The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 04-12-2002, 11:04 PM   #31
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Talking

Damn Tony...that was indeed funny. I almost spit my beer out.

While I appreciate the offer, I must decline.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 08:03 AM   #32
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Damn Tony...that was indeed funny.
I thought he was serious. :-)

Last edited by MaggieL; 04-13-2002 at 08:05 AM.
MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 11:48 AM   #33
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

That's dirty pool, Parm, unless you are willing to submit a photo of yourself.

Here's one of me for example.
Attached Images

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 11:49 AM   #34
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

OK, OK, I take it back. I'm having FAR FAR FAR too much fun on this thread! Still, Syc and I do resemble each other in too many ways. If you don't like him for his looks, don't leave me out of it! Hate me too!
Old 04-13-2002, 12:15 PM   #35
Hubris Boy
Keymaster of Gozer

Quote:
Originally posted by Parmenion
No wonder you specify 'Being obnoxious' as your first hobby.
Why don't you tell us about your hobbies, mouthbreather?
Old 04-13-2002, 02:09 PM   #36
ladysycamore
"I may not always be perfect, but I'm always me."

Quote:
Originally posted by Hubris Boy

So, throwing caution to the wind and possibly ruining my chances of holding elected office in the future, I hereby freely admit to my own use of marijuana in the past. It was a youthful indiscretion... I was never a confirmed user... I merely experimented with it on four- or five-hundred separate occasions, before finally deciding that I didn't like it.
And, yes, I did inhale.
*brings on the memories*

Lawdhavemercy: All I can say is during 1993-1997, I was in a fog...literally.

"Did you smoke pot in the past?"

*"I don't know...I was too stoned to remember..."

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
ladysycamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 02:36 PM   #37
ladysycamore

Quote:
Originally posted by MaggieL

So far the only complaints you've registered about Pennsylvania are that Frankford Hospital sucks (so why go there? Lots of other hospitals in town)

Currently, I'm in the Frankford Hospital system regarding my dialysis. The center that I'm at now is great (after being in two other locales prior). I have a history with FH, so I'm going to stick with them...for now. In addition, it was only the TORRESDALE location that sucked major ass. The Bucks County locale was more pleasant. Too bad it's further away from the apt.

Quote:

and none of LadySyc's relatives live here....which you knew going-in but it didn't matter until you needed help taking care of her.

Well, I thought it was pretty admirable of him to think about MY needs regarding my health, something to which we BOTH agreed upon.

Quote:

Pennsylvania rocks....and Northeast Philly is hardly representative of the whole state.

I don't recall anyone saying that it WAS. Admittedly, NE Philly is quite nice. IMO, our particular area could use a bit more..."culture" (and I KNOW I'll get in trouble with that, but oh well), but hey, we work with what we have.

"The Akan concept of Sankofa: In order to move forward we first have to take a step back. In other words, before we can be prepared for the future, we must comprehend the past." From "We Did It, They Hid It"
Old 04-13-2002, 02:44 PM   #38
ladysycamore

Quote:
Originally posted by MaggieL

Well, you used to love Philly. Now you can't wait to leave, and continue to bad-mouth the place, as above. The big turning point seemed to be Frankford Hospital incidents.
They did sound like you got lousy care. There's *lots * of other hospitals in this town. I have no idea why you'd go back there.

*see post prior regarding explaination*

Quote:

I mostly get the impression that LadySyc just wants to go home to Baltimore. That's an assumption too, of course. But if you guys don't like the area anymore, for whatever reason, by all means please *go*, and quit complaining.
What's the problem? I'm sure that there are people who were actually BORN here that complain. Are you going to tell THEM to leave too?

I think we'll continue to exercise our right to complain, and by the way...turns out that we're NOT leaving after all (at least, not for a while...).

Old 04-13-2002, 03:12 PM   #39
elSicomoro

Thanks for the free publicity Parmenion. I'm always trying to get more people over to the site, so that might help.

Quote:
Originally posted by Parmenion
Man, that's some impressive flamebait there. Low-key, yet still insulting.
I don't see it that way, but to each his own.

Quote:
No wonder you specify 'Being obnoxious' as your first hobby. (no, really, check it out <a href="http://syc75.tripod.com/tmoney.html">here</a>.)
It's only one of several hobbies actually. You might have also noticed:

Listening to music
Writing
Playing sports games on PlayStation
Watching sports (particularly hockey)
Learning the intricacies of Philadelphia
Going on road trips
Websurfing
Building Sycamoreland
Walking
Enjoying beauty and nature in its simplest forms
Being me

And there are even more beyond that.

Quote:
It's not surprising to see what you actually <a href="http://syc75.tripod.com/tmoney4.jpg">look like</a> either.</a>

Keep babbling, homeboy.
To quote you: "Man, that's some impressive flamebait there. Low-key, yet still insulting."

What's wrong? Do you fear my striking good looks?

Or, is it just the picture itself. Oh dear, I'm sorry. I can see how it might scare some folk...it might give off that "angry vibe." Here's what I would call a more "normal" pic, taken in Chicago in July 1998.

Now, run along and go back to lurking...
Attached Images

Last edited by elSicomoro; 04-13-2002 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2002, 03:18 PM   #40
elSicomoro

Look...I even smile in some pics!
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2002, 03:38 PM   #41
elSicomoro

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
OK, OK, I take it back. I'm having FAR FAR FAR too much fun on this thread! Still, Syc and I do resemble each other in too many ways. If you don't like him for his looks, don't leave me out of it! Hate me too!
Damn...that's scary! Heh.

Put Chris Simon of the Washington Capitals in, and we could possibly pass for triplets.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2002, 10:00 PM   #42
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Yah, but the weird thing is, I don't look much like that. They say I look a little like that Michael Moore, is what they say. And that was before I put on some weight and started wearing ball caps everywhere. I guess I wanna be like Mike.
Old 04-13-2002, 11:01 PM   #43
elSicomoro

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Yah, but the weird thing is, I don't look much like that. They say I look a little like that Michael Moore
Michael Moore?
Old 04-13-2002, 11:13 PM   #44
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

This guy:

Old 04-14-2002, 03:26 AM   #45
jaguar
whig

Man you to a way...too similar. Syc loosk roughly how i expected (i think i may have seen a pic before) UT...i donno..*laughz

I'd post a pic of me but the only ones i have on the comp are incrimination ones from a formal afterparty and i'm posting those over my dead body.

Parmenion do you a fetish for baptisms of fire or are you just one of natures natural bitches?

Last edited by jaguar; 04-14-2002 at 03:29 AM.
jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote