The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 01-07-2003, 12:47 PM   #31
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by russotto
They stuck one of those billboards on a local road (speed limit 25) near me. I think I managed to get it up to 32mph.
I wonder what a speeding fine for skating would look like?
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 12:54 PM   #32
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by slang
Slang on Segway being arrested by the local law enforcement.
Offer to post bail made on Sheep Poetry thread is still in effect. I'm a woman of my word.

Unless, of course, your preference would involve a couple of cross-chest shotshell bandoliers and a 12-gauge in each hand to bust you out. Barney Fife would pee himself. (actually, I'd just wait for the nightly donut run and walk on into the station and unhook you from the radiator. I always carry a handcuff key. I just thought the other idea might be thrillin' for you)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 01:08 PM   #33
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:

I wonder what a speeding fine for skating would look like?

Just guessing, but:

"Ignoring a traffic signaling device."

Probably around $80 plus court costs

I'll ask around.

I honesty, unless you got yourself in a position of causing an accident or "risking a catastrophe" I don't think you'd get fined for skating too fast. Laughed at when you fell down, yes, but arrested, no.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

Old 01-07-2003, 01:50 PM   #34
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Hey wait a minute! Russotto can outrun my Segway? I need to start designing a turbo kit or something, that's just not right.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:35 PM   #35
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Actually, slang, you might wanna try the inline skates. Get around a lot faster, with, well, okay, not LESS effort, but different effort. Could be ideal for you. I don't know if you've done this before.

Also, they are much less costly than the Segway. And you don't need to recharge them every couple of miles.

I've actually considered it from time to time (and was once able to make a fairly effective trip up and down one of the hallways here at work), but am relatively fearful of injury, especially now that I saw the most recent x-rays of my nearly healed hand ...

Work up the design on the turbo kit, anyway. I'll bet there'll be a demand for it ...

Old 01-07-2003, 05:55 PM   #36
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Segway looks a little like a chariot...

Crossing threads from Entertainment, here...since the Segway does resemble a small-platform chariot, perhaps we can add even more high tech to the gladiatorial contests we're designing by getting Segway to provide a couple dozen of these, and then we can have racing battles and save big money on the horses!
Old 01-07-2003, 06:03 PM   #37
wolf
lobber of scimitars

That will also save a lot of hassles from the PETA people.

At least until the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Segways gets up and running.

Carefully wording the hold harmless/liability control statements should suffice for the human, subhuman, and demihuman participants. (I've wondered about some of the contestants on stuff like Fear Factor. I don't think they're all quite human).

Old 01-07-2003, 06:04 PM   #38
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Good idea. I like it. The Segway is not nearly as frightening as a team of thundering horses but having people spraying boiling oil from a wand while riding one, that's scary !

Running people over with horses seems to be a lot more fun though. For that matter running people over with a moose sounds appealing too.

Anyway, the budget will determine the props.

Last edited by slang; 01-07-2003 at 06:18 PM.
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 06:17 PM   #39
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Perhaps Segway would scale up the original model to chariot racing scale...more mass, more speed, more standing room for the hot oil gunner?

Jeeps turned into Humvees...any reason why Segways can't turn into Battle Wagons?
Old 01-07-2003, 06:20 PM   #40
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspode
Jeeps turned into Humvees...any reason why Segways can't turn into Battle Wagons?
They'll require the yet undesigned slangturbo to handle the extra load.

Hey, maybe we can install a small turbine in them. Turbines have plenty of power.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:31 PM   #41
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Brilliant. I'm glad I thought of it. Can you have some preliminary drawings on my desk by tomorrow so I can take credit for it at the design team meeting?

Old 01-07-2003, 07:58 PM   #42
Uryoces
2nd Covenant, yo

If they are being sneaky and not counting them as moving violations, that would be ... sneaky ... yes. I see so many imapatient drivers in downtown Seattle going through red lights that are a second old, they'd make a mint!

But if you want payback my Dad always says, "Wait 'til it's night, and throw rocks through their windows!"

I don't think he's actually done it, but it sounds most satisfying...
Uryoces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 08:04 PM   #43
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally posted by Uryoces
But if you want payback my Dad always says, "Wait 'til it's night, and throw rocks through their windows!"

I don't think he's actually done it, but it sounds most satisfying...

If you think that's satisfying ... imagine gallon jugs of frozen urine.

(leaving the caps off is recommended.)

Old 01-08-2003, 01:08 AM   #44
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf

"Ignoring a traffic signaling device."

Probably around $80 plus court costs

I'll ask around.

I honesty, unless you got yourself in a position of causing an accident or "risking a catastrophe" I don't think you'd get fined for skating too fast. Laughed at when you fell down, yes, but arrested, no.
"Wreckless endangerment."

Quzah.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 01:10 AM   #45
quzah
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

Quote:
I'm glad I found something you liked. I know the hunting pics dont seem to make you too happy.
I'm vegan. Hunting makes me sad. In general I'm not a big fan of things dying. I'm not fond of death in general...

...except when I'm shooting people in a game. Then it's fun. Time for some more Delta Force...

Quzah.
quzah is offline   Reply With Quote