The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 12-23-2003, 08:48 PM   #31
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

definitely cockroaches for me! last weekend i was at the farm cutting up a tree that had fallen a few months back and the chainsaw at one point on the trunk had shattered the bark and about 6 or 8 of those dirty little miscreants scattered about. almost had to change my shorts!

another one is acrophobia. i know i fly planes but that's different what i mean is standing on the edge of a tall cliff or the roof of a tall building.......
Old 12-24-2003, 01:44 AM   #32
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
this is kind of scary too: click this only of you have a strong stomach and want to see whats under the yellow star below WARNING NSFW! THIS MAY CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
Oh good lord.

It's only a prolapsed rectum. Happens all the time.

Sheesh.

and plthijinx ... acrophobia in pilots is probably not all that uncommon. There is a BIG difference between the experience of being way high up in the sky, and way high up in the sky with a clear connection to the really flat, hard place below you. Standing on a cliff you don't have the same sense of power and control that you do in an aircraft. Wings are aerodynamically shaped, and supported by lots and lots of physics that allow you to be relatively certain that stable flight will continue to be so. You, personally, do NOT have aerodynamics on your side, unless you are Wile E. Coyote, and of course Coyote Physics requires that you plummet to your doom as soon as you have recognition of the fact that you are unsupported by anything other than your lack of awareness of the location of the ground.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 03:54 AM   #33
ndetroit
Master Locutor

damn..

I feel like such a fuckwit/asshat for posting the 2nd in Wolf's URL train...

oh well, at least my rectum is ok I guess.

rectum?
damn near killed 'em!

(if someone has already made that joke then just ignore me, and apply the above insults liberally once again).
ndetroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 07:28 AM   #34
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally posted by ndetroit
rectum?
damn near killed 'em!
He.. heh it had to be said.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:50 AM   #35
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf

Oh good lord.

It's only a prolapsed rectum. Happens all the time.

Sheesh.

not to me it doesn't! .....only a prolapsed rectum........waugh!

gave me the heebie geebies in a big way. anyone ever had this happen to them? tell me you have not seen this in person, wolf. i would quit whatever job that put me in the way of that on the spot, drive home and take a few showers. i could not work in the medical field. eeewwww! god bless you and insoluble ........ i'll stick with being looked down upon by teachers and people with real jobs cuz im in the auto industry.

whooook!
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 09:26 AM   #36
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
unless you are Wile E. Coyote, and of course Coyote Physics requires that you plummet to your doom as soon as you have recognition of the fact that you are unsupported by anything other than your lack of awareness of the location of the ground.
i've lost my engine in flight before (over a very busy highway at night) and had caught "Wile E. Coyote-itis. fortunately after running the checklist i was able to get the engine back. my co-pilot had switched tanks for me and didn't turn the valve all the way so he cut off the fuel. that was scary! cool thing was that i wasn't scared until after it was all over. training. gotta love it!
Old 12-24-2003, 11:44 AM   #37
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by lumberjim
tell me you have not seen this in person, wolf. i would quit whatever job that put me in the way of that on the spot, drive home and take a few showers.

Yes, actually, I have.

On a elderly female, but the prolapse was much more everted (that means more was hanging out). Pictures were taken, but I don't have them ... they are probably still undeveloped in the disposable camera, that the office manager has "somewhere".

I usually don't get to see spectacularly ugly medical stuff. We send people to the real hospital for that, but every now and again you have a "wow, you just have got to see this" kind of client.

The ambulance crew quarters showers are reserved for those "I was exposed to WHAT???!!" moments. I haven't ended up with anything. I'm very careful about universal precautions ... this, incidentally, is despite several hospital-wide infestations of scabies, lice, crabs, and the yearly pink eye epidemic. One of my partners gets EVERTHING.

EDIT TO ADD: I did once get to see the wet read of an xray of a client who had inserted a screw in her vagina. She had initially wanted me to be present for the extraction (I'd known her for a long time and she trusted me to be the duenna for the procedure), but luckily changed her mind on that at the last minute.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Last edited by wolf; 12-24-2003 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-24-2003, 12:28 PM   #38
Beletseri
Yeah sez you

I once saw the xray of a guy who had inserted a soda bottle up his rectum. I think that the problem getting it out was that the small end was in and was creating a suction on some tissues inside. No idea of how that was resolved. Maybe they drilled a hole in the bottom of the bottle or something.

Last edited by Beletseri; 12-24-2003 at 12:58 PM.
Beletseri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 12:36 PM   #39
OnyxCougar
Junior Master Dwellar

Re: Re: Re: fear

Quote:
Originally posted by insoluble

Edgar Allan Poe had the buried alive fear too. Wrote some good shorts about it. Unless you have dealings with the mafia, you should be damn dead by the time you get embalmed and stuff.
Stephen King wrote a short story about getting autopsied while alive, from first person.... **shiver**
OnyxCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 01:26 PM   #40
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Quote:
I did once get to see the wet read of an xray of a client who had inserted a screw in her vagina.
Did she have a severe problem with interpreting vulgar colloquialisms or what?
Old 12-24-2003, 02:41 PM   #41
wolf
lobber of scimitars

No, she ran out of quarters for the slot.

Old 12-25-2003, 08:50 PM   #42
Torrere
a real smartass

Who is going to post the awful Photoshopping that kills this thread?
Torrere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 10:59 PM   #43
Kitsune
still eats dirt

Re: Re: Re: Re: fear

Quote:
Originally posted by OnyxCougar
Stephen King wrote a short story about getting autopsied while alive, from first person.... **shiver**
Something similar kind of happens on a very rare frequency: being awake in surgery without being able to move or speak.

My fears? Eh, roaches are pretty nasty, but I'm talking about Florida palmetto bugs -- big as your head! When you spray them, their last attempt in life is to scare the shit out of you by coming right at you. The fun part: palmetto bugs fly.

I actually have a fairly tough time with sleep now and then. The whole "loss of control" is oddly difficult when you are under large amounts of stress during the day.

I love flying, but the last time I flew I paused for a moment and thought, "There are 40,000 feet just outside this metal tube between myself and the ocean. Holy shit."

Still love to fly, though.

Last edited by Kitsune; 12-25-2003 at 11:11 PM.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2003, 10:16 AM   #44
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fear

Quote:
Originally posted by Kitsune
The fun part: palmetto bugs fly.
So do sufficiently large roaches.

We have that kind at work.

Occasionally the patients try to make one a pet.

Old 12-26-2003, 02:16 PM   #45
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: fear

Quote:
Occasionally the patients try to make one a pet.
sounds like they're certifiable to me!

i've caught myself a couple of times on cross country trips staring at the ground and wondering what it would be like to have lost a wing or something. then i'll snap back and take care of the chores at hand with the airplane. one time air traffic control had given me vectors that took me straight over an "antenna farm" here in houston of which the tallest of these towers is 2,049 feet above ground level. man i looked at the top of that tower and just about shit my pants because of how tall it was! i was cruising at 3000 feet but still, it looked as if it was right there. i can't imagine being one of those guys that has to climb to the top of those things to change the light/strobe