The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 08-04-2007, 07:56 AM   #31
rkzenrage

Update on Rkzenrage

Hello, Kan again.

First of all, thank you all for all of your well wishes, prayers, positive thoughts, etc. I will pass them on to Rob. He will appreciate it right now. All is well with his ticker, thankfully so you will have to endure his rantings for a while longer.

However, about an hour before he went down for the heart cath, he started passing a lot of blood through his urine...a lot. The doctor came in and it appears he has a secondary issue to contend with in addition to the chest pain and shortness of breath now. He also has a severe kidney and bladder infection. They are currently constantly irrigating his kidneys and bladder (no fun) and giving him a strong antibiotic via IV.

At any rate, he will be in the hospital for at least the weekend. I should know more about his condition later today as I am on my way back up there now. BTW, he does have a laptop but the hospital we are in is located in a small town and does not have Internet access. Therefore, you are stuck with me for now. Sorry, he will have to read his get well messages on his return home.

xxoo,
Kan
Old 08-04-2007, 09:01 AM   #32
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

*up and at 'em cowboy*

Thanks for letting us know Kan. I am looking forward to his speedy return.
Best wishes to you all
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:19 AM   #33
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Thanks for the update. Still sending warm thoughts! Hang in there.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:28 AM   #34
Uisge Beatha
Lecturer

Kan, I am sorry to hear about the infection, but glad to receive news, nonetheless. I'm wishing for Rob's speedy recovery and hoping you can hold up well through it all. It's good to know he's got you.
Uisge Beatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #35
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Glad to hear it's not his heart - hope his infection clears quickly. Best wishes.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:08 AM   #36
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Very glad to hear rk's heart's ok. Shame about the infection, I bet he's feeling rotten. Get well soon Rob, and thanks, Kan, for keeping us up to speed on this. As you can probably tell from all the posts, Rob is an important part of this community and we want him back and lambasting asap *smiles*

X Dana
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #37
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
BTW, he does have a laptop but the hospital we are in is located in a small town and does not have Internet access.
Wow. Tell him when we heard that we wanted to know if they're using any of those newfangled 'horseless carriages' as ambulances.

Seriously, tell him we all miss him and hope he's back real soon. I'm going to pray for him even though G-d's probably going to be ticked off at me for using a computer on the Sabbath.
Attached Images

I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #38
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #39
Griff
still says videotape

I hope you're feeling better soon Rob. take care Man
Old 08-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #40
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlevy View Post
I'm going to pray for him even though G-d's probably going to be ticked off at me for using a computer on the Sabbath.
It's a mitzvah, you're good.

Let me know if you have an emergency and need a shabbes goy, though.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #41
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Positive Karma sent his way. I hope he does well and gets back here soon.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #42
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Just saw this, please add my get well soon wishes to the pile! Hang in there Kan, we are thinking of you and your family too
Old 08-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #43
Pie
Gone and done

Be well, Rob and Kan. Thanks for letting us know the status.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:09 PM   #44
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

Kan- you're awesome for doing that for RK. Nice to meet you and tell him that he's missed 'round here.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:38 PM   #45
rkzenrage

It's me guys, I'm home.
Seems the chest pain and shortness of breath is that my back spams have moved into/around my esophagus and the degenerative connective tissue disorder has gotten worse around my ribs. The two combined are a bad combination.
The heart cath was something he as been wanting to do since I had the heart problems some time ago, the good news from that is that it and my arterial health is good. The heart issues from my allergic reaction from the Cipro drugs is gone.
My blood pressure is very low when I am in a lot of pain, around 80-90/40. No real explanation around that.
The infection is pretty bad, in both kidneys, bladder and now in my urinary tract. Pretty sure I've been passing two of my kidney stones during all of this too as well as a a great deal of very dark blood even after being flushed with five liters of saline.
This will probably postpone my surgery next Monday (to replace my stimulator).
I'm really tired, more than anything.
I want to thank all of you for your kind thoughts, prayers and support, it means more to me than any of you can know!