The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 07-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #31
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

if a girl is really mad at you, she aint hitting you. she's going to stay with her sister.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:39 PM   #32
Flint
Snowflake

"one of the few" ??? ... dude ... uh ...
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:43 PM   #33
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Fresh, I realize what you're trying to say, but what Monster, Shawnee, and I are trying to say is that a woman hitting a man is not acceptable either, at all.

I don't doubt that many men are victims of abuse by women. But I do doubt that 'hormones' are a common cause. Lack of respect, anger issues and mental instability are more likely culprits, just as with men abusing women (or men abusing men, or women abusing women, whatever the relationship may be).
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:46 PM   #34
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
if a girl is really mad at you, she aint hitting you. she's going to stay with her sister.
And she's not putting out.

Oh great, now I'm being sexist. Stop it, you guys!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:47 PM   #35
Uisge Beatha
Lecturer

Quote:
That's just...awful, UB. ~snip~ I hope you're not in that kind of situation anymore.
Thanks, blue. That relationship ended over four years ago. I now have plenty of time to annoy everybody here. :p

I don't believe my wife really wanted to hurt me. She is deeply troubled, mainly from having been abused as a child. Violence became a part of her and would pop up whether or not she intended such. This is part of the problem with partner abuse; it is too often unintentional. Again, this is no excuse, but rather an unfortunate fact.
Uisge Beatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:47 PM   #36
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

I've never punched, slapped or kicked another human out of anger (well, except my brother when I was 10, I'm not perfect).

I playfully punch my workmates/friends in the arms, but thats it.

Actually, I dont say anything that I will regret later either in the heat of the moment.....sometimes things said in anger can never be taken back and hurt more than the physical.

Quote:
Now, let's all say together: beating on each other is not a healthy way to solve problems. I don't care about your gender, your race, your color, or what planet you're from. It's stupid.
Stop making excuses for girls with tempers they cant control and the lack of respect they are displaying.

If they are beating/slapping/kicking whatever in anger....its a problem and no one should accept it.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:51 PM   #37
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksNuts View Post
Actually, I dont say anything that I will regret later either in the heat of the moment.....sometimes things said in anger can never be taken back and hurt more than the physical.
Good point. We don't do that either. Sure, we get angry with each other sometimes, but we explain why instead of saying stupid crap.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:57 PM   #38
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshnesschronic View Post
I think there is a much bigger difference if a male is being abusive than if a female is "being abusive."
I originally stated a huge difference between the two.

Quote:
Maybe I'm more traditional on this, but I'll let emo PMSy girls hit their boyfriends and start crying but I don't think a guy shaking his girl is appropriate.
Basically saying a girl getting emo isn't really a life threatening or relationship threatening experience and definitely marking physicality in males as unacceptable.

Quote:
All we are trying to say is, that is more of an acceptable behaivor than a man putting his hand on a woman.
You don't see girls getting police reports of domestic abuse for slapping their boyfriend in the face when he comes home at 2 am, or throwing pillows as hard as she can at him when he forgets to water the dead hedges while she was away for the weekend.

Ok, physical abuse in any way is wrong. I never disagreed with this statement, everyone happy?

I consider it a whole 'nother ballpark when a girl hits a guy, but that's just me. Sure I'm making huge assumptions about the guy and girl but listen to this. I prefer it to have a girl getting tense and jabbing her guy in the chest than a guy backhanding a girl that sends her wiped out on the kitchen floor. Is that wrong?

Let's focus on anonymous and not me, ok? I don't even think what I said was THAT big of a deal, really.

Last edited by freshnesschronic; 07-24-2007 at 11:02 PM.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:32 AM   #39
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Girls that carry on and hit their boyfriends don't deserve their boyfriends. It's just stupid. No one should feel that it's ok to hit or be hit by someone who is out of control.

I once slapped the man who fathered my children. I was out of control at the time. That was because he crashed MY car into the fence when he arrived home at 8am Monday morning, drunk and smelling like a perfume shop after having left for 'work' the previous evening.

Yep, I definitely didn't deserve him.

I left him that day, and took the kids with me.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:58 AM   #40
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
I prefer it to have a girl getting tense and jabbing her guy in the chest than a guy backhanding a girl that sends her wiped out on the kitchen floor. Is that wrong?
Think about the scenario switched around. The guy jabs at the girl in frustration, and the girl throws an uppercut at the guy that flattens him out. It's all wrong.

Quote:
You don't see girls getting police reports of domestic abuse for slapping their boyfriend in the face when he comes home at 2 am
Maybe not, but it sure isn't a healthy relationship.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #41
freshnesschronic
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
Think about the scenario switched around. The guy jabs at the girl in frustration, and the girl throws an uppercut at the guy that flattens him out. It's all wrong.
It was never a scenario it was just two separate distinct actions, one by a girl, one by a guy. I highlighted in red that I said it was wrong in both cases.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #42
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Yes, he distinctly said it was, I mean wasn't, was, wasn't OK for PMSy emo girls to hit.

So, what do we blame it on when a guy hits? Backed up semen?

There's no doubt that PMS exists and can cause a whole range of emotions, but it has nothing to do with people who like to hit.

Just wanted to point that out.

Last edited by Shawnee123; 07-25-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:50 PM   #43
jester
why so serious

I have only hit a guy one time and it was well deserved. I was in middle school and he was being a jerk, calling me names (constantly), as in every freakin day - so during lunch and in the lunch line - I could stand it no more and slapped him in the face - not really a "hit" but it got the point across and he left me alone after that.:p
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:06 PM   #44
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
Good point. We don't do that either. Sure, we get angry with each other sometimes, but we explain why instead of saying stupid crap.
Best Beloved and I sometimes say the stupid crap, too ... but we realise soon after what's going on and explain once we've worked it out, or work it out together.

edited to add: ... and we're getting quicker off the mark each time!
Old 07-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #45
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester View Post
I have only hit a guy one time and it was well deserved. I was in middle school and he was being a jerk, calling me names (constantly), as in every freakin day - so during lunch and in the lunch line - I could stand it no more and slapped him in the face - not really a "hit" but it got the point across and he left me alone after that.:p
jerk and jester, sittin in a tree,
h - i - t - t - i - n - g

oooooooo a crush....