The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 04-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #31
Hime
Extraordinary Machine

The liturgical leotard is totally not a leotard. However, what it is, is a garment to be worn by worship dancers, who dance as part of church services. It's a relatively recent trend in US churches -- generally they wear flowing robes, do a lot of lyrical arm movements, and interpret the music used in the service.

Culturally speaking, it means that the bigger churches' desire to attract more people who don't want to sit through boring sermons has overtaken their disapproval of dancing.

As a dancer, I say unitards are better because leotards create the worst panty lines known to man.
Hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:57 AM   #32
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hime View Post
As a dancer, I say unitards are better because leotards create the worst panty lines known to man.
And some of the best known camel toes.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:18 PM   #33
rkzenrage

Four years of ballet with arthritis (and other stuff I did not know I had at the time)... I wore leggings, but hate anything that looks like spandex. They look like pain to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie View Post
I take it as my civic duty to run over anyone riding a bicycle who is wearing spandex.

I've been meaning to say that for a long time and this thread seemed like a good place to say it. I started to put it in the confession thread except that thread is kind of dead and I didn't feel like getting called out in the thread bomb thread.
A: they are warm.
B: they keep the ticks off of you off-road.