The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 07-28-2004, 03:08 AM   #31
wolf
lobber of scimitars

They've done it before.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 07:47 AM   #32
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
On the whole meat is murder issue...

I refuse to listen to PETA or anyone else who would encourage the consumption of harvested grains or vegetables in favor of eating from animals that are slaughtered. Take a wheat field that's ready for harvest. That wheat field is an ecosystem. You're going to find critters from all points on the food chain, from bugs to birds, mice to snakes and foxes.

Now, run a harvesting machine across that land. The bigger things like foxes and birds can easily flee the area when the tiller comes around, but woe be to all those small animals. The ones that nest above ground have no where to run and they can't outrun some of those machines. The ones that have nests below ground only have a short time before the field itself is tilled. And the small critters are opportunistic maters, so they could have families at any time of the year.

Unless I'm misreading/misunderstanding where PETA stands on the whole animal rights/animal suffrage issue, PETA ought to be doing something to stop these ritual mass-slaughters of small fuzzy things that live in these grain field habitats farmers create. Stop the merciless culling of the voiceless small animals who are lulled into a false sense of security by man with their fields of abundant food and ample cover from predators! *waves her Stick of Fuzzy-Thing Justice around* Maybe they can hold a Love-In down in front of these reaping machines in protest. We should get a picture of that too.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to sit back with one of my rats and carnivorously devour this double-bacon cheeseburger. (or I would if I was at home....*mutter*)

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:05 AM   #33
jaguar
whig

Bit of a difference between a peaceful protest and boarding with the intention to sink wolf.

PETA needs to stop blowing it's damn feet off, they're a bunch of damn nutjobs. There are some things I agree with - meat production is a very inefficient way to get food, animals should be slaughtered harmlessly and those kind of reasonable things but if they think my cat wants to be thrown into the forrest to fend for itself I wish they could ask it personally so she could scratch their eyes out.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:16 AM   #34
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I think that they should issue tags for PETA members, just in case one accidentally gets in between you and a deer.

The idiots trying to board the sub sound more like Greenpeace ... or there is also a more radical batch of those fellahs ... Sea Shepherd, I think.
Bet they hate it when the shoe is on the other foot.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:17 AM   #35
jaguar
whig

because killing journos and sinking a private boat protesting that oh-so-defenceable activity of irradiating the pacific is a defenceable act.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:21 AM   #36
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar
because killing journos and sinking a private boat protesting that oh-so-defenceable activity of irradiating the pacific is a defenceable act.
We can't fall into the habit of dismissing everything they do just because they are a bunch of wackos.

Nuclear waste is bad, no doubt. What's the word on renewed radioactive fuels these days by the way?
Old 07-28-2004, 08:50 AM   #37
jdbutler
If ya cant take a joke, Effya!

When they finish, will it be "P.E.T.A. bred"?
Old 07-28-2004, 08:56 AM   #38
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Where's the smiley for groan.

:p
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:58 AM   #39
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Here you go:
Attached Images

dar512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:05 AM   #40
elf
Yay! We're Dooomed!

Location: Mostly: New York. Most Recently: New Jersey. Currently: Colorado
I was amused:

Two bumper stickers, one car:

1: Meat is Murder!!

2: I {heart} my Shar-pei

Uhm, pardon, but what do you feed your dog?

elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:33 AM   #41
jdbutler
If ya cant take a joke, Effya!

[quote=elf]

1: Meat is Murder!!
Beat it till it dies!

2: I {heart} my Shar-pei
Hey dude, that's my Sharpei!

Uhm, pardon, but what do you feed your dog?
He's an Alpoholic...

I know, groan - groan.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:59 AM   #42
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
What's funny is that people are actually feeding their carnivorous animals a strict vegetarian diet. I believe there's even dog and cat feed out there for that purpose. Granted, dogs and cats will eat grass and nibble greenery but it's for helping to clear out the GI tract, not for food. It's like a human eating nothing but Metamucil or FiberCon and calling it food.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 11:05 AM   #43
Catwoman
stalking a Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter
We can't fall into the habit of dismissing everything they do just because they are a bunch of wackos.
Indeed, that would be an ad hominem argument.

They are fucked up though.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:09 AM   #44
Troubleshooter
The urban Jane Goodall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman
Indeed, that would be an ad hominem argument.

They are fucked up though.
That's the problem, their fuckupedness severly damages a legitimate issue.

Is there a moderate/centrist environmental group out there?
Old 07-28-2004, 11:29 AM   #45
jaguar
whig

Depends where you stand really. I mean there are still people that refuse to believe global warming is possible, despite the overwhelming scientific evidence and then those who just think we can turn up the aircon. Tell that to a farmer who's land is being overrun by the Gobi desert or a citizen of the maldives.

The thing is, when you really bother to do the reasearch the damage we're doing to our planet is incredible and the changes needed to make it sustainable are huge. Suddenly extreme just makes a bit more sense.