Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 08-09-2004, 06:39 PM   #31
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt

HAve you ever eaten grass fed beef? How's it compare in flavor?
Yes I have, my uncle actually raised one last year. It was ok... nothing to write home about, but it didn't strike me as 'different' either. The grain feeding is where the 'marbling' comes from, so it's leaner for sure.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:53 AM   #32
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet
. . . I don't have a picture of my dog available right now. . .
Um, forgive me for nit-picking, but by saying "my dog" aren't you perpetuating the human-dominated, slave/master hegmony that PETA is supposed to be overthrowing? I can't imagine anyone who actually draws a paycheck from this organization making a casual slip like that.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:14 AM   #33
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I bet she puts on dark glasses and a hat and goes to Wendy's too.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:33 AM   #34
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 44/100% pure
Um, forgive me for nit-picking, but by saying "my dog" aren't you perpetuating the human-dominated, slave/master hegmony that PETA is supposed to be overthrowing? I can't imagine anyone who actually draws a paycheck from this organization making a casual slip like that.
In case you're really interested (which I just have the feeling you're not--your trying pick a fight and flame this thread) I am my dog's "guardian," not owner. I could also say something like "Jane Doe is my friend." Does that imply that I own Jane Doe, too?

Stupid argument. Please give me another reasonable suggestion as to how to construct the sentence I used without using the word "my."

Last edited by garnet; 08-10-2004 at 10:48 AM.
garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:37 AM   #35
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I bet she puts on dark glasses and a hat and goes to Wendy's too.
I have left the PETA threads alone since the crash, as it was apparent my comments were not welcome. Why are you guys still trying to pick fights with me about this?
Old 08-10-2004, 11:06 AM   #36
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Garnet, it has become apparent that you aren't noticing the difference between a fighting post and a joking post. I would estimate that at least 50% of the posts on the Cellar are meant to be humorous in one way or another. Not all of them will have smiley faces next to them, since dry wit and deadpan humor is a specialty around here. Seriously, just learn to laugh at yourself (and everyone else) and it'll be fine.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:08 AM   #37
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Dont take it to heart Garnet. This is one of those subjects that tends to lead to heated conversations. The Palestinian issue is another which tends to end up heated likewise the subject of capital punishment. I dont know why this subject gets people all het up. perhaps because animals play such an important role in many people's lives, either in terms of their food ( and therefore their overall lifestyle) or their pets which they may feel protective of their right to own.
I found your arguments interesting. I dont necessarily agree with everything you say but it made for an interesting read anyway *smiles*
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:20 AM   #38
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
Garnet, it has become apparent that you aren't noticing the difference between a fighting post and a joking post. I would estimate that at least 50% of the posts on the Cellar are meant to be humorous in one way or another. Not all of them will have smiley faces next to them, since dry wit and deadpan humor is a specialty around here. Seriously, just learn to laugh at yourself (and everyone else) and it'll be fine.
Sorry, but when it's the same people saying the same things over and over it's not funny anymore. And 99 44/100's post above wasn't exactly light-hearted. I've tried to make upbeat posts on other threads, and someone always pipes in with a vicious remark about vegetarians or a picture of a dead animal. Thanks for trying, I really appreciate it. But I just don't find that to be very funny.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:29 AM   #39
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Sorry, but when it's the same people saying the same things over and over it's not funny anymore. And 99 44/100's post above wasn't exactly light-hearted. I've tried to make upbeat posts on other threads, and someone always pipes in with a vicious remark about vegetarians or a picture of a dead animal. Thanks for trying, I really appreciate it. But I just don't find that to be very funny.

It's only been a couple of days. Stick around long enough to learn everyone else's hot buttons, and then you can push right back.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:32 AM   #40
garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
[i]

It's only been a couple of days. Stick around long enough to learn everyone else's hot buttons, and then you can push right back.
Much appreciated...thanks!
Old 08-10-2004, 11:59 AM   #41
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Have you considered that your relentless pushing of vegetarian/PETAn propaganda to an admittedly high percentage of dedicated meat eaters might have something to do with that?

The dead animal pictures were here before you got here. They will be here long after you leave.

Do not make the mistake of inflating your own importance to the board. We know from experience that there are people who at one point seemed to define the character of The Cellar. We very quickly found out that the place survives with or without them. It's not all about you.

If you think we are saying the same things over and over, perhaps you need to start reading and posting to threads on different topics. Oh, and don't hijack existing threads to suit your agenda, either. You'll just continue to frustrate yourself.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:42 PM   #42
garnet

Quote:
Have you considered that your relentless pushing of vegetarian/PETAn propaganda to an admittedly high percentage of dedicated meat eaters might have something to do with that?
Please go back and read my post. I fully admit that I did not get off to a good start with this board, and that is my doing. Like I said in my last post, I have completely avoided anything PETA related since the crash. I even declined voting in Patrick's poll. Perhaps you should check my recent posts before opening your big mouth. Why don't you pick another victim?

Quote:
If you think we are saying the same things over and over, perhaps you need to start reading and posting to threads on different topics.[/quote Oh, and don't hijack existing threads to suit your agenda, either. You'll just continue to frustrate yourself.
Uhhh, you might want to go back and read this thread from the beginning. It was hijacked by YOU and 99 44/100. The only thing I ever mentioned in this thread was my dog--YOU GUYS are the ones that brought my previous posts about PETA into it. Go back and read it, and then you can apologize to me.

Last edited by garnet; 08-10-2004 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:46 PM   #43
garnet

Quote:

Do not make the mistake of inflating your own importance to the board. We know from experience that there are people who at one point seemed to define the character of The Cellar. We very quickly found out that the place survives with or without them. It's not all about you.
Hmmm, you've go over 5,000 posts. Maybe YOU are placing too much importance on this board? How many hours a day (and over how many YEARS) do you spend finding ways to bicker with other people instead of doing something constructive? Don't you have anything better to do with your time?
Old 08-10-2004, 01:19 PM   #44
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Don't you have anything better to do with your time?
*grabs the folding chair, popcorn, flak jacket, and flame resistant suit*
Old 08-10-2004, 01:59 PM   #45
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
.......... Perhaps you should check my recent posts before opening your big mouth. .......
[thinks to self] Hoooo-leeeee-shit batman.....we're gonna see Wolf activate the intellectual baseball bat here [/thinks to self]

(Unfolds a chair next to Troubleshooter and sits down)
slang is offline   Reply With Quote