 PM   #38
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov
Keep your eyes on Africa.
Living with a person can't stand people around him, can't stand being a slave with that mind control machine.
The saudian channel destroyed his dreams, life and humanity, they enslaved
him.
He lost his hapiness, friends, family, faculty, mind and life, he lost every thing.
The world asked how can we live by a hatred sadness insane mind.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #39
Pie
Gone and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx
Is there any difference among people who worship magic books? If you're going to assume that people who accept Truth without evidence aren't very bright, why the need to categorize them further depending on which magic book they get their Truth from?
Unless you're just saying that the Truths in your magic book don't exactly jive with the Truths in their magic book, and so therefore they're stupid. Is that what you're saying?
BINGO!!! Give that woman a prize!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:45 PM   #40
dov

Quote:
hates groups of people indiscriminately, based upon their religious leanings or nationality.
That makes you sound soooo familiar...Oh, yeah! Like a bigot!
I hate two groups, a group whose mission I am aware of, and threatens myself and my families lives, and also anybody in anyway responsible for the present american administration, who occupies the White House today, including the specific administration of course. If therefore, as the result of my personal biases, by your definition, then I am a bigot and dam proud of it.

Quote:
dov? You DO appear to be an insufferable depressive
Enjoy yourself in my brain Brianna. I would not dare venture there unaccompanied myself. Hope you make it out unscathed. Btw, I am sure you have heard of the words projection and transference, re depression. I believe there is a whole new generation of meds that may help you.

Quote:
I was punished?

Did I like it?
Not remotely close, yet.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:51 PM   #41
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

dov. Go fuck yourself.

Oh, and congratulations! you've made my iggy!

Ya dickhead.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #42
marichiko

Yo, Dov! Yer mamma's callin' you! Maybe your question should be, "What will happen to one troll at the end of the days?"
Old 01-30-2006, 11:09 PM   #43
dov

Quote:
65 million other fellow American Evangelical cultists love Jews for one simple reason: They hope to bundle every hairy Jewish ass up, air-freight them to the West Bank and East Jerusalem (once those areas have been cleansed of Muslims), and use the Jews as bait to bring upon the Rapture, as kindling in the Apocalypse, the final battle that will bring Jesus back to Earth.

None of this can happen until every last Jew is penned into the occupied territories—and the Jews won't get there unless the far-right runs Israel and America. Currently 65 million American cultists are using everything in their power, from prayer to politics, to make this Helter Skelter scenario come true.
Quote:
Here is a stunning description of the Rapture in Evangelical cult leader Michael D. Evans' new bestseller, The American Prophecies

Under this Evangelical "end of days" scenario, there's some good news and some bad news, depending on which cult you belong to.

First, the good news: The Rapture be bery-bery-good to Evangelical Christians. When that day arrives, they all get sucked up to heaven— body, clothes, mobile phones and all.

Evangelicals believe prophesy a nuclear holocaust: "Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet/Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets/And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths." (Zechariah 14:12)

A few years after the Rapture comes the Apocalypse. This is the bad-news part of the Evangelical equation, for some people anyway—the part of the buddy flick where the one buddy says to the other, "Sorry friend, it was either you or me."

The funny thing about The American Prophecies is that while Evans quotes extensively from Zechariah, he leaves out the one passage that every Evangelical secretly prays for: And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith Jehovah, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part into the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried.
(Zechariah 13:8, 9)

In other words, two-thirds of the world's Jews, now crammed into the dusty West Bank, go to the woodchipper, and the surviving third (or perhaps as few as 144,000, depending on how you read your Bible) gets forcibly converted to Evangelical Christianity. Number nine, number nine…

This is why Jews should beware. Michael Evans and the 23 percent of the American population he represents need a Greater Israel in order to get sucked up into God's DustBuster. But to get to the "end of days," they need the Jews' cooperation. Which is probably why Evans left this part of the script out of his book. Today, Evangelicals' strategy is something like this: "Hey, maybe we've been scaring the Jews away all these years, with pogroms and quotas and stuff. Maybe if we act all nice, they'll come out from under the bed and go to Judea and Samara. Heeeeere Jew-ie Jew-ie. Nice Jewie!"

The Evangelicals' late-20th-century strategy of embracing Jews as their biggest, bestest friends in the whole wide world reads like an updated Hansel and Gretel, with Evans playing the witch luring Hymie and Gilah into his West Bank lair in order to cook them.
Quote:
The funny thing about The American Prophecies is that while Evans quotes extensively from Zechariah, he leaves out the one passage that every Evangelical secretly prays for:
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith Jehovah, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part into the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried. (Zechariah 13:8, 9)
Quote:
He leaves out the one passage that every Evangelical secretly prays for:
Look familiar cellists?

Quote:
Every Evangelical SECRETLY prays for.
Fried

Last edited by dov; 01-30-2006 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:51 AM   #44
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by dov

Look familiar cellists?

Well, I don't play the cello, myself, and, no, it doesn't look familiar. I actually thought you were making the book of Zechariah up, but sure enough, there it was in the Bible that my puppy almost chewed up that was bestowed upon me by a kind Catholic Church Lady one night with the hope that I would start attending the local Sunday Mass. Alas, nice church lady has been and will continue to be disappointed (wonder if I should give her the Bible back except that its chewed? Oh, well.)

Anyhow, I read a few lines of Zech and automatically relegated it to my mental "old Testament crazy high on a very bad acid trip" catagory. Say, wanna hear some of the Navajo Blessingway? Its much nicer late night reading. Repeat after me:

In beauty may you walk.
On abundent trails of pollen, may you walk.
May it be beautiful before you,
As it is beautiful behind you.
As it used to be long ago,
In beauty may you walk

The Navajo believe they're going to take back the world someday, too (I think). There's lots of Navajo. They have two Navajo broadcasting stations in the 4 Corners Area. They have several newspapers. Take a deep breath and think "beauty" and call me in the morning.

Oh, and think Bodisattva Vow. I think the Bodisattva's have a lot more power than some old Testament crank long dead and buried. There's Bodisattva's walking around right now. They just don't get the sensationalist press that nutso evangelicals do. Bodisattva's and Navajo's. There, there.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:56 AM   #45
dov

It is a lovely poem and thak you.

No offence please. I can freely discus the God of Abraham, whom I believe in, but it is not an exclusive faith. Elements that surround me moment to moment through time, I have learnt describing and defining her subtracts from her and is disrespectful. I do not judge anybodies spirituality or their expression of it.