The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 09-25-2003, 05:56 AM   #31
Billy
Professor

Miss China beauty pageant

Beauty queen Guan Qi wears her crown after becoming the new Miss China September 21, 2003. The 21-year-old from Jilin Province in Northeast China took part in the finals of the beauty pageant in Sanya, Hainan Province. Guan will represent China now in the Miss World pageant finals to be held in Sanya in December.
Attached Images

Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 05:57 AM   #32
Billy
Professor

Beauty queen Guan Qi (centre), and runner-up Song Bingjie (right), second runner-up Liu Lina pose for a photo.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2003, 05:57 AM   #33
Billy
Professor

Guan Qi is crowned by last year's Miss China Wu Yingna.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2003, 05:57 AM   #34
Billy
Professor

Beauty queen Guan Qi in Miss China beauty contest.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2003, 05:59 AM   #35
Billy
Professor

72nd anniversary of Japanese invasion to China

Students hold a banner that reads "Remembering History and Treasuring Peace" in front of the Museum of the Anti-Japanese War in Shenyang, Northeast China's Liaoning Province, September 18, 2003. Today is the 72nd anniversary of the "September 18th Incident," when Japanese troops launched a sudden attack on the Chinese army in Shenyang.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2003, 05:59 AM   #36
Billy
Professor

On the evening 10:20 of September 18, 1931, the Japanese Kanto Army blew up the Liutiaohu Railway of the South Manchuria Railway in Shenyang, northen China, yet they fabricated that Chinese army did it. Under this excuse, they cannoned Beidaying Battalion of the Northeast Army of Kuomintang, and attacked Shenyang, launched the "Huanggutun Incident" which shocked China and the whole world. This is the historical "9.18 Incident", which resulted in Japan's massive invasion in Northeastern China and later the whole country in 1937.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2003, 06:00 AM   #37
Billy
Professor

Broken Calendar Monument for "9.18 Incident" built in 1991 in Shenyang.
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2003, 06:00 AM   #38
Billy
Professor

Chinese civilians killed by Japanese soldiers in "9.18 Incident".
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2003, 04:50 PM   #39
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Billy, #4 won so tell #12 I'd love to console her.

As for 9-18, the Japanese have a habit of sneak attacks. They did it to the Russians and to the US also.
Old 09-25-2003, 06:49 PM   #40
LUVBUGZ
Not aging gracefully.

Billy, you post such interesting pictures and I love reading your commentary. I know you have said before that you have difficulty with the English language and I think you do very well with it, but I often find myself giggling at your words. Most of the time I can understand what you're trying to say. I am NOT making fun of you at all, but just letting you know I really enjoy reading and seeing your posts. In this thread I had to laugh at the "underware show". These may not be your words, but they struck me as funny. I also got a laugh from the "Frontier guards...demonstrating their comprehensive skills of shooting, hunting and arresting criminals". Once again I don't know if these are your words, but I wish we could "hunt" and "shoot" criminals here in the USA. It might reduce the paperwork associated with just "arresting" them like we're supposed to do .

Well, with the "undies shows", beauty pagents, and Pandas, it sure does look like East has finally met West.

Mama Loves You Baby Girl ~ May You Rest In Peace
LUVBUGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 08:35 PM   #41
Billy
Professor

Sometimes not mine

Sometimes I post it my own words, others I copy from the China English newspaper. I don't have time enough to write becasue I surf Internet in cyber cafe. I can not waste too much time in it.
Old 09-26-2003, 12:11 AM   #42
Billy
Professor

Strong earthquake in Japan

Workers clear debris at Kushiro Airport terminal on the northern main island of Hokkaido, Japan after it was shaken by powerful earthquakes September 26, 2003. A series of earthquakes jolted Hokkaido early on Friday, injuring more than 230 people, causing widespread damage and blackouts and prompting officials to issue tidal wave warnings.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2003, 12:12 AM   #43
Billy
Professor

Books are scattered across the floor at a bookshop after strong quakes in Obihiro, northern Japan, September 26, 2003. A series of powerful earthquakes jolted the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido early on Friday, injuring more than 160 people, causing widespread damage and blackouts and prompting officials to issue tidal wave warnings.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2003, 12:13 AM   #44
Billy
Professor

Black smoke billows out of an oil storage facility at a refinery in Tomakomai on the northern main island of Hokkaido, Japan after powerful earthquakes hit the island September 26, 2003. The quakes injured more than 160 people, caused widespread damage and blackouts and prompted officials to issue tidal wave warnings.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2003, 12:14 AM   #45
Billy
Professor

Japanese firemen extinguish a blaze at an oil facility after a series of powerful earthquakes in Tomakomai, the city of northern Japanese island of Hokkaido, September 26, 2003. Japan's Meteorogical Agency measured the initial quake at 8.0 on the Richter scale -- powerful enough to cause significant damage -- and it warned residents of aftershocks.
Attached Images